• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
2vs2, Single.
Switch style.
One week DQ.
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO, Recovery moves.

Arena Description: Picture rolling sand dunes, the black gritty specks sticking to wet feet. Grass tussocks grow feverishly at random. The swells of the dark and haunting blue sea roll and crash onto the black sand, darkening the colours. Surprisingly though, the sun's out and shining it's way through nothing but the air. The air. The wind. The slashing wind. The only thing that keeps this day from being perfect. Typical New Zealand weather. The wind picks up the water, smashing and slicing through the air. The wind also picks up the black sand sometimes too. Yippee. A 45% chance of being hit by flying black sand with a damage of 3% to all types besides ground type Pokes.

Additional Rules: Water Pokemon can be used but when in the water, there is a 45% chance of being thrown out of the water by the swells and onto the land, where any Water Pokemon that cannot be on land are immobilized until recalled or, with some sort of hopping technique, get back into the water.

Profile.

I gratefully accept.

Last edited:
You must include a link to your profile post and the link to the profile in the post of the person who made the challenge. Use the actual quote button instead of the quote code.

3vs3 Single Battle
1 Week
Banned Moves: Protect, Detect

Arena: Haunted Workshop
In daylight, this workshop seems no different than any other, besides being significantly bigger (a little bit larger than a regular battling arena) and somewhat broken down. It has shabby wooden walls, a slowly degrading concrete base, and some cracked glass windows. At night however, strange things have been heard coming from the inside. If one were to peek inside, they would see tools, half finished projects, and electronic devices going berserk. The ghosts causing the trouble may even tamper with the structure itself. If a Pokemon battle were ever to take place, the competitors would have to constantly watch their backs. The generally spooky atmosphere makes all Pokemon somewhat uneasy

A battle here is fairly typical when things are quiet. It's night time however, and the darkness lowers accuracy by 5%
Every round, there is a chance of one of 5 things happening.

25% chance that nothing will occur

20% chance of the tools (hammers, saws, drills, and wrenches) coming to life and slamming into both competitors for 3% Steel type damage.

20% chance of the electrical sockets and other electrical devices (loose wires, motors, and power strips) powering up and randomly discharging energy that will shock one of the competitors for 3% Electric type damage

20% chance that the wooden projects (small chairs, stools, and tables) smacking around both of the Pokemon for 3% Normal type damage.

15% chance that the roof, walls, windows, and base might cave in, with the pieces crashing into competitors for 15% typeless damage. There is also a 40% chance that one or both competitors will become pinned underneath the rubble.

Other: No Pokemon requiring a source of water to stay in battle.
-Profile-
I'll accept this challenge!

My profile

CHALLENGE TO RANDOMTYPHOON

3 vs. 3 single
Battle type: Switch
DQ Time: 3 days
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Damage cap: 40%

Arena: Weather Machine

Well, it's not really a weather machine.

The stage itself is simple: Earth. The ground is firm but Pokemon can easily use dig and such moves. There is a pond near that is easily accessible to aquatic Pokemon,

The magic in this stage, however, is the weather. After every two turns, the weather will change between very sunny, raining, hailing, and, somehow, sandstorm.

Any Pokemon is allowed, but be wary of the weather's effects. This one should be fun to ref, also.

CHALLENGE TO RANDOMTYPHOON

3 vs. 3 single
Battle type: Switch
DQ Time: 3 days
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Damage cap: 40%

Arena: Weather Machine

Well, it's not really a weather machine.

The stage itself is simple: Earth. The ground is firm but Pokemon can easily use dig and such moves. There is a pond near that is easily accessible to aquatic Pokemon,

The magic in this stage, however, is the weather. After every two turns, the weather will change between very sunny, raining, hailing, and, somehow, sandstorm.

Any Pokemon is allowed, but be wary of the weather's effects. This one should be fun to ref, also.

Accepting

Bring it on, beech-*shot*

CHALLENGING SCYTHER

2v2 Switch
Banned Moves: OHKO's
DQ: hmm-let's go with a week.
Damage Cap: 45%

Arena- The Record Bakery

Well, The Record Bakery is aiming to break a world record (unsurprisingly), so all around the arena room are plates and plates of pastries. There is a 10% chance that a Pokemon will be tempted out of attacking by all of those delicious pastries, and a 5% chance that a pokemon will bump into a table, spilling pastries. When pastries are spilled, the store owner will come out, shake a fist, and throw a rock at a random pokemon, dealing 5% damage.

Fire pokemon will have a +2 attack, since the room is filled with steaming hot pastries, and hey, the oven's next door.

Last edited:
CHALLENGING SCYTHER

2v2 Switch
DQ: hmm-let's go with 10 days

Arena- The Record Bakery

Well, The Record Bakery is aiming to break a world record (unsurprisingly), so all around the arena room are plates and plates of pastries. There is a 10% chance that a Pokemon will be tempted out of attacking by all of those delicious pastries, and a 5% chance that a pokemon will bump into a table, spilling pastries. When pastries are spilled, the store owner will come out, shake a fist, and throw a rock at a random pokemon, dealing 5% damage.

Fire pokemon will have a +2 attack, since the room is filled with steaming hot pastries, and hey, the oven's next door.

Meh. I'll take it. But the DQ time should be muuuuch shorter.

Sure, why not. The only reason I have a problem is that my dad doesn't like me on these forums and I'm only in Florida with my mom for so long~~

2v2, Singles
Banned Moves: Evasion moves
DQ: 4 days
Damage Cap: 60%
Other: OHKO moves' accuracy is lowered to 10%, super effective moves are restricted to four per Pokemon

Arena: Morphing Field

This arena can transform into:

1. A jungle
2. A beachfront
3. An open-topped steel factory
4. An abandoned boat at sea

Each arena has a 1 in 4 chance of the field being changed to after each round, and, if the RNG says so, it can even stay as the same arena.

Profile: http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=83098&postcount=41

2vs2 Single
Banned Moves: OHKOs,
DQ: 5 days

Arena: Somewhere in Orokos

This is.. a very odd battlefield. The battlers start on a kind of raised platform in the middle of a dark city, the platform being about about twenty feet across horizontally and vertically. There are no special effects until after the second round.. and someone turns on the Chaos Engine, somewhere far away. After that, anything is possible, battlers may suddenly evolve or devolve (not permanently), the arena might turn into a pool of fire, flocks of flying cows might crap on the stage, key phrase being anything is possible.

However, none of these effects last more than a round. The referee has the code to the Chaos Engine for this match, so he or she completely controls what happens to the Pokemon or the stage.

Other: Storm Thief!

Look what reading Storm Thief did now I'm abusing this stage :3

Last edited:
2vs2 Single
Banned Moves: OHKOs,
DQ: 5 days

Arena: Somewhere in Orokos

This is.. a very odd battlefield. The battlers start on a kind of raised platform in the middle of a dark city, the platform being about about twenty feet across horizontally and vertically. There are no special effects until after the second round.. and someone turns on the Chaos Engine, somewhere far away. After that, anything is possible, battlers may suddenly evolve or devolve (not permanently), the arena might turn into a pool of fire, flocks of flying cows might crap on the stage, key phrase being anything is possible[/s].

However, none of these effects last more than a round. The referee has the code to the Chaos Engine for this match, so he or she completely controls what happens to the Pokemon or the stage.

Other: Storm Thief!

Look what reading Storm Thief did now I'm abusing this stage :3

Good scott o: I'M IN!

2v2, Singles
Banned Moves: Evasion moves
DQ: 4 days
Damage Cap: 60%
Other: OHKO moves' accuracy is lowered to 10%, super effective moves are restricted to four per Pokemon

Arena: Morphing Field

This arena can transform into:

1. A jungle
2. A beachfront
3. An open-topped steel factory
4. An abandoned boat at sea

Each arena has a 1 in 4 chance of the field being changed to after each round, and, if the RNG says so, it can even stay as the same arena.

Profile: http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=83098&postcount=41

Accepting challenge, but one question. When you say that super-effective moves are limited to four per Pokémon, do you mean that they can only choose four SE moves and must stick to them, or that any one Pokémon is only allowed to make a total of four SE hits?

And Negrek, it'd be super-awesome if you could add me vs. Grass King (previous page) to the list of challenges awaiting a ref.

2v2 Single
Battle Style:Switch
DQ time: 1 week
Damage Cap:40%
Banned Moves:OHKO's, Chills limited to 5/pokemon
Arena:Cerulean City Gym

Due to lack of strong challengers at the present time, Cerulean City has decided to allow battles to take place inside for entertainment for Misty. The gym is mainly a large pool, but has several round platforms for land based pokemon. The pool is cleaned every day so opponents can clearly be seen in the water. Due to the large amounts of water, water type moves gain an extra 2% damage and take 1% less energy.

You received a Profile *do do da dooo* [/fail Zelda Reference]

2v2 Single
Battle Style:Switch
DQ time: 1 week
Damage Cap:40%
Banned Moves:OHKO's, Chills limited to 5/pokemon
Arena:Cerulean City Gym

Due to lack of strong challengers at the present time, Cerulean City has decided to allow battles to take place inside for entertainment for Misty. The gym is mainly a large pool, but has several round platforms for land based pokemon. The pool is cleaned every day so opponents can clearly be seen in the water. Due to the large amounts of water, water type moves gain an extra 2% damage and take 1% less energy.

You received a Profile *do do da dooo* [/fail Zelda Reference]

I'm in.

Profile of Win

Last edited:
A challenge from me and moon-panther against whoever is willing!

4vs4 Double Tag-Team
Style:
Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 50%

Arena: The Underground: Cerulean Ring

A place of bloody battles, this ring has seen much blood. It is a large arena, about thirty feet in diameter and a perfect circle. The ground is concrete, and blood-stained at that, and devoid of pretty much anything. It's a simple arena, but a terrifying one. The people in the stands might start to cheer for one of the combatants; if so, they will gain a +1 attack bonus as long as they are cheered for.

Fight On!

4vs4 Double Tag-Team
Style:
Set

A place of bloody battles, this ring has seen much blood. It is a large arena, about thirty feet in diameter and a perfect circle. The ground is concrete, and blood-stained at that, and devoid of pretty much anything. It's a simple arena, but a terrifying one. The people in the stands might start to cheer for one of the combatants; if so, they will gain a +1 attack bonus as long as they are cheered for.

Fight On!

Ooh, I've never done a tag battle before :o *and will probably make my side lose* I'll bite~

4vs4 Double Tag-Team
Style:
Set

Fight On!

Ooh, I've never done a tag battle before :o *and will probably make my side lose* I'll bite~

Oh don't go saying that silly. Teamwork! Let me help. ^^
I just got myself out of an old battle so maybe this can replace it.

Faf is back

moon-panther's profile

Last edited by a moderator:

4vs4 Double Tag-Team
Style:
Set

Fight On!

Oh. Guess I have to quote this too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom