• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

New profile posts

wherest :(
My new fakemon region is called Pumoja. P for Pokémon plus Umoja, which is Swahili for unity.
Kung Fu Ferret
Kung Fu Ferret
The starters are named Nyacruta, the plant cub Pokémon, Motovark, the heat snout Pokémon, and Hyppoko, the tiny hippo Pokémon.
Kung Fu Ferret
Kung Fu Ferret
the hypothetical versions will be called 'Garnet' and "Topaz'
it's kind of hilarious how much bullshit you can get past people in irl mafia just by saying a lot of words loudly and fastly and often without even pretending to provide any reasoning behind them whatsoever
Butterfree
Butterfree
Mmm, that may be fun but it's not actually relevant to anything in the game! I'm reluctant to have something in the calculator that doesn't actually represent a real way the game behaves - the only reason I had a custom multiplier was that the actual multipliers were unknown at the time.

If you just want to see what would happen with a hypothetical different formula with different multipliers, you can always simply create an Excel spreadsheet or the like where you can enter custom values into the formula given on the capture mechanics page.
Arya going to make more Pokémon movie reviews or are those permanently finished? There's now way more movies including the lady Mewtwo movie, the one with Hoopa trying to be the Rock, the retelling of the first anime episode, the one with Tarzan, a retelling of the first movie, and one with a festival.
Butterfree
Butterfree
My current project with the revivews is updating them to have better writing and contain some screenshots - I'm working on the Mewtwo Returns one right now, and should move on from there to Legend of Thunder and Origins. After that, though, yeah, I hope to finally move on to the thirteenth movie and onwards.
Reactions: JHG
Making myself laugh reading through old entries in my dream journal
haneko
haneko
what's the weirdest dream you've had murkrow?
Murkrow
Murkrow
@haneko the ones I find most surpirsing is when I have dreams where me in the dream is cleverer than the real me.

In one dream, I was in a Japanese lesson, and the teacher was showing us how to work out the meaning of Kanji based on which radicals make up the character. Having a background in mathematics, I noticed that there was some Group Theory behind it and started working out the meanings of the kanji using maths. Obviously that isn't a thing IRL but the individual bits of reasoning I remember from the dream did make sense (such as 8 and 9 not having prime factors in common, therefore their lowest common multiple must be 8*9 = 72).

Other dreams I have involve jokes that actually make sense. For example I was with a bunch of Hobbits having a party, one of the snacks we had were Mini Cheddars and I said "if we're Hobbits, then these are more like regular-sized cheddars".
haneko
haneko
If only kanji *were* that simple
I think I'd credit this place for encouraging me to learn more about trans issues + how to be supportive of trans rights. I was nominally pro-trans in the past, but didn't give any thoughts until now towards what being trans means to those who are, and how they wish they'd be treated. Hopefully y'all forgive me for any uncomfy things I've posted in the past. These biases unfortunately run deep.

(and this is probably the deepest thing I've ever written on this site lmao)
I was so excited when I found a XenForo add-on for social groups so we could possibly revive the Cult of Eif and that was the moment that I remembered, that XenForo add-ons cost dolla. 😔
I've decided to make a second region alongside Nogland.
Kung Fu Ferret
Kung Fu Ferret
the Inama region will be based on Kenya, and the starters are named Hynyasi Motovark and Majippo!
Kung Fu Ferret
Kung Fu Ferret
Here's a fun fact about the names. They are all portmanteaus of the animal they are based on, and the elemental type they are.
Back
Top Bottom