• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Religion

Which of these best fits you?

• Theist

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Atheist

Votes: 47 47.5%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 14 14.1%

• Total voters
Athiest... I wasn't even raised a proper religion. I belong to a Unitarian Universalist church (aka religious tolerance for everybody, we go to various different places of worship and study various religions), so eh.

Athiest... I wasn't even raised a proper religion. I belong to a Unitarian Universalist church (aka religious tolerance for everybody, we go to various different places of worship and study various religions), so eh.

That church sounds awesome :D

Anyway, I'm an atheist with an open mind. I don't really believe anything and just stick to science for my explanations of the universe.I really would like to believe something, I'm just too skeptical to actually accept anything as truth. Well, I think I believe in a few things, but... most of them aren't really religion, I think... not sure @@

None of these choices is a religion. :( Also putting "atheist" or "atheism" down on a list of religions isn't technically correct in any case; "none" or "not applicable" would be more accurate.

I'm an atheist. I'm against religion; I care enough to explain why if the subject is brought up but I don't tend to bring up religion to have a go at it out of the blue; I certainly don't without taking present company into account. I'm not fervent enough to toss tact in favor of getting as many chances as I can to explain why religion sucks. I don't care if my super-Christian aunt keeps being Christian unless she starts to push it on me; I'm not going to try and convince her of anything because nobody will gain anything if I do.

I don't specifically dislike religion, technically; I hate any unfounded belief that requires blind faith. Religion is just really widespread and pretty much nobody believes in, say, the easter bunny past age 11 at the most. I like it when people look at what we know to exist or be true, study it, and draw solid conclusions; this is science. Conversely, when people take hazier things and use them as a base for their views of reality, then spread these views, it bothers me.

Last edited:
Agnostic, possibly other.
Pretty much forced to go to church because it drives my parents and more recently the pastor's wife (a massively religious Texan) crazy that I apparently "don't believe in anything".

That's not true.
I do believe in a god, I just believe that after he/she created the universe billions of years ago and shit he/she curled up and died and let everything come together from there.

That's not true.
I do believe in a god, I just believe that after he/she created the universe billions of years ago and shit he/she curled up and died and let everything come together from there.

That's deism.

I have to go to church whenever I'm in Portugal (my grandmother insists we all go because she still pays the priest every month for him to say my grandfather's name, even though he died nine months ago. People in Portugal do this kind of thing a lot) and I don't mind too terribly much because, you know, it makes my gran happy, but I can't imagine how some people actively enjoy going there every week.

Maybe it's just because our priest is senile (and horribly overworked. Three parishes per day, since no young men want to be in the clergy nowadays), but it's so dull and dreary and nonsensical and depressing.
And our benches don't even have cushions or anything so I have a completely wooden ass by the time mass is done.

We do have some decently scandalous and cool church/clergy stories that kind of make up for it. One of our ancestors was a priest and he scored like all the time. Very smart, witty and handsome man, too.
Wrong line of work, I guess.

Total follower of Arceus. Pokéism rules!

Actually:

i consider myself agnostic. at the same time, though, i think it has more to do with not really knowing a lot about either side - theism and atheism - to really know if i believe in god or not. for all i know, i really do believe in a god, i just don't know what to think of him.

Basically describes my thoughts on this.

I believed in the Christian god until I started looking at the world around me and saw what was wrong with us. I thought that a benevolent god worthy of worship would never let it happen. That's when I became an atheist.

Christian. Against good amount of protest from friends, who are mostly either antitheist, strongly atheist, or just don't care/are uncomfortable.

I was gonna go with agnostic but ended up ticking athiest. kinda good to see over half the forum thinks in the same way. <3

*52.63% forum hug*

Back
Top Bottom