• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hehhheeh.

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Three weeks
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO, Fly, Earthquake, and Surf.
Arena: The top of an airplane.

Although the inside of the plane is dry and cozy, the outside of said plane is the polar opposite. Harsh winds blows, powering up Flying-type moves by 3%. However, Fly isn't recommended to be used here, as the winds would blow even your strongest Pokemon away. At the high height the plane is traveling at, every five turns for two turns, a random weather condition appears:

Rain: Water type moves are powered by 3%, while Fire type, Ground type, and Rock type-moves are decreased in power by 2%.

Fog: Accuracy of all moves except Weather Ball and moves that never miss (i.e., Aerial Ace, Shock Wave) are cut by 2%.

Hail: Excluding the Pokemon with the abilities Ice Body and Snow Cloak, , all non-Ice type Pokemon will sustain 2% damage.

Other: Rock types/Pokemon heavier than 400lb would weigh down the plane, so not allowed.

OH GOD that thing's back

Hehhheeh.

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: Three weeks
Banned Moves: OHKO, Fly, Earthquake, and Surf.
Arena: The top of an airplane.

Although the inside of the plane is dry and cozy, the outside of said plane is the polar opposite. Harsh winds blows, powering up Flying-type moves by 3%. However, Fly isn't recommended to be used here, as the winds would blow even your strongest Pokemon away. At the high height the plane is traveling at, every five turns for two turns, a random weather condition appears:

Rain: Water type moves are powered by 3%, while Fire type, Ground type, and Rock type-moves are decreased in power by 2%.

Fog: Accuracy of all moves except Weather Ball and moves that never miss (i.e., Aerial Ace, Shock Wave) are cut by 2%.

Hail: Excluding the Pokemon with the abilities Ice Body and Snow Cloak, , all non-Ice type Pokemon will sustain 2% damage.

Other: Rock types/Pokemon heavier than 400lb would weigh down the plane, so not allowed.

OH GOD that thing's back

Ooh...I'll give this a go!

Kickus-buttus-maximus!

Challenge for Moon-Panther
3 Vs. 3 Single
Stlye: Set
DQ:2 Weeks
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Dig, Fly, Dive
Arena: The roof of the Overlord's Dark Tower.

There are great spikes on the north, south, east and west sides of the round roof. It's level with the high peaks in the distance, about 5,000 feet high, so there's a 20% chance of Wind Currents presenting a "problem" each round. Flying types are at a mobile disadvantage, and so lose 30% of their speed. Occasionally, the Overlord's Minions will crawl up and try to interfere. They do 5% damage to both Pokemon in Play for every turn. Only wind currents get rid of them. They come fifteen at a time. If you're really unlucky, the Overlord himself will show up.

Other: There's a 20% chance of minions showing up per round. Only one group at a time. There's a 1% chance of the Overlord Showing. He does 20% to both Pokemon. Here's the minions, the Overlord and part of the tower.

Profile of death-IMEANPUPPIES.

Challenge for Moon-Panther
3 Vs. 3 Single
Stlye: Set
DQ:2 Weeks
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Dig, Fly, Dive
Arena: The roof of the Overlord's Dark Tower.

There are great spikes on the north, south, east and west sides of the round roof. It's level with the high peaks in the distance, about 5,000 feet high, so there's a 20% chance of Wind Currents presenting a "problem" each round. Flying types are at a mobile disadvantage, and so lose 30% of their speed. Occasionally, the Overlord's Minions will crawl up and try to interfere. They do 5% damage to both Pokemon in Play for every turn. Only wind currents get rid of them. They come fifteen at a time. If you're really unlucky, the Overlord himself will show up.

Other: There's a 20% chance of minions showing up per round. Only one group at a time. There's a 1% chance of the Overlord Showing. He does 20% to both Pokemon. Here's the minions, the Overlord and part of the tower.

Profile of death-IMEANPUPPIES.

I accept your challenge. Prepare for your doom.

Mehwmew said:
1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's,Attract, chills limited to 3/pokémon
Arena: Ais Town Battle Field

Ais Town, is a small town where most trainers go to relax, there is a spa to the north.
A Plain and Simple Field, there is a white granite pokeball set into the ground in the center of the field. the field is mostly dirt, due to the multiple battles that have taken place recently.

Every 2 turns there is a chance that another trainers move may accidentally hit all pokemon

1-95%chance of nothing
1% chance, all pokemon are hit by a mis-aimed Hyper Beam.
4% chance, random pokemon ( decided by flip of a coin since there is only 2) is hurt by either a Hydro Pump or a Thunder (accuracy and evasion ignored) (flip a coin again)
Other: none (need to get in a battle for my first time)
I'll take.

Mehwmew's prof if anyone has sigs turned off.

Oh and we need a ref, our battle isn't on the second post.

YAY! First Battle (Here anyway)

Battle Format: 1 vs. 1

2. Battle Style: Set

3. DQ Time: 10 Days

4. Damage Cap: 50%

5. Banned and Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Direct Recovery Moves, Weather Moves, Fly and Dig, Chills limited to 3 per Pokemon

6. Arena Description: Analog Clock

The Pokemon fight inside a giant clock. The First person that gets to send out can choose to either position their Pokemon on the Hour Hand or the Minute Hand. The minute hand moves in a clockwise motion, after every action it will move to the next minute position on the clock. The Hour Hand will move very slowly, so the Pokemon won't notice. The Second Hand is the only real hazard on the stage. It will travel all the way around theclock each turn. If a Pokemon gets hit by it they will lose 2% health. Somehow a pool of water has ended up above the bottom rim of the clock so Pokemon needing water can still battle (trainers can also order their Pokemon to start here at the beginning of the battle). However there is not enough water to use moves like Surf.

7. Additional Rules: No Pokemon over 5 feet tall or 100 lbs.

8. Profile Link: Here

YAY! First Battle (Here anyway)

Battle Format: 1 vs. 1

2. Battle Style: Set

3. DQ Time: 10 Days

4. Damage Cap: 50%

5. Banned and Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Direct Recovery Moves, Weather Moves, Fly and Dig, Chills limited to 3 per Pokemon

6. Arena Description: Analog Clock

The Pokemon fight inside a giant clock. The First person that gets to send out can choose to either position their Pokemon on the Hour Hand or the Minute Hand. The minute hand moves in a clockwise motion, after every action it will move to the next minute position on the clock. The Hour Hand will move very slowly, so the Pokemon won't notice. The Second Hand is the only real hazard on the stage. It will travel all the way around theclock each turn. If a Pokemon gets hit by it they will lose 2% health. Somehow a pool of water has ended up above the bottom rim of the clock so Pokemon needing water can still battle (trainers can also order their Pokemon to start here at the beginning of the battle). However there is not enough water to use moves like Surf.

7. Additional Rules: No Pokemon over 5 feet tall or 100 lbs.

8. Profile Link: Here

I accept your challenge. =]

Profile.

1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: Let's get creative - 4 days
Damage Cap: 50% (oh god what)
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/Pokémon

Arena: The Little Daycare of Horrors

The arena is in the centre of Sinnoh's daycare, after the old couple running it have retired and handed control to their grandson. He has set up the arena just so the Pokemon there can practise fighting.

It is just a large pokeball-shaped mark painted on flat, soft clay, and surrounded by grass. A few paces away is a large river, and on the other side the start of a forest. There are a few large rocks scattered around the outskirts near the river.

But there is a change (25% chance a round - he appears on the 2nd action) every round that a massive Salamence will poke his head out of the forest and shriek at the battlers to shut the hell up, dammit, acting as an Intimidate. Otherwise, it's a nice place.

PROOFILE

Come on guys fiiight me~
I'll take it.

Profile.

...You know what. I'll ref this. I'll get a reffing up when I return to my home sweet home. On Friday, which is in *checks watch* 4-5 days. This should be fun and quick.

I guess I can take this for a first reffing? :3 Tell me if I screw anything up, and I'll get the thread up in ten minutes or so, once I take care of some.. stuff.

CHALLENGING KAI​

3 vs. 3 Single
Switch Enabled
(Switching one Pokemon to the other will not count as a KO)
(A pokemon may be switched out once every 2 rounds)
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, weather moves
Arena: Haunted Cemetary

It is a dark and gloomy setting. The full moon lights the dark sky and shines it's rays on the tomb stones. Many of the stones are damaged and none are fresh. The markings are old and withered away and out of some rise ghosts. There are small pools of water stretched out from rain but its thick and green like marsh muk making it hard to swim in. The air is cold but still and they ground is grassy and full of small pebbles. The souls that linger in the cemetary yearn for the thrill of battle and can temporarily fuse themslves with an active Pokemon before they pass into the light.

-Stones from the graves can be used for rock based attacks such as Rock throw, etc.
->When this happens, there is a 10% chance that the soul of the grave will possess its victim. If the Pokemon is possessed than...
It can only use Faint Attack, Astonish, Flash and Night Shade
It will be possessed for a 1 Round/ 3 actions
It will return to normal after the 1 Round/ 3 actions but its Health and Energy of while it was possessed will remain

Water Type moves are reduced by 1/4 their total damage due to the strange pool of water they have to use as a resource unless the Water can come naturally like Water Gun (out the mouth).
I'm reffing this.

Eeee.. Lot's of challenges I know but I really wanted to try, a team battle~ :D So I'm proposing as I team up with Skymin, getting a good old team match doubles going~

6 vs 6 Doubles (3 Pokemon per person, one out from each at a time)
Switch
DQ: One week should do~
Banned Moves and Rules: 1 Direct Healing Move per TRAINER (If they heal with one pokemon, they may NOT with their other! ), OHKO moves, Earthquake
Arena: Bubble Man Stage ((Cue Intro Music!~ =D))
I'm Bubble Man~ I am longing for the sun~ Bubble, Bubble Man~ I live an ordinary life~
Poor Bubble Man~ >= But I digress~ Aah water stages. Fish, wonky physics, and gratuitous amounts of death-spikes. A place typically reserved for super-funky robots from the year 2010, but where -won't- adventurous trainers these days rock up for a battle?

Water, lots of water. Water types will love the environment - but that's not saying there isn't a place for everyone. The stage consists of one large floating platform in front of a waterfall - it's a bit slick, but even a fire type should be able to.. survive. Of course, that's not recommended. Below is a giant pool of water, of course, and a good push could leave anyone in the drink. It's possible to get back up on the stage - but doing so takes a turn. Water types, however, may use the likes of Waterfall, Aqua Jet, or other means of aquatic propulsion to make their way back up while still attacking.

In addition, every round there is a 10% chance of a giant robot frog spawning itself right from the nearby waterfall. These frogs will immediately spew their tiny spawn onto the stage, 3 at a time. (Spawning 3 more when the previous 3 perish.) These frogs will attack whomever is conveniently close by once per turn (One will attack per 3 turns in around. If less than 3 remain, an attack only occurs for the number of turns corresponding with how many are left) with an attack of 50% accuracy that deals 3% Neutral-Element damage. The tiny frogs have a meager 1% HP, and will be destroyed by any attack - but it will still take a turn to attack them! The mother frog counts as a water-type (As far as weaknesses and resistances) and has a relative 25% HP amount. (A quarter as durable as a full-health Pokemon) When she is destroyed, her frogs remain! So be warned.

Of course underneath is a whole new animal. The gigantic pool of water would be a haven for aquatic Pokemon - if not for the hazards littering it. The walls are lined with dangerous spikes, which if touched could cause serious damage. Pokemon must be careful to not be pushed into these! They will deal 10% Neutral-Element damage if touched. Non-water-type Pokemon may remain underwater for up to 3 turns before coming up for air, however - an air leak from the floor will produce a stream of gigantic bubbles that float lazily to the surface. By using an action to gather the air of one of these bubbles, they may stay underwater for another 3 turns. (This does not stack, you can never spend more than 3 turns underwater without getting air at a time.) In addition, for Pokemon's safety and wellbeing - it is banned to hold a Pokemon under water with the intent of drowning them. But if a Pokemon remains under water on it's own will for longer than 3 turns without getting air, it will receive 10% damage per turn until it does or faints and must be recalled immediately! So be careful.

Finally, at the bottom of this deep pool of water, a Deep Anglerfish sits. This durable seafloor bound robot fish will continually spawn robotic prawns called Squirts once per round, up to 3 at a time. These shrimp-bots have a 15% HP rating and count as water types again, and function with attacks the same way as mini-frogs dealing 8% Neutral-Element damage per successful hit. (50% accuracy) The Anglerfish itself has a whole 100% HP, and counts as a Water/Electric type (Making GRASS and GROUND it's only weaknesses). Once destroyed, it will never respawn, and all of it's Squirts will be destroyed along with it.

Notes:
- Frogs will only attack Pokemon currently on the platform
- Squirts will only attack Pokemon currently in the water
- Being robots, Frogs, Squirts and the Deep Angler are immune to status-type moves such as Toxic or Leech Seed. They may only be harmed by direct-damage moves. HP-Draining moves such as Absorb will deal damage, but not restore health.
- It is possible to knock Pokemon off the platform, and into the spikes under water using certain moves. (Up to the ref to judge)
- At any time a Pokemon may take a turn to move into the water from the platform, or back up from the water. Certain water moves (Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Surf, Etcetera) may be used to move and attack at the same time
- Water is of abundance here, as such water moves will take 1% less energy to use. Fire moves take 1% more and do not function under water

Theeeeere we are. =D Hope that's not TOO too complicated because dear GODS did a ramble. But who's up for it, one brave team to brave a pair of Megaman Fangirls on their home turf~ x3

Edit: Forgot my profile link, Derp~

Last edited:
Eeee.. Lot's of challenges I know but I really wanted to try, a team battle~ :D So I'm proposing as I team up with Skymin, getting a good old team match doubles going~

Switch
Banned Moves and Rules: 1 Direct Healing Move per TRAINER (If they heal with one pokemon, they may NOT with their other! ), OHKO moves, Earthquake
I'm Bubble Man~ I am longing for the sun~ Bubble, Bubble Man~ I live an ordinary life~
Poor Bubble Man~ >= But I digress~ Aah water stages. Fish, wonky physics, and gratuitous amounts of death-spikes. A place typically reserved for super-funky robots from the year 2010, but where -won't- adventurous trainers these days rock up for a battle?

Water, lots of water. Water types will love the environment - but that's not saying there isn't a place for everyone. The stage consists of one large floating platform in front of a waterfall - it's a bit slick, but even a fire type should be able to.. survive. Of course, that's not recommended. Below is a giant pool of water, of course, and a good push could leave anyone in the drink. It's possible to get back up on the stage - but doing so takes a turn. Water types, however, may use the likes of Waterfall, Aqua Jet, or other means of aquatic propulsion to make their way back up while still attacking.

In addition, every round there is a 10% chance of a giant robot frog spawning itself right from the nearby waterfall. These frogs will immediately spew their tiny spawn onto the stage, 3 at a time. (Spawning 3 more when the previous 3 perish.) These frogs will attack whomever is conveniently close by once per turn (One will attack per 3 turns in around. If less than 3 remain, an attack only occurs for the number of turns corresponding with how many are left) with an attack of 50% accuracy that deals 3% Neutral-Element damage. The tiny frogs have a meager 1% HP, and will be destroyed by any attack - but it will still take a turn to attack them! The mother frog counts as a water-type (As far as weaknesses and resistances) and has a relative 25% HP amount. (A quarter as durable as a full-health Pokemon) When she is destroyed, her frogs remain! So be warned.

Of course underneath is a whole new animal. The gigantic pool of water would be a haven for aquatic Pokemon - if not for the hazards littering it. The walls are lined with dangerous spikes, which if touched could cause serious damage. Pokemon must be careful to not be pushed into these! They will deal 10% Neutral-Element damage if touched. Non-water-type Pokemon may remain underwater for up to 3 turns before coming up for air, however - an air leak from the floor will produce a stream of gigantic bubbles that float lazily to the surface. By using an action to gather the air of one of these bubbles, they may stay underwater for another 3 turns. (This does not stack, you can never spend more than 3 turns underwater without getting air at a time.) In addition, for Pokemon's safety and wellbeing - it is banned to hold a Pokemon under water with the intent of drowning them. But if a Pokemon remains under water on it's own will for longer than 3 turns without getting air, it will receive 10% damage per turn until it does or faints and must be recalled immediately! So be careful.

Finally, at the bottom of this deep pool of water, a Deep Anglerfish sits. This durable seafloor bound robot fish will continually spawn robotic prawns called Squirts once per round, up to 3 at a time. These shrimp-bots have a 15% HP rating and count as water types again, and function with attacks the same way as mini-frogs dealing 8% Neutral-Element damage per successful hit. (50% accuracy) The Anglerfish itself has a whole 100% HP, and counts as a Water/Electric type (Making GRASS and GROUND it's only weaknesses). Once destroyed, it will never respawn, and all of it's Squirts will be destroyed along with it.

Notes:
- Being robots, Frogs, Squirts and the Deep Angler are immune to status-type moves such as Toxic or Leech Seed. They may only be harmed by direct-damage moves. HP-Draining moves such as Absorb will deal damage, but not restore health.
- It is possible to knock Pokemon off the platform, and into the spikes under water using certain moves. (Up to the ref to judge)
- At any time a Pokemon may take a turn to move into the water from the platform, or back up from the water. Certain water moves (Aqua Jet, Waterfall, Surf, Etcetera) may be used to move and attack at the same time
- Water is of abundance here, as such water moves will take 1% less energy to use. Fire moves take 1% more and do not function under water

Theeeeere we are. =D Hope that's not TOO too complicated because dear GODS did a ramble. But who's up for it, one brave team to brave a pair of Megaman Fangirls on their home turf~ x3

I feel so way over the top, but taking the other side.

Here we go.

Last edited:

Switch

Notes:

I will take your side in battle! >:D

YOU GOT: SKYMIN'S PROFILE

1v1 single
1 week DQ
Banned moves: see arena description
Restricted moves: Chill (2 per Pokémon), direct-healing moves (1 per Pokémon)
Banned Pokémon: see arena description

Arena: The Castle Oubliette

The oubliette is a tiny, cramped room sunk into the floor, buried far beneath the castle's foundations. It's about six feet wide, eight feet long and eight feet high, so only small- to medium-sized Pokémon can fit inside. The entire room is made of heavy, indestructible stone--none of it can be dislodged or moved for things like Rock Slide or Dig, and there's nothing to shake if Earthquake is used. There is also no water or sand or anything like that available for use in moves like Surf or Sand Tomb, and all weather moves will fail because the sky is completely inaccessible. There are no doors or windows, the only way in and out being the long, slick and narrow tunnel leading up about 30 feet up to the dungeon above. (And the reinforced steel trap door is locked from the outside.) The only light comes from a single torch, flickering weakly in the room's north wall; the arena is quite dim already, so I would advise against putting it out unless you want to risk bumping into stone walls in total darkness.

And good luck dodging attacks, flying around or building up speed--the tight, uncomfortable space makes anything more than hopping around and swinging some moderate punches understandably difficult. Anything larger than a Pichu is going to need to rethink the range and execution of many its attacks. Only one way in, no way out and no room to run away... can you survive a battle in the oubliette with your sanity intact?

3vs3 Single Battle
1 Week
Banned Moves: Protect, Detect

Arena: Haunted Workshop
In daylight, this workshop seems no different than any other, besides being significantly bigger (a little bit larger than a regular battling arena) and somewhat broken down. It has shabby wooden walls, a slowly degrading concrete base, and some cracked glass windows. At night however, strange things have been heard coming from the inside. If one were to peek inside, they would see tools, half finished projects, and electronic devices going berserk. The ghosts causing the trouble may even tamper with the structure itself. If a Pokemon battle were ever to take place, the competitors would have to constantly watch their backs. The generally spooky atmosphere makes all Pokemon somewhat uneasy

A battle here is fairly typical when things are quiet. It's night time however, and the darkness lowers accuracy by 5%
Every round, there is a chance of one of 5 things happening.

25% chance that nothing will occur

20% chance of the tools (hammers, saws, drills, and wrenches) coming to life and slamming into both competitors for 3% Steel type damage.

20% chance of the electrical sockets and other electrical devices (loose wires, motors, and power strips) powering up and randomly discharging energy that will shock one of the competitors for 3% Electric type damage

20% chance that the wooden projects (small chairs, stools, and tables) smacking around both of the Pokemon for 3% Normal type damage.

15% chance that the roof, walls, windows, and base might cave in, with the pieces crashing into competitors for 15% typeless damage. There is also a 40% chance that one or both competitors will become pinned underneath the rubble.

Other: No Pokemon requiring a source of water to stay in battle.
-Profile-

Last edited:
1v1 single
1 week DQ
Banned moves: see arena description
Restricted moves: Chill (2 per Pokémon), direct-healing moves (1 per Pokémon)
Banned Pokémon: see arena description

Arena: The Castle Oubliette

The oubliette is a tiny, cramped room sunk into the floor, buried far beneath the castle's foundations. It's about six feet wide, eight feet long and eight feet high, so only small- to medium-sized Pokémon can fit inside. The entire room is made of heavy, indestructible stone--none of it can be dislodged or moved for things like Rock Slide or Dig, and there's nothing to shake if Earthquake is used. There is also no water or sand or anything like that available for use in moves like Surf or Sand Tomb, and all weather moves will fail because the sky is completely inaccessible. There are no doors or windows, the only way in and out being the long, slick and narrow tunnel leading up about 30 feet up to the dungeon above. (And the reinforced steel trap door is locked from the outside.) The only light comes from a single torch, flickering weakly in the room's north wall; the arena is quite dim already, so I would advise against putting it out unless you want to risk bumping into stone walls in total darkness.

And good luck dodging attacks, flying around or building up speed--the tight, uncomfortable space makes anything more than hopping around and swinging some moderate punches understandably difficult. Anything larger than a Pichu is going to need to rethink the range and execution of many its attacks. Only one way in, no way out and no room to run away... can you survive a battle in the oubliette with your sanity intact?

Rematch!

2vs2, Single.
Switch style.
One week DQ.
Banned Moves: OHKO, Recovery moves.

Arena Description: Picture rolling sand dunes, the black gritty specks sticking to wet feet. Grass tussocks grow feverishly at random. The swells of the dark and haunting blue sea roll and crash onto the black sand, darkening the colours. Surprisingly though, the sun's out and shining it's way through nothing but the air. The air. The wind. The slashing wind. The only thing that keeps this day from being perfect. Typical New Zealand weather. The wind picks up the water, smashing and slicing through the air. The wind also picks up the black sand sometimes too. Yippee. A 45% chance of being hit by flying black sand with a damage of 3% to all types besides ground type Pokes.

Additional Rules: Water Pokemon can be used but when in the water, there is a 45% chance of being thrown out of the water by the swells and onto the land, where any Water Pokemon that cannot be on land are immobilized until recalled or, with some sort of hopping technique, get back into the water.

Profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom