• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

I'm not very interested in legendaries created by humans in-universe. Mewtwo is just an insanely powerful psychic. That is also a messed up clone of Mew.

Mew at least had shapeshifting powers and was mysterious. Mewtwo only has power.

I like Bronzong because it's supposed to be a bell or whatever so I always imagine it going 'bronzooonnnnnnggggggggg'

*hug*

Also, um, Mewtwo! It's a pretty weird looking one, innit it?..it's pretty much a big ball of creepy murderous thoughts. At least, to me.
And the very existence of a Shiny Mewtwo sprite annoys me. What, did they make more while we weren't looking?
Same thing with Genesect.

I kinda like Mewtwo, definitely one of my favorite Gen I pokemon, though sv does have a point. Mew is better, and Genesect is kinda stupid looking for me.

Mewtwo is overrated as fuck.

Don't get me wrong, it's an amazing Pokémon; however, it's right up there with Pikachu and Charizard. Like these other two, the sheer amount of attention it gets can become very annoying.

Mewtwo's always been interesting to me. It has definitely been a large part of the franchise, especially in the early years and its relationship with Mew is also cool to explore. Its second neck has always bothered me, however.

On the subject of overrated Pokemon, if you're a fan of an overrated Pokemon does the excessive attention it gets annoy or entertain* you? I mean if a lot of people like a certain Pokemon, it makes sense, marketing-wise, to appeal to the majority. But! I can see how that can also frustrate people who tend to like the less popular ones.

*I couldn't think of a word that exactly works here, so think of the opposite of annoy.

Eeee Mewtwo! A favorite of old, and definitely among the pokémon with the most interesting stories attached to them. I'm really pleased that I got to use him as a main character in one of my more recent 'fics, since he's pretty much just a really messed-up kid with so many fun issues to explore. Also great for writing really dramatic/fun action-y kind of scenes. Most of my absolute favorite scenes to write from that story involve him, most of all one where he's talking to the protagonist, and this Rocket grunt tries to sneak up on him. Mewtwo just casually swats him into the wall with his tail, crushing his rib cage, and then just keeps on talking calmly while the guy's lying there, drowning in his own blood, and the protagonist is all "O_o Shit..." It's loads of fun to have a character you can just let loose every now and again and get some really spectacular stuff done.

And hey, his shiny form is even my favorite color! It's just too perfect. Even if the shiny thing is entirely nonsensical.

So yup Mewtwo appreciation post mostly involving me blathering about my fanfics. Mewtwo Mewtwo Mewtwo :D

Yep. Well, today's Pokemon shall be umm

Blaziken

Blaziken

Hey, how cool is this, a Fire Chicken that can kick butt!!!!! This was my fav Hoenn norm Pokemon for certain. (Quaza being my overall fav). I love this chicken.

Blaziken is so awesome. Its one of my fav fighting types, though Dewott is also cool. I can imagine a battle between those two.

Once one of my most favored starters, and Pokemon. However that has easily changed over time...

Anyways, this thing essentially got crowned champion of starters due to an awesome DW ability on top of the Holy Grail of physical fighting moves. (i.e. Speed Boost + HJK)

Fire and Fighting. Argh. Bad combination.

Otherwise, it's a messed up anthropomorphic chicken with no beak that is in neither of the egg groups it should be in. And males have longer "hair".

An interesting thing I noticed:
English name: Blaziken
Species: The Blaze Pokémon
Ability: Blaze

I don't like Fighting-types, and this one is ugly as well. And combined with Fire, which is the opposite of the martial arts aspect of the Fighting type by personality, making the combination just plain wrong. Wrong among Fire-types and wrong among birds. Fire-type birds are supposed to be majestic, like Moltres!

Last edited:

Otherwise, it's a messed up anthropomorphic chicken with no beak that is in neither of the egg groups it should be in. And males have longer "hair".

I don't like Fighting-types, and this one is ugly as well. And combined with Fire, which is the opposite of the martial arts aspect of the Fighting type by personality, making the combination just plain wrong. Wrong among Fire-types and wrong among birds. Fire-type birds are supposed to be majestic, like Moltres!

But chickens aren't majestic...

Do types really dictate what the Pokémon that have them should be like?

Anyways, Blaziken. It would easily be my favorite Hoenn starter if it didn't have to compete with Sceptile. They're quite cool. It was rather disappointing to see it become overshadowed by Infernape, even if I also like Infernape considerably; it's nice to see it make a comeback with Speed Boost now, though.

Blaziken is so awesome. Its one of my fav fighting types, though Dewott is also cool. I can imagine a battle between those two.

Dewott isn't a fighting type...

Anyways, Blaziken is my fav fire type, and the father of all fire/fighting pokemon, I believe. (And by that I mean the first fire/fighting type.)

what? first of all, it does have a beak:
Harrison_Blaziken_Flamethrower.png

secondly, what does it matter if the male forme has longer hair? o.o what an oddly specific reason to not like something. It's not even much longer, really.

And combined with Fire, which is the opposite of the martial arts aspect of the Fighting type by personality, making the combination just plain wrong.
what on earth does this even mean?
Fire-type birds are supposed to be majestic, like Moltres!
well the thing is, there aren't any other ones except these two and ho-oh, and if they were all majestic, beautiful birds then things would probably get pretty boring! it's fun to challenge conventions sometimes!

I prefer Swampert... *shot*

But Blaziken's my second choice, and well, with its Dream World ability, holy crap.
I also like the design to some extent. And what's wrong with guys with long hair? Really?

Back
Top Bottom