• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

i think it would be more topical to compare it to ultracool's other scum game tbh, but i see the rest of the points you make
that's a solid point! i'll acknowledge that it's a play scum can use but it doesn't mean that that's uc's meta
For now, I don't like Ultracool's posts so far and I like having him as one of the wagons
What am I doing wrong? Did I claimeow too soon? 😿
i counter with this post from town!uc in tarot
What is so wolfy about me? Should I claim more than being the Wheel of Fortune and giving out free items to whoever visits me like a friendly neighbourhood PEZ- Dispenser?
also a solid point!

hmm... i also noticed the problems rari/skytini/ysabel are pointing out with zori, but it seems to me a little too good to be true. zori is an excellent mafia player and I just can't see her involuntarily giving up this much evidence against herself. i know i tend to jump to this conclusion an awful lot, but i'm wondering if it may be worth considering the possibility that she's currently an activated alien?
i applaud your courage for bringing this up considering all instances i remember of you raising this possibility you were w/w with the alleged alien
i’m not saying you’re w/w with zori yet, it’s just. an observation.

where i'm at right now with ultracool is that while his cunning plan is highly unlikely to work out, coming up with unworkable plans is very much a thing he does, as the other scum from Cats (2019) can attest. in that game he developed a bizarrely complicated fakeclaim that even we didn't understand, and stuck with it when it had no chance whatsoever of convincing everyone. feels exceptionally similar to what he's trying to do now with the baiting-mafia-to-target-him, with the only difference being that if hell froze over and it worked out, it would help town rather than mafia. atm i think balance of probability is probably that this is in fact a genuine Ultracool Plan rather than an attempt to fake the existence of one.
btw i can attest to this and fully subscribe to this read

it seems to me a little too good to be true. zori is an excellent mafia player and I just can't see her involuntarily giving up this much evidence against herself.
yeah ... i thought exactly this about her in ooc, went "maybe this is just too much," and then proceeded to lynch wolf d1. so i don't know about this take
-m
tbf zori in ooctvt also straight up "joke"claimed her mafia alignment and flavor (sort of) on the first page or two

i particularly like the point abt getting ppl to let their guard down cause that's right out of my Mr. Friendly tvt playbook haha
i was going to use your tvt play as an example because ultracool's play in this game looks strikingly similar to that
i think it would be more topical to compare it to ultracool's other scum game tbh, but i see the rest of the points you make
-m
i can't really say if it matches any existing scumplay, but it pinged me as different enough from my understanding of their townplay that it might just be scum!ultracool trying a new appraoch

one example, ultracool was abstaining in tarot mafia when no one else would; however, in this game he wanted to vote inactive players, which seems pretty different

i can't really say if it matches any existing scumplay,
he was mafia in cats!
it pinged me as different enough from my understanding of their townplay that it might just be scum!ultracool trying a new appraoch

one example, ultracool was abstaining in tarot mafia when no one else would; however, in this game he wanted to vote inactive players, which seems pretty different
yeah, i understand. i'm weighing "how close is this to tarot" against "how far is this from cats" and it comes out a lot closer to the first thing imo.
fwiw i don't really think that that specific point is all that damning, like, i'm also used to you abstaining more than not
-m

where i'm at right now with ultracool is that while his cunning plan is highly unlikely to work out, coming up with unworkable plans is very much a thing he does, as the other scum from Cats (2019) can attest. in that game he developed a bizarrely complicated fakeclaim that even we didn't understand, and stuck with it when it had no chance whatsoever of convincing everyone
another thing to add is that, in this case, (i assume) this happened in scumchat, even though he was pretty quiet inthread - as opposed to him publicly working through his thoughts here
-m

tl;dr obviously meta can/does change. but the trajectory stemming from cats is a lot weirder than the trajectory stemming from tarot here.
and now i will go back to doing useful things, like reading what i missed
-m

i have made the Executive Decision that kokorico is mafia-aligned
no i will not elaborate
???
Was this a joke post or serious?

I'm not sure about what to think in regard to Mr UM. I can see where Jack and VM are coming from but I also think their arguments are not super solid. However, his own reasoning isn't super solid either. Mr UM if you're town I don't think your role is as useless as you seem to think it is. You could potentially find one of the maf killers o_o

...being serious, though, I was going to chew people out for revealing stuff this early in the game, but actually I'm starting to wonder whether the traditional received wisdom of "avoid hinting at your role, even vaguely talking about how powerful it is, to stop the mafia figuring out the best targets" is still valid? it seems like many actions have a cost in badges to use, which means they're useless unless you can successfully indicate to your townie allies how useful it would be for them to distribute theirs to you. I don't think I'm quite at the point of wanting to actually claim anything, but... hmm. anyone want to try to talk me into it or out of it?
i'd personally suggest claiming your badge power if you think it's worth it, but the normal power is still better kept as secret at least for now. of course we already have claims..

also about that badge theory, mafia doesn't have any control over who the dead players give theirs to. The only way they could influence it is by gaining town's trust. Unless mafia has a role like badge-stealer? or if VM's power could also redirect given badges onto himself?

rari, thanks for your post, i really like how clearly you pointed out the wewirdness about Zori, and to be honest I am already considering her as a possible vote.

Also I'm wondering if both Zori and Mr UM are a scumteam? since they both seem to be fishing out for roles and badges. Otherwise, if one of them is mafia, their team could be trying to push for the other wagon

he lurked for like 99% of that game so i can't say i have a very solid grasp of how he'd play as scum
i kind of think he WAS playing though, he was apparently active in scumchat
-m
i just saw rari's post, and i was not aware of this

i think that's all i want to talk about UC for now because i've been tunneling a lot on him and i think the discussion should be about zori right now

btw i was writing this post before taking into account a lot of the posts on page 18 since they happened pretty fast. i can understand VM's points now and I don't think he's necessarily maf for pushing Mr UC but I still think Zori has been weirder and rari's reasoning more solid.

Back
Top Bottom