• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

wasn't the reason we were doubtful of the ultracool wagon that nobody really seemed to be opposing it? and now the same thing is happening with herbe
yeah though i think herbe is more likely to be getting bussed right now due to the rapid onset
ultracool's wagon grew so slowly that maf could have avoided it if they wanted to i think

wasn't the reason we were doubtful of the ultracool wagon that nobody really seemed to be opposing it? and now the same thing is happening with herbe
yeah though i think herbe is more likely to be getting bussed right now due to the rapid onset
ultracool's wagon grew so slowly that maf could have avoided it if they wanted to i think
Yeah I think just saying they're at similar positions numbers-wise is a little reductive - while I think large swings can indicate v/v with townies not sure who to go onto, it's been a faster ramp-up and I think the early part of the wagon is fairly pure

Herbe ISO

It is occasionally a bit difficult to sift through the shitposting and manner of speaking to find the real content here, but I think I see enough to give pause for the current wagon.

A general beef I have with Herbe's posting is that the game-related content to non-game-related content ratio is really bad... could indicate that Herbe is having trouble manufacturing reads.

i have the strongest feeling that im gonna get mislynched like D2 lmao
my past sins haunt me
This feels a bit overly self-aware but in a concerned way. It's a slight read, but I give more townie points than not to this. Some scum players *think* to post stuff like this, others don't, and I'm making a determination that this is more likely due to a genuine concern than not.

if it's time to start airing reads, copcover mewtini is acting cool and townie (or 3p shrugtownie like last game lmao)
very interested in bluwiikoon!!! would love to hear more from him, but the vibes are good there

not much else stands out to me right now
This is the first real reads post from what I could tell... it could go either way, but "not much else stands out to me right now" the sentiment combined with the diction feels a bit open. Most of Herbe's posts fall into this category from what I can tell, and it is difficult to make a true read. However...

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm so frustrated with myself. I failed to consider that if I played to my usual towngame early on in TVT, that immediately after my reputation would be tarnished when I'm actually town. Of course, "usual" is a stretch here, cause I haven't played forum mafia in forever, but I was legitimately trying to be town early on. I literally psyched myself out of knowing what happened to Jack d1 (I killed him) and I was like omg this flavor IS so weird!! I wonder what the hell happened??? Who killed jack????? like, in my head. not even performatively. kyeugh, you can vouch, in scumchat when i was losing my mind and mf was like "go to sleep herbe."

I also make this point because I have to pay attention to the fact that kyeugh and i are not a scumteam anymore and she's not distancing me, she's literally just reading me. And I know that I probably shouldn't be so meta cause that's not gonna wiggle me out of any scumreads but I'm not gonna censor my stream of consiousness for the sake of reads.

Re: keldeo
random question, do you think you like being mafia or town better?
Ask me again at the end of this game, cause I haven't played a game to its finish as town in recent memory. Right now I'm inclined to say mafia. It comes so much easier to me,,,,, also I miss having partners. I miss mawile!!!!! OOT communication is my favorite and I miss being able to bounce ideas off of other players. If anyone wants to loverize me (for real this time) please do!

Anyway I just re-caught up with the thread (and woke up for the day) so yeah. this post is long enough
I'm not too sure, but if I had to guess I don't think this post comes from scum as often as it does from town. It's too stream-of-consciousness, for one, from my perception of the way Herbe plays and in general... I don't think scum!Herbe thinks to make a post this long-winded because they may be concerned they're overdoing it. What really stands out to me though is the underlined sentence, that seems like a genuine thought. With that said, I suppose scum!Herbe could playing that up for lack of being able to force genuine reads and such, so it's not definitive or anything.

That's all behavioral, which is more my forte to say the least. As for the claim... I could see it being fake given what already is purported to be claimed by Emmy being cop. I don't know that town cop + town role cop seems balanced.

Personally though, I think I see enough potential for townieness here that I'd rather go for Ultracool than Herbe, so...

vote Ultracool

@Tofu please follow my lead on this

@kyeugh I have just one question for you and then I will let you off the hook forever

between Tofu and I, one of us is the vigilante, and one of us is a watcher

you said:

pretty sure i know who the vig is tbh

please tell me which one of us is the vigilante, and explain how you know this

if I am satisfied with your answer, I will no longer suspect you

if not, the vigilante will kill you
i was pretty sure it was you. you seemed to be looking for guidance before, and suggested the presence of a vig iirc before we knew for sure there was one: https://forums.dragonflycave.com/threads/cats-2019-mafia.18670/post-682169

then you reacted pretty strongly to me mentioning it and tried to get me to talk about it, and apparently never forgot about it. i’ve been pretty much counting on getting shot tonight since you started pushing me anyway tbh. maybe it comes out to be tofu and haha lolskylar but i’ve been thinking it was you for a while now.
I am satisfied with this answer. I lied about both of our roles, but wanted to see how you would react. If you came up with some role reason for knowing the vig and actually did identify one of us, or took too long to respond, I would have known you were mafia.

i’ve been idling in a gas station parking lot forever now, really gotta go. hopefully i don’t die tonight tbh! honestly i’m not sure why vm wouldn’t kill me regardless of my answer there so i expect i probably will. if so, it has been fun and i wish my scummates rnp and ultracool good luck!

Ok so ultracool seems a bit fishy to me, if only because of VM's decisive statement in #1590. ALSO there's something here that Mr. Ultracool posted that also makes me suspect Tofu as well, since I'm a bit more inclined to believe VM is vig:

Announcement to all cops (if there are any): Please check kyeugh tonight.

Telling the cop whom to check seems quite fishy, too - what if the Maf has a Watcher?
IndigoEmmy

Mr. Ultracool

herbe (8): keldeo, mewtini, trebek, VM, bfree, blu, koko, kyeugh
ultracool (5): tofu, rari, herbe, mist, m+7
tofu (1): emmy
blu (1): ils
emmy (1): rnp
This feels a bit overly self-aware but in a concerned way. It's a slight read, but I give more townie points than not to this. Some scum players *think* to post stuff like this, others don't, and I'm making a determination that this is more likely due to a genuine concern than not.
tbh after having seen him in tropes, i think that if any scum player would think to say stuff like this, it would be herbe

@Tofu please follow my lead on this

@kyeugh I have just one question for you and then I will let you off the hook forever

between Tofu and I, one of us is the vigilante, and one of us is a watcher

you said:

pretty sure i know who the vig is tbh

please tell me which one of us is the vigilante, and explain how you know this

if I am satisfied with your answer, I will no longer suspect you

if not, the vigilante will kill you
i was pretty sure it was you. you seemed to be looking for guidance before, and suggested the presence of a vig iirc before we knew for sure there was one: https://forums.dragonflycave.com/threads/cats-2019-mafia.18670/post-682169

then you reacted pretty strongly to me mentioning it and tried to get me to talk about it, and apparently never forgot about it. i’ve been pretty much counting on getting shot tonight since you started pushing me anyway tbh. maybe it comes out to be tofu and haha lolskylar but i’ve been thinking it was you for a while now.
I am satisfied with this answer. I lied about both of our roles, but wanted to see how you would react. If you came up with some role reason for knowing the vig and actually did identify one of us, or took too long to respond, I would have known you were mafia.
ohh...!! dope tbh. in that case, i didn’t just say that thing about rnp and ultracool.

Back
Top Bottom