• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Religion

Which of these best fits you?

• Theist

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Atheist

Votes: 47 47.5%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 14 14.1%

• Total voters
I remember seeing a Franciscan monk when they visited Amsterdam in Religiolous, what's up with that. (dude was cool as hell too)

Amsterdam is weird, some of the cities above the rivers do have catholic communities (Amsterdam is the prime example).

And I have been to catholic church for the same reason as VPLJ (my parents were both born into Catholic families, and are officially catholics, but they are paper catholics as I like to term them, officially raised Catholic but actually don't do anything with it.)

phew yes thank god you found another christian in the midst of all these vile atheists/agnostics/deists/wiccans/buddhists/muslims, we were about to rip your eyes out

seriousquestion: do you only have to be Christian to go to heaven? If so, sweet deal. I'm asking because I've read different verdicts on the matter. I only know it's closed to fags, hookers and idolatrers.

not in the catholic church those people can buy their way in using indulgences

pretty sure you need to in the more protestant sects

None of these choices is a religion. :( Also putting "atheist" or "atheism" down on a list of religions isn't technically correct in any case; "none" or "not applicable" would be more accurate.

I just made the poll a 'which of these best fits you' though, and that's not really a title with much attention-grabbing strength. Maybe the title should have been 'Your Beliefs', I dunno. D:

I'm surprised to find so many theists here actually, and I never knew certain people were Christian. I also agree with everyone who's said they find religion very interesting. The way religion's built and affected society is a really fascinating thing to research, even if it is a bit depressing sometimes.

seriousquestion: do you only have to be Christian to go to heaven? If so, sweet deal. I'm asking because I've read different verdicts on the matter. I only know it's closed to fags, hookers and idolatrers.

Not as far as I know, no. The "requirements" for getting into heaven vary greatly from one branch of Christianity to the next; the "fags, hookers and idolatrers" not being let in is a pretty Catholic view, while Calvinism says that certain people are picked by God before they're even born, and only those will get into heaven, regardless of how anyone lives their lives. Predestination is weeeird.

I feel behind. o.O

Anywho, I'm Wiccan~ I say it a lot, so it's no big surprise. XP I believe in twin deities, and from them stem all other gods and goddesses. I feel I have a stronger connection to the Horned God than any other god or goddess, dunno why exactly. But yeah, I know you all care about this. ^_^

I think, like a concerning number of Christian beliefs, it differs depending on which Christian you're asking. To hardcore, devout Christians it probably is Christians and Christians alone who can go there, but to others think pretty much anybody who lives a good life or whatever can end up there.

(Is it just me or does 51.61% look surprisingly small for a proportion of atheist TCoDers?...)

Been going back and forth between atheism and agnosticism for most of my life, but I think I may have finally settled on atheism (which is what I voted for). Neither of my parents are particularly religious -- my mom is into reading books written by kooky psychic types, and the only time I've ever seen my dad watch a televangelist on TV was to make fun of him throughout. My grandparents, on the other hand, are hardcore conservative Christian and tried to pummel it into my head as a child but it never quite worked -- could never make myself believe it, even though there was a point where I really wanted to believe it.

I think religions are interesting too, though. Hinduism is especially awesome. You should take a course on it if you get a chance, which is what I am doing at the moment. ;) How can you look at a depiction of Ganesha and not smile?

Oh, wait, I was born Catholic if that counts for anything. The occasional spitting from the Protestants but that died down a lot since first year ♥

What I meant by my post before is that since I was Portuguese, I was raised Catholic.
My brother is an atheist.

phew yes thank god you found another christian in the midst of all these vile atheists/agnostics/deists/wiccans/buddhists/muslims, we were about to rip your eyes out

1, please don't be an ass, man, i like you and it's not like they said anything past 'we are not so different, you and i'

2 Personally I think so's long as you're not a douchebag, etc, you can get into heaven. Yeah, this includes fags and hookers and people who aren't outright christian.

But someone's gonna start the 'i can pick and choose out of the bible lol' bs and I hate that shit because it's like we're terrible people for not following the retarded parts of christianity.

But someone's gonna start the 'i can pick and choose out of the bible lol' bs and I hate that shit because it's like we're terrible people for not following the retarded parts of christianity.
So how do you know which parts are retarded and which aren't? Who are you to say they are/aren't? Why do such parts exist in the first place?

So how do you know which parts are retarded and which aren't? Who are you to say they are/aren't? Why do such parts exist in the first place?

- I have this thing in my head called a brain

- try telling me that 'SEA FOOD IS EVIL' isn't stupid

- because it made sense once upon a time. A time which it is no longer.

- try telling me that 'SEA FOOD IS EVIL' isn't stupid

- because it made sense once upon a time. A time which it is no longer.
Why is GOD'S REAL AND HE MADE THE WORLD any less stupid than SEAFOOD IS EVIL?

Does that mean everything in the Bible is no longer relevant?

For the sake of argument, most of the Old Testament counts as a retarded part, as well as the more outdated parts of the New Testament (like the bits about divorce and such). IMO, Christianity is really better treated as the philosophy of Jesus Christ than as a religion, but w/e. :\

Why is GOD'S REAL AND HE MADE THE WORLD any less stupid than SEAFOOD IS EVIL?

Does that mean everything in the Bible is no longer relevant?

me said:

I am so good, I should write start a fortune telling business

For the sake of argument, most of the Old Testament counts as a retarded part, as well as the more outdated parts of the New Testament (like the bits about divorce and such). Christianity is really better treated as the philosophy of Jesus Christ than as a religion, but w/e. :\
Then why is the Old Testament still taught, recognized, and sold as part of the Holy Bible?

Who are you to decide which parts are no longer relevant, especially of the New Testament?

Back
Top Bottom