• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The "Fwee" Thread

I know I'm new and so this might not carry too much weight to a lot of you but I've been doing really well with self care and mental health recently!

I haven't been around here much, heh.

I've been working a lot over the past three or so years. A lot. It's probably why I haven't been on here much.

Finally everything is turning up for me. Adulting is finally starting to work out.

I now work at a large trauma center/teaching hospital/capital hospital, mainly around the ED and in mental health. The training was amazing. I've even gotten my taser certification squared away, plus getting zapped myself for demonstration purposes. I'm working hands on with nursing staff, doctors, social workers, police, medics... so many talented people that I have the privilege of working with every day.

And now I'm finally making a more-than simply livable wage. Bought myself my first brand new car, shiny 2017 set of wheels, instead of cars that would have graduated high school by now they're so old. (though I kept my old car, huh, guess I have three cars now, probably should sell one)

My best friend got married, and I got to stand beside him as he took his vows. It was the the biggest honor I could have asked for. I've taken over my family's food shelf since my grandmother passed a few years back. We've now grown to feed three thousand families a month, plus I restarted the AIDS relief program, working with the Red Cross on blood donations (and being a regular donor for blood/platelets myself, I have a really useful blood type, they love me there, lol) I've also become a reserve police officer, since due to my whole eyeball issue I can't be a cop anymore.

I'm still working my ass off, but everything is becoming normal now. I'm happy to be working my ass off. Happy for the first time in a long time.

I'm really making a difference in people's lives now.

I haven't been around here much, heh.

I've been working a lot over the past three or so years. A lot. It's probably why I haven't been on here much.

Finally everything is turning up for me. Adulting is finally starting to work out.

I now work at a large trauma center/teaching hospital/capital hospital, mainly around the ED and in mental health. The training was amazing. I've even gotten my taser certification squared away, plus getting zapped myself for demonstration purposes. I'm working hands on with nursing staff, doctors, social workers, police, medics... so many talented people that I have the privilege of working with every day.

And now I'm finally making a more-than simply livable wage. Bought myself my first brand new car, shiny 2017 set of wheels, instead of cars that would have graduated high school by now they're so old. (though I kept my old car, huh, guess I have three cars now, probably should sell one)

My best friend got married, and I got to stand beside him as he took his vows. It was the the biggest honor I could have asked for. I've taken over my family's food shelf since my grandmother passed a few years back. We've now grown to feed three thousand families a month, plus I restarted the AIDS relief program, working with the Red Cross on blood donations (and being a regular donor for blood/platelets myself, I have a really useful blood type, they love me there, lol) I've also become a reserve police officer, since due to my whole eyeball issue I can't be a cop anymore.

I'm still working my ass off, but everything is becoming normal now. I'm happy to be working my ass off. Happy for the first time in a long time.

I'm really making a difference in people's lives now.

Congratulations.

Ok, so today we played a game at band camp. It was a really simple game; partner up with someone and play rock paper scissors with them. If you win, you seek out someone else to challenge, and if you lose, you cheer on the person you won against. So, on my first match, I won. And then, by some miracle of nature, I kept winning. Flash forward a couple of minutes and I'm facing off against my final opponent, with basically 5/6 of the whole camp behind me (the other guy didn't face off against as many people) screaming my name as I faced off in freaking rock paper scissors. And it was so weird having so many people cheer me on when around 3/4 of them didn't even know who I was, but let me tell you it was freaking amazing and definitely one of my favorite days of the summer. Of course, I'm not THAT lucky, so I lost the final match. But hey; runner-up isn't so shabby, and having all those people cheer me on definitely made up for it.

As a bonus, now basically everyone knows who I am, which is awesome, seeing as I'm a newbie freshman who most people didn't know before.

Double post but I don't care:

So I was on Room 98 of 100 of the Flipside Pit of 100 Trials in Super Paper Mario, on 1 hp, knowing that the next room would probably be the end of me, and that I would probably die and feel rage towards everything for the next 24 hours. But I might as well try. So I went to attack the last enemy in the room I was in to get the key to the next room... And my attack went up. Normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but if your hp or attack gets it's maximum raised, your hp bar gets a full recharge afterwards, which at this point was more than luck; it was practically a godsend. I then proceeded to take out the enemies in Room 99 (it wasn't exactly easy, but I did do it), got the key, defeated the final boss in Room 100 (which is just an exact clone of the very first boss you face but with higher hp) with ease, and claimed my prize. I'm now running on pure adrenaline just because of that and I feel GREAT

Back
Top Bottom