• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first challenge ^_^

3 vs 3 Single
Set style
DQ time: Standard week
Damage cap: 30%
Banned moves: OHKO, chills, direct healing moves
Arena: Imperial City ruins

The Imperial City used to be teeming with activity. However, with the fall of the Empire, it was quickly weathered down to an almost flat ground. Although it was tall enough to be seen from anywhere in Cyrodiil, even White Gold Tower has been reduced to nothing but dust. The only thing that still stands intact is the Temple Cauldron which is protected by the power of the Divine, Akatosh.

During each round, there is a 20% chance of the Divine, Talos, joining his power with that of Akatosh and causing the Dragonfires to ignite in the cauldron for 5 rounds. Its mysterious energy raises the power of Fire and Dragon type moves by 1.25 times the normal amount. However, the spirit of the flame burns brightly in the hearts of all Pokemon which cancels all effects of the Burn status other than the damage.

The presence of the two Divines suppresses evil, causing all Dark type moves to do only 3/4 of the normal damage. Also, Dark type Support moves have no effect (meaning that Nasty Plot would be useless, but Crunch can still lower your Defense).

Other rules: Pokemon must be either Baby or Basic (e.g. Pichu is Baby, Pikachu is Basic)

My Profile

Once again, I hope I did it right xD

I'll be taking Involuntary Twitch vs. Lil' Dawgie. This is my first reffing, I hope you don't mind. Will be up in uno momento.

3 vs 3 Single
Set style
DQ time: Standard week
Damage cap: 30%
Banned moves: OHKO, chills, direct healing moves
Arena: Imperial City ruins

The Imperial City used to be teeming with activity. However, with the fall of the Empire, it was quickly weathered down to an almost flat ground. Although it was tall enough to be seen from anywhere in Cyrodiil, even White Gold Tower has been reduced to nothing but dust. The only thing that still stands intact is the Temple Cauldron which is protected by the power of the Divine, Akatosh.

During each round, there is a 20% chance of the Divine, Talos, joining his power with that of Akatosh and causing the Dragonfires to ignite in the cauldron for 5 rounds. Its mysterious energy raises the power of Fire and Dragon type moves by 1.25 times the normal amount. However, the spirit of the flame burns brightly in the hearts of all Pokemon which cancels all effects of the Burn status other than the damage.

The presence of the two Divines suppresses evil, causing all Dark type moves to do only 3/4 of the normal damage. Also, Dark type Support moves have no effect (meaning that Nasty Plot would be useless, but Crunch can still lower your Defense).

Other rules: Pokemon must be either Baby or Basic (e.g. Pichu is Baby, Pikachu is Basic)

My Profile

I'll take it!

Interesting field. (profile)

I'll be buying an Electric-type soon, so take that into account if you need to.

GRRRAABBBLXYYYYQ

2vs2 single
DQ Time: Three weeks
Damage Cap: 20%
Banned Moves: Weather Moves, Infatuation, Chills 8/Pokémon
Arena: Someone Else's House- Henesys City

Someone Else's House is a secret area in Henesys City, on Victoria Island. The arena is a plain flat field, with a floating platform hanging around ten feet in the air, above the battlers' heads. All around the circular area are ladders leading up to the floating platform. Pokémon can start on the top or bottom platform, but four-legged Pokémon have no way of getting to the top from the bottom. There is a 5% chance of the Mushmom appearing each round, doing each of the battling Pokémon 20% damage. The Mushmom goes away after attacking, and must appear once during the battle, maximum two times.

Other:

DRAGON MUST BATTLE HERE DAMMIT

I'll accept! :D

Insert profile here.

2vs2 Single
Switch Style
DQ Time: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned/Restricted Moves: Attract/Infatuation-inducing moves, OHKO moves, Chills 6/Pokemon
Arena: Closed Void - Rubix Cube

The arena is sealed off in a 40-foot wide sphere that holds a sort of atmosphere. The sphere is a force field that is approximately 12 feet off of the flat surface of the Rubix Cube inside. During the top of the rotation, the sphere is approximately 6 feet off of the cube. Normal gravity is applicable through all sides of the cube; meaning, you can move normally from any side of the cube to a side that touches. Any Pokémon that makes contact with the force field is flung downwards and onto the cube, dealing 5%-7% damage. On the cube, however, the real fun begins.

The cube is infinitely rotating; at least one section of the cube must be moving at all times. The cube does not move fast enough to knock a decently sized Pokémon off, but light Pokémon (say, around 8 pounds or so; there's a list here) are knocked off easily. However, the cube does move fast enough to disrupt ranged attacks; if the Pokémon is attacking while the cube begins to move (with them standing on the moving part) the attack is disrupted, and it becomes difficult for the attacker to hit the opponent; therefore, the accuracy of the attack is dropped by 10%. The rotating parts of the cube also make for decent defensive shields; when being attacked by a ranged attack, and a part of the cube rotates in front of the attack, the ranged attack is negated as if by Protect. The move Feint strikes through the cube, as do Ghost-type moves, and moves that have an area of effect.

It is impossible to burrow through the cube, so the move Dig is useless. However, it is possible to dig claws, etc. into the cube, so as to get a firm grip. Also, so is the move Dive, as there is no water on the cube. I can't think of any other move restrictions that would apply here, so that's that.

During the battle, there is a chance that the Rubix Cube may solve itself (a 10% chance per round). If that happens, a bright flash of light will emit from the cube, and a countdown will begin. The countdown lasts throughout one round (i.e., 10, 9, 8, etc. through one round). On the round succeeding the countdown, the Rubix Cube will begin to re-jumble itself at an incredible speed. Unless the Pokémon is flying or has a good grip on the cube, all Pokémon that are smaller than heavyweight (defined on the link above) are flung around the arena, taking small damage from contact with the force field and cube (as defined by the ref). All flying Pokémon are susceptible to damage, although if they are quick enough, they can dodge most of the rotations with a little bit of effort (5-15% of energy - the slower it is, the more energy required). Any ground-based Pokémon that succeed in holding onto the cube will not take any damage; however, the spinning caused by the rotations will cause them to get dizzy, and be confused. A Pokémon that is ground-based but does not have any footholds will slide around the cube, flying off if struck by a rotating part. The re-jumbling of the cube only lasts for one round; after that round, the arena returns to normal. The Rubix Cube cannot solve itself more than twice in the whole match.

I'm pretty sure I covered just about everything, but this is my first one ever, so bear with me if the percentages are a little too high/low, or I messed something up. ;D

Additional Rules: I would like for no final evolutions to be used in the match; first-stage and second-stage Pokémon are fine. Pokémon with only one stage (i.e. Absol, Lapras) are okay as well.

Profile Link, and then I'm done.

Last edited:
2vs2 Single
Switch Style
DQ Time: Standard week
Banned/Restricted Moves: Attract/Infatuation-inducing moves, OHKO moves, Chills 6/Pokemon
Arena: Closed Void - Rubix Cube

The arena is sealed off in a 40-foot wide sphere that holds a sort of atmosphere. The sphere is a force field that is approximately 12 feet off of the flat surface of the Rubix Cube inside. During the top of the rotation, the sphere is approximately 6 feet off of the cube. Normal gravity is applicable through all sides of the cube; meaning, you can move normally from any side of the cube to a side that touches. Any Pokémon that makes contact with the force field is flung downwards and onto the cube, dealing 5%-7% damage. On the cube, however, the real fun begins.

The cube is infinitely rotating; at least one section of the cube must be moving at all times. The cube does not move fast enough to knock a decently sized Pokémon off, but light Pokémon (say, around 8 pounds or so; there's a list here) are knocked off easily. However, the cube does move fast enough to disrupt ranged attacks; if the Pokémon is attacking while the cube begins to move (with them standing on the moving part) the attack is disrupted, and it becomes difficult for the attacker to hit the opponent; therefore, the accuracy of the attack is dropped by 10%. The rotating parts of the cube also make for decent defensive shields; when being attacked by a ranged attack, and a part of the cube rotates in front of the attack, the ranged attack is negated as if by Protect. The move Feint strikes through the cube, as do Ghost-type moves, and moves that have an area of effect.

It is impossible to burrow through the cube, so the move Dig is useless. However, it is possible to dig claws, etc. into the cube, so as to get a firm grip. Also, so is the move Dive, as there is no water on the cube. I can't think of any other move restrictions that would apply here, so that's that.

During the battle, there is a chance that the Rubix Cube may solve itself (a 10% chance per round). If that happens, a bright flash of light will emit from the cube, and a countdown will begin. The countdown lasts throughout one round (i.e., 10, 9, 8, etc. through one round). On the round succeeding the countdown, the Rubix Cube will begin to re-jumble itself at an incredible speed. Unless the Pokémon is flying or has a good grip on the cube, all Pokémon that are smaller than heavyweight (defined on the link above) are flung around the arena, taking small damage from contact with the force field and cube (as defined by the ref). All flying Pokémon are susceptible to damage, although if they are quick enough, they can dodge most of the rotations with a little bit of effort (5-15% of energy - the slower it is, the more energy required). Any ground-based Pokémon that succeed in holding onto the cube will not take any damage; however, the spinning caused by the rotations will cause them to get dizzy, and be confused. A Pokémon that is ground-based but does not have any footholds will slide around the cube, flying off if struck by a rotating part. The re-jumbling of the cube only lasts for one round; after that round, the arena returns to normal. The Rubix Cube cannot solve itself more than twice in the whole match.

I'm pretty sure I covered just about everything, but this is my first one ever, so bear with me if the percentages are a little too high/low, or I messed something up. ;D

Additional Rules: I would like for no final evolutions to be used in the match; first-stage and second-stage Pokémon are fine. Pokémon with only one stage (i.e. Absol, Lapras) are okay as well.

Profile Link, and then I'm done.

I'll accept!

My profile

1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: OHKO's,Attract, chills limited to 5/pokémon
Arena: Ais Town Battle Field

Ais Town, is a small town where most trainers go to relax, there is a spa to the north.
A Plain and Simple Field, there is a white granite pokeball set into the ground in the center of the field. the field is mostly dirt, due to the multiple battles that have taken place recently.

Every 10 turns there is a chance that another trainers move may accidentally hit all pokemon

1-99% chance of nothing
1% chance, all pokemon are hit by a mis-aimed Hyper Beam.
Other: 1v1 Zangoose V.s. Phanpy

FOR ASTRAL

Profile in Sig

1vs1 single
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: OHKO's,Attract, chills limited to 5/pokémon

Ais Town, is a small town where most trainers go to relax, there is a spa to the north.
A Plain and Simple Field, there is a white granite pokeball set into the ground in the center of the field. the field is mostly dirt, due to the multiple battles that have taken place recently.

Every 10 turns there is a chance that another trainers move may accidentally hit all pokemon

1-99% chance of nothing
Other: 1v1 Zangoose V.s. Phanpy

FOR ASTRAL

Profile in Sig

*accepts*

Here's my profile, and here's Mehwmew's in case anyone has their signatures turned off. :D

1vs1 single
DQ: Let's get creative - 4 days
Damage Cap: 50% (oh god what)
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/Pokémon

Arena: The Little Daycare of Horrors

The arena is in the centre of Sinnoh's daycare, after the old couple running it have retired and handed control to their grandson. He has set up the arena just so the Pokemon there can practise fighting.

It is just a large pokeball-shaped mark painted on flat, soft clay, and surrounded by grass. A few paces away is a large river, and on the other side the start of a forest. There are a few large rocks scattered around the outskirts near the river.

But there is a change (25% chance a round - he appears on the 2nd action) every round that a massive Salamence will poke his head out of the forest and shriek at the battlers to shut the hell up, dammit, acting as an Intimidate. Otherwise, it's a nice place.

PROOFILE

Come on guys fiiight me~

1vs1 single
DQ: Let's get creative - 4 days
Damage Cap: 50% (oh god what)
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/Pokémon

Arena: The Little Daycare of Horrors

The arena is in the centre of Sinnoh's daycare, after the old couple running it have retired and handed control to their grandson. He has set up the arena just so the Pokemon there can practise fighting.

It is just a large pokeball-shaped mark painted on flat, soft clay, and surrounded by grass. A few paces away is a large river, and on the other side the start of a forest. There are a few large rocks scattered around the outskirts near the river.

But there is a change (25% chance a round - he appears on the 2nd action) every round that a massive Salamence will poke his head out of the forest and shriek at the battlers to shut the hell up, dammit, acting as an Intimidate. Otherwise, it's a nice place.

PROOFILE

Come on guys fiiight me~

I'll take it.

Profile.

Last edited:
1vs1 single
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's,Attract, chills limited to 3/pokémon

Every 2 turns there is a chance that another trainers move may accidentally hit all pokemon

1-95%chance of nothing
4% chance, random pokemon ( decided by flip of a coin since there is only 2) is hurt by either a Hydro Pump or a Thunder (accuracy and evasion ignored) (flip a coin again)
Other: none (need to get in a battle for my first time)

Last edited:
1vs1 single
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's,Attract, chills limited to 3/pokémon

Every 2 turns there is a chance that another trainers move may accidentally hit all pokemon

1-95%chance of nothing
4% chance, random pokemon ( decided by flip of a coin since there is only 2) is hurt by either a Hydro Pump or a Thunder (accuracy and evasion ignored) (flip a coin again)
Other: none (need to get in a battle for my first time)

I'll take.

Last edited:
2 Vs 2
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct Healing, Chills

Arena: Doubleland. (So no the one that Animorph used...)

A pure, white, completely flat void. When needed, the sun will appear, or water, or ice, or sand, or rocks, or anything else needed for moves. However, in the ground, there is a massive "x2" painted in black.

In this arena, everything goes for double. Double damage, double energy. Effects of moves, such as status effects, remain the same though, although poison and burn will still do twice as much damage as usual.

A nice fast battle (note to refs: battles on this arena go way quickly ... you only need to do a few reffings)

Profile Power!

2 Vs 2
DQ: 3 days
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct Healing, Chills

Arena: Doubleland. (So no the one that Animorph used...)

A pure, white, completely flat void. When needed, the sun will appear, or water, or ice, or sand, or rocks, or anything else needed for moves. However, in the ground, there is a massive "x2" painted in black.

In this arena, everything goes for double. Double damage, double energy. Effects of moves, such as status effects, remain the same though, although poison and burn will still do twice as much damage as usual.

A nice fast battle (note to refs: battles on this arena go way quickly ... you only need to do a few reffings)

Profile Power!

Ah, sounds like a fun arena.
meet ur d00m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom