• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

In the case of Imprison applying to Sleep Talk, does it only apply to Sleep Talk or does it also apply to the moves that it's called?

Same for other moves that can procduce variable results, I guess. Imprisoning Metronome, Assist, etcetera.

In the case of Imprison applying to Sleep Talk, does it only apply to Sleep Talk or does it also apply to the moves that it's called?

Same for other moves that can procduce variable results, I guess. Imprisoning Metronome, Assist, etcetera.
Imprison only applies to the base move--sleep talk, metronome, etc.

Can Cursed Body disable actions? As say, Squirtle smacks Frillish with his tail. Would that be disables?
No.

I meant more an example of when that would happen, but that's enough.
It happens rarely, so it's hard to come up with an example... if the opponent were unwise enough to taunt a pokémon locked into an encore I would imagine that might happen, for example. If it becomes obvious that using that same move over and over again is patently ludicrous or only to the opponent's benefit, I suppose.

If a Pokémon is commanded to attack something that would be phased into another Pokémon, will the attack fail or be used on the host or some other third thing?

Does the pokémon know where the phased pokémon is? If so, then it will likely attack the host in a (possibly successful) attempt to damage the phased pokémon. If not, then it will take no action (or take the action specified if its target has become invalid), just as would ordinarily happen if it couldn't find its target.

The phasing Pokémon was specifically commanded to 'become visible and phase into Nenya', so the attacker definitely knows where it is.

Still, they're physical moves, so I'm guessing that they'll fail.

Last edited:
Can I issue commands for a sleeping Pokémon to execute in the event that it wake up? Namely, "Use Snore three times, but switch to Snarl if you wake up"? I'd think so, as long as I don't make it any more complex, given that since my Pokémon can obviously hear me tell it to use Snore or Sleep Talk, but the section on sleep doesn't say at all. (Or is this something I should be asking the ref?)

Can I issue commands for a sleeping Pokémon to execute in the event that it wake up? Namely, "Use Snore three times, but switch to Snarl if you wake up"? I'd think so, as long as I don't make it any more complex, given that since my Pokémon can obviously hear me tell it to use Snore or Sleep Talk, but the section on sleep doesn't say at all. (Or is this something I should be asking the ref?)

Pretty much everyone does that, so you should be fine.

Like Zoroark says, it's totally kosher.

If direct healing moves/chills are limited in a battle (i.e. 3 direct healing moves per Pokémon), and a Pokémon uses one but it is Snatched, which one is considered to have used it for the purposes of the limit, and thus has it counted against them?

If direct healing moves/chills are limited in a battle (i.e. 3 direct healing moves per Pokémon), and a Pokémon uses one but it is Snatched, which one is considered to have used it for the purposes of the limit, and thus has it counted against them?
This came up in a battle of mine in the past.

I'm not sure right now, though; will check it.

EDIT: It counts toward the Snatcher's limit.

Back
Top Bottom