• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, there is a limit on how many battles you can be in, and most of you have passed or at least reached that limit. Zora has three challenges and at least two battles currently proceeding; multiple other people are in similar situations. Seriously guys, you can wait to make challenges until one of your battles has finished.

3vs3
Style:Switch
DQ: Standard Week
Damage Cap:30%
Banned and Restricted Moves: OHKO attacks, Flash, Trick Room, Magic Room, weather attacks, Morning Sun, Moonlight
Arena: The Black Room

This room, as is stated, is completely black, yet Pokemon can still be seen clearly in the darkness. A neon green line outlines the battlefield, so Pokemon don't accidentally run into walls. Due to colour contrast, Flash isn't allowed in the room for risk of causing blindness. The man who created this room also added some odd things that can happen.

Each turn there is:

10% chance of the effect of Telekinesis.
10% chance of the effect of Gravity.
3% of the lights going out for a round, meaning the pokemon may accidentally run into a wall (or each other) for 2% damage.

Be careful now!

Note: I would like it if the challenger is prepared to play it to the end.

3vs3
Style:Switch
DQ: Standard Week
Damage Cap:30%
Banned and Restricted Moves: OHKO attacks, Flash, Trick Room, Magic Room, weather attacks, Morning Sun, Moonlight
Arena: The Black Room

This room, as is stated, is completely black, yet Pokemon can still be seen clearly in the darkness. A neon green line outlines the battlefield, so Pokemon don't accidentally run into walls. Due to colour contrast, Flash isn't allowed in the room for risk of causing blindness. The man who created this room also added some odd things that can happen.

Each turn there is:

10% chance of the effect of Telekinesis.
10% chance of the effect of Gravity.
3% of the lights going out for a round, meaning the pokemon may accidentally run into a wall (or each other) for 2% damage.

Be careful now!

Note: I would like it if the challenger is prepared to play it to the end.

I'll take it if I can, I want another battle up and running... (Steel Scyther 'n me don't seem to be getting any progress there...)

Anyways, my profile is where it needs be. (I hope theres record of Avery's ability, else I ain't using him...)

Indeed, that challenge was taken and completed already. I intended to bring that up upon posting my next challenges, but I guess I procrastinated too long. Oh well.

Two challenges today. Same specs, but I'll repost them twice just for ease. I don't want to fight the same person on both arenas, thanks kindly.

2v2 Single Battle
Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage cap: 49% (unless you'd rather something else)
Banned/restricted moves: OHKOs; cumulative 50% direct healing*
* as many healing moves allowed as needed to reach this cap

Arena: Kraken's Lair

The Kraken's Lair is a dismal cave deep in the ocean, far from human eyes. The Trainers and referee have deep-sea scuba suits, but we haven't got any for the Pokemon, so only Pokemon who can fare well underwater are usable. (This means you can use most but not all Water-types {bird- or mammal-based Water types like Swanna or Buizel can't breathe underwater} as well as anything that doesn't need to breathe at all like Magnemite or Gastly.)

Because it's so dark deep underwater, we've had to bring a ridiculously oversized waterproof flashlight that lights approximately a football-field sized area of the cave. A Pokemon with eyes will suffer a 50% accuracy reduction if its target is outside the flashlight area. The depths of the ocean being full of scary, creepy-crawly fishes, no Pokemon will venture outside the flashlight area unless commanded by its Trainer.

If the Pokemon make enough of a racket during their battle, especially in such manner as to jostle the rock wall of the cave, the Kraken deep below will awaken, angered. (How much racket this takes is up to the ref, but it shouldn't be so easy as to occur more than 1-3 times in the battle.) When the Kraken awakens, it will squirt a powerful stream of ink into the battle area and attack with its tentacles. The stream of ink creates the underwater equivalent of the move Smokescreen; and both Pokemon will be targeted with the Kraken's tentacles once with Double Hit. After attacking, the Kraken will fall asleep again.

---

2v2 Single Battle
Switch

Arena: Mystic Locus

We battle in a mystical other dimension. Material is formed as needed for attacks and Pokemon; thus a water source for Surf, rocks for Rock Slide, etc. will appear out of the aether as needed. At the end of each round, a random non-Self-targeting move* will mysteriously form from the dimensional material and target one or both of the Pokemon battling.

* Therefore nothing along the lines of Acupressure, Howl, etc. Non-damaging attacks that target the enemy, like Swagger, can be called. (If I were reffing this, the easiest way I could think of doing this mechanic is to use a Metronome generator and reroll if it calls a Self-targeting move.)

EDIT: Just so nobody gets confused, both of these challenges have now been taken, by Grass King and Steel Scyther, respectively.

Last edited:
[for Mewtini]

2vs2 single

DQ: a week
Damage Cap: none~
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: A boat

A normal, cruise-ship-sized rowboat that is in the middle of the ocean. Oh, yeah, and it's about 50 miles away from Antarctica.

[for Mewtini]

2vs2 single

DQ: a week
Damage Cap: none~
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: A boat

A normal, cruise-ship-sized rowboat that is in the middle of the ocean. Oh, yeah, and it's about 50 miles away from Antarctica.
I accpet this challenge! I am now full on battles.

Would like to issue a challenge...

3vs3 single
Style: Switch
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/pokémon, direct healing moves limited to 3/pokemon.
Arena: Standard Pokemon Stadium

A normal, run of the mill stadium (with retractable roof, allowing for Weather moves), with stands for spectators and all. Its mostly made out of marble, however, and is extremely prone to damage from Area attacks, like Earthquake.

3v3 double
Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 60%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Evasion
Arena: Giant Spider Web

It's a giant spider web. The floor is sticky and weblike (of course), and even though it's giant, it's still a spiderweb, so no Pokemon taller/longer than three meters (METRIC HELL YEAH) can battle, since it also has a web roof. Also, all non-Bug types start at -1 Speed.

God this is old. Accepted!

3vs3 single
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, chills limited to 5/pokémon, direct healing moves limited to 3/pokemon.
Arena: Standard Pokemon Stadium

A normal, run of the mill stadium (with retractable roof, allowing for Weather moves), with stands for spectators and all. Its mostly made out of marble, however, and is extremely prone to damage from Area attacks, like Earthquake.

I accept!

3vs3 single
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: One-hit KO's, any move abnormally altering time or space (including Gravity), Ground-type moves
Arena: Dimensional Realm

The dimensional realm is an interesting one--devoid of everything but air, heat, and light which seems to come from all directions with no visible source. If a Pokemon needs a substance for a move, such as water, it appears for them. Due to the realm's nature, it does not allow moves altering dimensions. Therefore, moves which would disturb time or space in any abnormal way (INCLUDING GRAVITY) are prohibited from use, as it is not known what may happen to the Pokemon using it. Gravity itself does not exist--all Pokemon are treated as inherently hovering in this arena.

Other: All Pokemon inherently hover--Ground moves are to no effect.

3vs3 single
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: One-hit KO's, any move abnormally altering time or space (including Gravity), Ground-type moves
Arena: Dimensional Realm

The dimensional realm is an interesting one--devoid of everything but air, heat, and light which seems to come from all directions with no visible source. If a Pokemon needs a substance for a move, such as water, it appears for them. Due to the realm's nature, it does not allow moves altering dimensions. Therefore, moves which would disturb time or space in any abnormal way (INCLUDING GRAVITY) are prohibited from use, as it is not known what may happen to the Pokemon using it. Gravity itself does not exist--all Pokemon are treated as inherently hovering in this arena.

Other: All Pokemon inherently hover--Ground moves are to no effect.

I accept! I only have two battles going. EDIT: Wah sorry Cap'n, I just saw that since Negrek drew back her previous statement of me being full on battles and allowing me to TAKE ONE MORE, I am technically full on battles and cannot take this one as much as I'd love to...sorry D:

Last edited:
2v2 Single Battle
Switch

Arena: Mystic Locus

We battle in a mystical other dimension. Material is formed as needed for attacks and Pokemon; thus a water source for Surf, rocks for Rock Slide, etc. will appear out of the aether as needed. At the end of each round, a random non-Self-targeting move* will mysteriously form from the dimensional material and target one or both of the Pokemon battling.

* Therefore nothing along the lines of Acupressure, Howl, etc. Non-damaging attacks that target the enemy, like Swagger, can be called. (If I were reffing this, the easiest way I could think of doing this mechanic is to use a Metronome generator and reroll if it calls a Self-targeting move.)

I'll take this if no-one else has.

EDIT: I'm also making a battle challenge, which puts me at the limit if it gets accepted.

6vs6 Single battle
Switch
Banned/Restricted: 1 direct heal per Pokemon. No OHKOs

Arena: Perfect Cookie
The battle takes place on a giant cookie. Not only is it the most delicious, well-made cookie you've ever seen, it is also magical. Water sources, rocks, etc. will appear when needed and magically disappear afterwards. Also, the cookie is so delicious that eating some will heal your Pokemon by 10%, although it takes an action to do so. Any sand, water, etc. on the part they are eating will temporarily vanish. Anyone jumping or falling off the cookie will take 10% damage and reappear in the middle of the cookie.
I feel like it should be longer...

Last edited:
2v2 Single Battle
Switch

Arena: Kraken's Lair

The Kraken's Lair is a dismal cave deep in the ocean, far from human eyes. The Trainers and referee have deep-sea scuba suits, but we haven't got any for the Pokemon, so only Pokemon who can fare well underwater are usable. (This means you can use most but not all Water-types {bird- or mammal-based Water types like Swanna or Buizel can't breathe underwater} as well as anything that doesn't need to breathe at all like Magnemite or Gastly.)

Because it's so dark deep underwater, we've had to bring a ridiculously oversized waterproof flashlight that lights approximately a football-field sized area of the cave. A Pokemon with eyes will suffer a 50% accuracy reduction if its target is outside the flashlight area. The depths of the ocean being full of scary, creepy-crawly fishes, no Pokemon will venture outside the flashlight area unless commanded by its Trainer.

If the Pokemon make enough of a racket during their battle, especially in such manner as to jostle the rock wall of the cave, the Kraken deep below will awaken, angered. (How much racket this takes is up to the ref, but it shouldn't be so easy as to occur more than 1-3 times in the battle.) When the Kraken awakens, it will squirt a powerful stream of ink into the battle area and attack with its tentacles. The stream of ink creates the underwater equivalent of the move Smokescreen; and both Pokemon will be targeted with the Kraken's tentacles once with Double Hit. After attacking, the Kraken will fall asleep again.

I'll take this battle, if you don't mind.

2v2 Single battle
Set
1 week DQ
40% Damage Cap
OHKOs and Direct Healing moves are banned (3 chills/Pokemon)

Arena: Hockey Rink

Your NHL-standard hockey rink (if you don't know what that looks like, here) with out nets. Pokemon are not permitted to leave the rink and go into the stands, though they may stand on the plexiglass surrounding the rink i they so wish (if they fall off on the seating side, they're teleported to the center of the rink).

As the Pokemon are sliding around the ice, moves that require physical contact will have their accuracy reduced by 10%. Any other moves that require the user to produce a large beam, a plentiful amount of flames, etc. will cause the user to be propelled backwards.

Additional Info: None

2v2 Single battle
Set
1 week DQ
40% Damage Cap
OHKOs and Direct Healing moves are banned (3 chills/Pokemon)

Arena: Hockey Rink

Your NHL-standard hockey rink (if you don't know what that looks like, here) with out nets. Pokemon are not permitted to leave the rink and go into the stands, though they may stand on the plexiglass surrounding the rink i they so wish (if they fall off on the seating side, they're teleported to the center of the rink).

As the Pokemon are sliding around the ice, moves that require physical contact will have their accuracy reduced by 10%. Any other moves that require the user to produce a large beam, a plentiful amount of flames, etc. will cause the user to be propelled backwards.

Additional Info: None
kinda hard to keep track of who accepts what, but i accept!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom