• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What do you think of fellow forumgoers? (Again!)

ffffffffffffffffffff

I DEMAND A REVIVAL NOW *whacks fist into laptop*

Anyway, it's my /duty/ as revival tech support to actually make a post of substance. So.

Mawile: he was my first friend here ;; I don't think he's active any more, which makes me sad.
Silver: She's always been super-nice, if not a little quirky, but honestly she just berates herself over every little thing and she really doesn't need to :c
Mozankairu: Okay, okay, maybe he's off to a rough extended-start. But when I talk to him, he's actually, like, understanding and rather friendly, so I'm not holding anything negative against him yet.
Polymetric Sesquialtera: <3 I've been talking to her more now 'cause she's on #tcod, but I did converse with her earlier on via VMing. She's another nice person! I think she also seems to have that "berate oneself" trend thing ;A; and I think she's, idk, a little fiery??? but yeah she's cool.
Zhorken: okay this is long overdue but I think Zhorken like. always seems to know stuff (well over half the population knows more than me at eighth grade but) and he's really funny too!
Eifie: sucks at rabbit puns "um excuse me where is everybunny they're missing out on this hopportunity" but she loves cute things. that is all.
Hiikaru: Kiru's one of those people that's like. super enthusiastic all the time and seeing vir's million question marks all the time just sparks joy!!!
Superbird: also one of my first friends here! I used to talk to him more, actually, but he's always been real nice and knowledgeable and :D
Squornshellous Beta: someone who hated my "OMG LOLZ" first incarnation here but we later got super close! She, too, BERATES HERSELF ffffffuuuu. what's with this trend?! but yeah I get the feeling that she like. wants to help everyBUNNY but doesn't know how????
ultraviolet: fun fun fun. Somehow her all lowercase thing makes her seem ALL the more friendly and laid back and relaxed and eee :D

okie I'm done I missed out on like NINETY NINE POINT NINE NINE NINE of the population but eh

Last edited:
I still bloody love everyone. I'm not on here as much, though it's not so much an 'oh, I'm too cool for the forums' thing, I just get so annoyed when the site doesn't load. I do miss some people from back in th' day, but SPOON is still here, and she's secretly my favourite anyway :D

I miss talking to Pathos and Kratos because I totally adore both of them - Pathos is my favourite TV person and Kratos is all gruff but actually the coolest, loveliest person ever. They're both incredible artists. I didn't mean to group you together like that.

Eifie is great, and my newest bud on the forum (can I call you my bud? When two people share a love of Luna, I feel a level of formality can be dipensed with), and I LOVE talking about 999 with you. My actual favourite thing to do on the forum (/in the world) is discuss why an awesome thing is awesome, and you are a superb awesome-discussion-buddy. (sorry that I'm not and take ages to reply)

Kinova is one of my favourite people, and I love having you on twitter/FB so I un-stalkerishly know what you're up to because we don't talk so much anymore and AGAIN that's my stupid fault. I think you're BRILLIANT.

Cirrus and opal are perfection (my housemate thinks they are the two most beautiful people she's ever seen and thinks Cirrus is 'a pixie born in the heart of a flower'), but should let me know what they're up to more often. Easter break? They play 7 Wonders with me :D

You know who else is great? Datura. I never spoke to you too much on the forums, but I love all the stuff you post on FB and I especially love your love of sociological things. Keep it up, you are going to be so great. Oh, and Fynx (feels weird to call you that, though) is similar, although we have been friends from the forum for a while, I really like seeing what you're up to even if we don't talk so much these days.

Alraune is the very loveliest, but we haven't really talked much. (I think you're fantastic!)

surskitty is incredible, and having you over last year was brilliant and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. I don't know if you know, but Mhals and I have invented a scale that runs from 0 to surskitty that is used when evaluating the excellence of someone's clothing choices. I really hope we're able to take you up on your offer of staying with you sometime, I'd love that so much :) (tell your mum I say hi)

I can't write paragraphs about everyone I love because I'm going to run out of superlatives (although I might actually just mean 'positive adjectives), but for now I'll just say that I also totally love Espeon, Butterfree, Grimdour, Shadow Serenity, CrazyLinoone, Harlequin, Blastoise, Phantom, uv, Kai, Keltena, Ruby and Lorem. And other people. And I just found the post I made in this exact thread and it basically says what I've just spent ages typing here.

And now I'm going to find the older thread because in it Cirrus calls me the Stephen Fry of the forums (which continues to be the greatest compliment anyone's ever given me) and Mhals talks about her 4-year plan to get me to love her (which totally worked).

I think she also seems to have that "berate oneself" trend thing ;A;

this is my life ;D it's how I roll

ANYWAY NOW IT'S MY TURN IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I POSTED HERE AND MORE THING HAPPEN

ok first off i have to give props to hiikaru for being the bestest sheeps. srsly kiru why are you always so fun to talk to you why are you always so super happy idk but it's awesome never change :D

vm also gets a shoutout as well (yes yes i know you weren't the first person to be shouted-out but you already fukken know what i think of you) for /also/ being the bestest sheeps, for being the person that decided to take that sentence entirely out of context and use "the bestest sheeps" to refer to a person's awesomeness level, for being the best movie buff person because fuck yeah movie buff people, for being same politics as me for all things you know i love ya <3

fynx remains the best music person to talk to i wish we talked more but you never seem to be around ;A;

ultraviolet i also wish i talked to you more you're fukken hilarious and awesome and butts.

mewtini why are you so awesome you're a year and one day younger than my sister and everyone knows how much i hate my sister but you're like 232484389103832 times as awesome as my sister what the hell happened why i dun get it but never change never stop being the BEST TCOD YOUNGUN OK

surskitty we need to talk more about pokéspe even though i still don't read it just because it's fun to hear you explain things about it and you also post lots of funny things you're a cool person :p

I MIGHT HAVE MORE TO SAY in better detail but fuck i didn't get much sleep last night and i wanted to give shout-outs to mah bestest sheeps anyhow.

cry sob Dannichu is great too Dannichu is my bud I am so pleased to be like the first person in your post. I swear I'll reply to your VM soon. Oh no... it's been even longer than I thought... whoops.

Maybe I should actually... post in one of these threads for once. Okay um.

Cirrus is my bestest friend and e is totally going to come visit me in Canada. >:( E shares a love of neopets and Cilan and maybe Dangan Ronpa so basically all that is good and holy in the world. Also e was willing to accept all my donations to customize the world's greatest neopet so you should all have infinite respect.

omg surely I talk to other people on this forum. I like Mewtini! Mewtini is cool. Mewtini has won my ultimate respect and approval for her posts in the Cilan thread therefore I recommend Mewtini to all of you.

I like Clover too! They're my biggest tumblr crush because I've reblogged half of their blog. Sorry Clover.

SURE WHY NOT.

I'm in love with opal I guess, I'm in best Neofriends with Eifie, I don't hate Butterfree promise, Mewtini is my new best Cilanfriend (very prestigious rank), Dannichu is still a big favourite and maybe wins through tenacity, and Keltena and surskitty are my number ones for talking about shared fandoms lately. I really really like Zhorken, ultraviolet, Mhals, Clover (keep loving the adacho) and a bunch others probably idk. I want them all to have great lives and comfy experiences (even if we don't talk often), lots and lots.

There are several people I really like in theory but never seem to talk to much! :c There are several people I like (even a lot!) in theory but whose company I can't stand. There are only one or two people I can't stand at all. :ooOOO

this post feels really similar to my last few.

... and thinks Cirrus is 'a pixie born in the heart of a flower

I think you've told me that before, but my response remains "...omg"

Last edited:
Sorry for the different nick (I lost my password, it was unrecoverable, and so I had to make a new account, I am Tarvos) but I probably would like most of you.

I just don't talk often here anymore because my common interests with most of you have been marginalised over time, which is a shame, but it is what happens to people.

I honestly can't think of anyone I don't like. I mean, yeah, there's sometimes where I look at what people post and it's like, "really?" But, that's generally few and far in between and I don't really dwell on to it.

I miss a lot of the old OS gang, though. And it makes me sad that most of them aren't on here anymore.

I do miss some people from back in th' day, but SPOON is still here, and she's secretly my favourite anyway :D

Haha, yes! :D

Eh, I think I've landed on the line of 'person people can't stand' after my little... whatever the hell that was.

I am making it better, promise.

I do need to make a shout out to Black Yoshi. Bro, if it wasn't for you letting me bounce off ideas for TDC, it propbably wouldn't never have finished "Sovngarde Beckons". You also took the time to make a supercool cover and stuff for the fic.

Sir, you are a sir.

Eh, I think I've landed on the line of 'person people can't stand' after my little... whatever the hell that was.

Nah you're cool, I'm pretty sure they're talking about me. HEY HAS ANYONE HEARD OF GRAMMAR, LET'S ALL TALK ABOUT GRAMMAR.

Anyway I swear I'll post a proper post in this thread like I said I would, just as soon as I have less stuff going on! Also after I decide whether to format it like a list and put people in categories of "people I like", "people I like a bit more than that" etc, or mention fewer people but write more about what I think about each of them.

So I logged on today and ooops inactivity banner :( I hope I can at least be one of the generally well-liked lurkers who everyone seems to know about for some reason

But uh right! I really wish I went on #tcod more than I do now, since it seems fun and I'd probably get to know a lot of the people I just idly like more??? But I always feel awkward coming into the channel and leaving everything running indefinitely so I don't have to re-enter just... really isn't an option for me... OTL I also usually end up embarrassing myself somehow ahaha

Hiikaru is one of those people I idly like! You're always so uplifting and approachable and aaa??? You're just like. A benevolent forum entity that's always really helpful and this feels kind of weird because it feels like everyone says this about you? Like I'm not sure if you want to be defined as "that one really enthusiastic person who does textwalls" all the time, but we don't really speak much so I don't really have anything personal :(

miruku, blazhyroo, and Omskivar are still excellent <333 <> we have our place to use/hang out/be inactive at, but hey, you're all still here so. it kind of feels like I haven't been talking to all of you as much lately, though; it's terrible. I've been trying to initiate conversation more though so! Hopefully.

Blazhy wait you get an extra paragraph for listening to my silly IRL everythings (and also you just being the best ever). Your opinion of me probably drops with every story/piece of information that involves me existing IRL, but you're really the only one I talk to about things like that and? Thanks, really. I hope it isn't too obnoxious

Storm and Dinru are also great bubblrfriends and I just really look up to them? It also feels like I don't talk to you two enough, it's just that bubblr gives the illusion of actual interaction through liking/rebubbling posts? Which is kind of terrible when I'm trying not to rebubble anything, welp.

VM by which I mean Mr. Vanilla Milkshake, you missed a perfect reference with your namechange!!! I used to feel really awkward about/with/at/[some other preposition] you for not very good reasons, but uh right??? Things change, I guess. You're cool.

Eifie, CirrusMinish, Spoon! All of you are grouped together because you're generally awesome-seeming people and also because your posts in the favorite anime thread led to me watching Princess Jellyfish. :D I haven't gotten very far in the manga yet but. It's great. Everyone is great. I thought you should know.

Mewtini you're back mog. I don't remember exactly how close we were back then, but I was really worried by your sudden disappearance! I'm glad you returned; you are basically just great! I'm sorry if we never spoke beforehand and this is weird. It felt like we did, though.

where did Metallica (/MF/Mei Fanboy) and Linoone gooo :c

on an ending note, pathos is hypothetically pretty cool but it seems like I'm incapable of interacting with him without being objectively confusing and/or terrible, or at least assuming I was later. Don't reply to this pathos you'll prove me right

Last edited:
All right, time to actually make the list for real. I'm like that guy who basically everyone forgets about until I suddenly speak up. :3

Part of that is because I've really never connected with anyone on this forum up until the Battle for Asber, where I began to communicate with a lot of the users I know well at the moment.

That includes, basically, Mai, Blazhy, Denryu/Ampharos, bulbasaur, Seeker and sreservoir. And to those of them, particularly sreservior, to whom I seem kind of selfish and inconsiderate, I'm sorry and I'm working on that.

Also here on the forum are the people with whom I go back a bit of a ways. Unfortunately, some of them aren't here any more or visit very rarely, mainly Chief Zackrai, Silver, and Cloudsong. And then there are Polymetric who lives in North Carolina, hence my interest back then, and Mewtini, who remains my good friend to this day and whom I hope to keep as a good friend for a long time.

The thing is, I never really connected with most of the moderators or older members here, and the majority of my closer friends on this forum have a later join date than I do. I think that when I first joined I was a bit scared of the older members who had more power, more influence, and more potential danger to my survival.

Oh, and Green is a cool guy too.

I think, with me, the only members I've really connected with are the ones who frequented the Mafia forums. Mainly, this was Mewtini, VM, bulbasaur, Lyra Heartstrings, RK-9, Superbird, Phantom, Maimi........ there are surely more, but it's been so long since I've really talked to anybody on here that it's hard to remember.

EL EDITO: MysticMoon too. Also, what's with the name bolding? Makes me feel like I'm voting for someone.

My turn now.

First shoutout goes to VM. All-around awesome guy in every way ever. Probably the guy who I'm closest to on this forum, and with good reason.

Poly is next. For a long time, I didn't talk to her much, but ever since I started going to #tcod, I've talked to her much more, and she's proven to also be really cool.

Let me take this opportunity to (once again) say that VM and Poly make an ADORABLE couple. :D

Then there's Zero Moment. I wish he could go to #tcod, because he's also a really cool guy. Also, he has an awesome Tumblr.

Phantom's all right too. Yes, she's made mistakes here, but who hasn't. I definitely think she's a decent member.

I've started talking to Mewtini a little more via #tcod. I'm glad she decided to come back - it's quite impressive that she's only 11 and already contributing so well to TCoD.

Maimi is also pretty cool. I liked planning alongside her in the Battle for Asber.

In fact, I'll give a shoutout to some of you from the BfA now: the aforementioned Maimi, sreservoir, Crazy Linoone, Metallica Fanboy (I want those two back), and blazhy.

Two members who I don't really talk so much to anymore but who I still think of positively are Squarewalker and Grimdour.

Another member who doesn't come to TCoD anymore but who I still have a good opinion of is Zora (who, incidentally, has an awesome Tumblr as well).

And speaking of Tumblr, I'll add Noctowl and Worst Username Ever to my shoutout list. Again, I don't talk to them much, but I frequent (and follow) their Tumblrs, and I think that they are fairly interesting people.

And that's all from me.

Then there's Zero Moment. I wish he could go to #tcod, because he's also a really cool guy. Also, he has an awesome Tumblr.

I wish I could go to #tcod :P
Although, if there's some sorta irc app for Android.....

And how could I ever forget about Karkat Vantass? He was a pretty cool guy. Too bad he left.....

I did one of these not too long ago but I guess there's never a bad time for member appreciation posts!

This is going to be really long because there isn't anyone on TCoD that I honestly don't like.
Mewtini is really awesome and I'm glad to see her back!
Hiikaru is super-nice and great at explaining things!
Lyra seems to share all my interests/fandoms and is generally pretty awesome
Zero Moment is a really cool guy who is a really cool guy.
res doubleplusgood.
Maimi is also really great.
DarkAura, like Mewtini, is one of the more mature younger members and is really nice.
Flora and Flareth have awesome blogs.
Spoon and Dannichu I haven't talked to much directly, but are practically impossible not to like.
Music Dragon has all the fabulousness. All of it.
ultraviolet always makes me smile.
Rainbow_Dashie is really fun to talk to, especially about awesome movies.
Photo Finish shouldn't be so self-deprecating! He is pretty great.
Sangfroidish is Sangfroidish.
Phantom is generally quite nice and fun to talk to. Also fun to mafia with.
Tarvos may not post on here as much, but is still great chatting with.
Scootaloo is a really nice and awesome younger member.
pathos is super great.
opaltiger and cirrus are awesome peoples.
Fynx and surskitty and Negrek all do an awesome job,
Butterfree are bestest sheeps.

I think I'm forgetting someone....

miruku, blazhyroo, and Omskivar are still excellent <333 <> we have our place to use/hang out/be inactive at, but hey, you're all still here so. it kind of feels like I haven't been talking to all of you as much lately, though; it's terrible. I've been trying to initiate conversation more though so! Hopefully.

Blazhy wait you get an extra paragraph for listening to my silly IRL everythings (and also you just being the best ever). Your opinion of me probably drops with every story/piece of information that involves me existing IRL, but you're really the only one I talk to about things like that and? Thanks, really. I hope it isn't too obnoxious

Welp I have that inactivity banner too, so may as well chase it away by replying to this~

We don't talk as much, is true and is unfortunate ): But we're still ~good friends~ and that's what matters! Plus most of our conversation before was all BfA and while it was fun, it got kinda exhausting after a while... anyway! You deserve an extra paragraph too (or more, but don't wanna clutter the post) for listening to /my/ IRL stuff and for actually actively talking to me when I'm feeling down! And contrary to your belief, every story/piece of info that involves you existing IRL makes me respect you more! So don't feel obnoxious or anything.

Unfortunately since ASB kinda blew up I haven't been active around here at all and I don't talk to a lot of people... I don't think I have much else to say OTL res, Omski, and bulbasaur are still awesome, MF and Linoone are also awesome but need to come back, etc.

... I really do need to be more active around here, hnng

have any of us been talking around much at all very much lately

Storm and Dinru are also great bubblrfriends and I just really look up to them? It also feels like I don't talk to you two enough, it's just that bubblr gives the illusion of actual interaction through liking/rebubbling posts? Which is kind of terrible when I'm trying not to rebubble anything, welp.

and by bubblrfriends you mean

where did Metallica (/MF/Mei Fanboy) and Linone gooo :c

what's a linone

And to those of them, particularly sreservior, to whom I seem kind of selfish and inconsiderate, I'm sorry and I'm working on that.

unforgivable!

res doubleplusgood.

why double

Welp I have that inactivity banner too, so may as well chase it away by replying to this~

We don't talk as much, is true and is unfortunate ): But we're still ~good friends~ and that's what matters! Plus most of our conversation before was all BfA and while it was fun, it got kinda exhausting after a while... anyway!

not convinced that that proper is what exhausted but eh.

You deserve an extra paragraph too (or more, but don't wanna clutter the post) for listening to /my/ IRL stuff and for actually actively talking to me when I'm feeling down! And contrary to your belief, every story/piece of info that involves you existing IRL makes me respect you more! So don't feel obnoxious or anything.

unatla, on the other hand, is fixneedful >(((

Last edited:
pathos is super great.

I think you're super great too! Aw *u* you're a cool person I think we should talk more!

on an ending note, pathos is hypothetically pretty cool but it seems like I'm incapable of interacting with him without being objectively confusing and/or terrible, or at least assuming I was later. Don't reply to this pathos you'll prove me right

SORRY but you're wrong! I don't think you're terrible I think you're actually pretty cool. It is a shame we don't talk more you should #tcod more often!

I miss talking to Pathos and Kratos because I totally adore both of them - Pathos is my favourite TV person and Kratos is all gruff but actually the coolest, loveliest person ever. They're both incredible artists. I didn't mean to group you together like that.

We're grouped together because we're secretly married ~ u_u omg no but it's so hard to find people who love tv as much as I do Danni I miss talking to you!! And thank you ;n; I love your art too I miss seeing that also!

Hi, I'm going to post here now.

I haven't known her long, but the whole time I have, Mewtini has been really friendly and open minded.

Kyntelle has been really helpful and tons of fun to work with. Thanks for pulling B&G out of the hole.

I don't talk to surskitty very often, but we've had a few conversations and they've been really nice. And their art is amazing.

I wouldn't say we're very close, but I appreciate people like Equinoxe and VM who set my head on straight (too many others to count).

Absolutely (aka Scootaloo) because she's fun and although I obviously get on her nerves from time to time, she's not reluctant to help me out with nearly anything. Also, good artist and RPer.

Jirachu because they're so happy all the time!

Hippy, last but certainly not least, because she's fun to talk to and had been more help to me regarding personal things than most people IRL.

Back
Top Bottom