• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Gym Leader Choice Pokémafia 2 - Game Thread

I just really don't like the early push for claims (#115) + suggesting an inactive yeet (#182)
agree that they were kind of weird. in re: push for claims, what made you come around on seshas?
idk that I came around on that aspect of seshas, more like she stopped talking about it and I felt less weirded/bad about her talk on other topics

...but rari's #317 reminded me of all those things i did feel weirded/bad about, thank u rari

I think I like Ultracool/Zori wagons for toDay? at least for now, until/unless discussion arises to change my mind (it is still early in the phase). iirc they're at like 2/2? so I will keep my vote unplaced for the moment and I will place it to rebalance the wagons when they become unbalanced

Zori's posts have confused me more than Ultracool's, and I feel more weird about Zori than UC at the moment. But I aint vote till tomorrow probably.

On another note, on the off chance that rnp isn't lying about his role and the chance that he ends up with the 8 badges required, I can use my copycat to try to prevent mafia from somehow stopping his action? They might not be able to block both of us.

(also I kind of like that on the off chance Zori does drop 8 badges when killed, AND rnp isn't just trolling us, we could... activate his ability with the badges Zori drops, right (assuming they are sent to rnp)? Honestly this isn't a situation that even seems like it could realistically happen, but just sharing my train of thought)

hey @Vipera Magnifica can you talk to me about where you are in re: ultracool? as i followed it looked like your initial 🤔 at him was from this post:
Señor Ultracool, if you claim to have used your watcher action on me, why would you then suggest it possible I can't be targeted?
but then as you say later, he's ~confirmed to not be lying about having some type of watcher ability, so i assume there's some other thoughts you have independently of the roleclaim. could you talk more about what specifically you find "odd" (or actually, not even 'odd', but scummy)

-m
this is just from a pattern of behavior that's pinged me as suspicious, i'll try to summarize in bullet form

also, before i do, i like rari's post about seshas a lot... i had zori/ultracool already at the bottom of my reads list and i would not at all be opposed to voting zori and waiting until later to find out about ultracool

but anyway, about ultracool

- while it seems to me he is basically confirmed watcher, it didn't strike me as the optimal move to claim early unless he was a mafia watcher thinking his role would cement his alignment as town. he also asked blu to claim, which seemed possibly anti-town to me.

- voting stryke as an inactive yeet when we weren't even halfway through D1 doesn't seem like a move that town!ultracool would do

- there are a few instances of UC saying things to appear solve-y that make it clear he wasn't really thinking through the things he suggested... the suggestion that i was untargetable was one, the suggestion to watch himself being another. the latter seemed almost like a desperate attempt to appear helpful

- this may be pushing too much into the tinfoil territory, but i almost feel like the cat puns and cat emojis and sad reacting to people suspecting them is all a part of an act to get us to let our guard down. i have seen other mafia do the same thing in the past, and i kind of have a suspicion that ultracool is trying to build up this facade of an innocent townie. i'll have to go back and find some examples later

that's kind of all my thoughts so far on UC unless I forgot something else. It's not airtight and I think rari's reasons for suspecting zori are slightly more convincing, but i'd like to take another look at UC tomorrow if zori does become the leading wagon. iirc zori said that ultracool was very likely town, which seemed... weird. i don't remember if they had any other interactions

i particularly like the point abt getting ppl to let their guard down cause that's right out of my Mr. Friendly tvt playbook haha
i was going to use your tvt play as an example because ultracool's play in this game looks strikingly similar to that
i think it would be more topical to compare it to ultracool's other scum game tbh, but i see the rest of the points you make
-m

abbreviated chickenthoughts because today's high was 32 degrees and i'm barely conscious- fingers crossed the storm hits soon-

hmm... i also noticed the problems rari/skytini/ysabel are pointing out with zori, but it seems to me a little too good to be true. zori is an excellent mafia player and I just can't see her involuntarily giving up this much evidence against herself. i know i tend to jump to this conclusion an awful lot, but i'm wondering if it may be worth considering the possibility that she's currently an activated alien?

don't get me wrong, i think she's the best lead at the moment, i'm just a little uneasy with the rapidity with which she drew suspicion onto herself, especially after a deathless n0. though i suppose that's also exactly what happened in ooctvt, so... idk. well, you've got the idea.

where i'm at right now with ultracool is that while his cunning plan is highly unlikely to work out, coming up with unworkable plans is very much a thing he does, as the other scum from Cats (2019) can attest. in that game he developed a bizarrely complicated fakeclaim that even we didn't understand, and stuck with it when it had no chance whatsoever of convincing everyone. feels exceptionally similar to what he's trying to do now with the baiting-mafia-to-target-him, with the only difference being that if hell froze over and it worked out, it would help town rather than mafia. atm i think balance of probability is probably that this is in fact a genuine Ultracool Plan rather than an attempt to fake the existence of one.

i don't have a great sense of where i stand on anyone else yet, sorry. except possibly blu, who seemed extremely pure of heart, but then again he always does. i also haven't set up my usual spreadsheet yet so that's definitely hindering Thought Formation. gonna go back and reread vm, at least, tomorrow

For now, I don't like Ultracool's posts so far and I like having him as one of the wagons
What am I doing wrong? Did I claimeow too soon? 😿
i counter with this post from town!uc in tarot
What is so wolfy about me? Should I claim more than being the Wheel of Fortune and giving out free items to whoever visits me like a friendly neighbourhood PEZ- Dispenser?

Back
Top Bottom