• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Phoenixsong
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Alright, then. Thanks!

(Handholding? :S If there were free entry and prizes for each non-DQ'd battler, I think that it might garner some interest, at least enough for at least five people?)
    Would you be interested in being a judge for an ASB contest? The theme for appeals will be mathematics: each battler picks a different theorem (or theory) each round and centres their attacks around it.
    Is there any chance you could host the completed calculator?

(I couldn't figure out how to ask while not sounding pushy so I just came out with it >>)
    It's an arena wherein battlers immediately forget any move that they use, and wherein Rare Candies are awarded instead of experience. It'd fit a nidoroyalty battle because it'd prevent the abuse of Ground-type moves and would account for the fact that all battlers are probably already fully evolved.
    If there's a nidoroyalty battle to take place sometime, I think I may have the perfect venue for it lying around in my arena stash.
    Maybe if we wait a little while for more nidorinas or nidorinos to evolve we can have a nido... battle royale. Haha that was so stupid but I couldn't resist it.

Thanks! Although your bad luck really is unfortunate. I've been feeling... a lot more comfortable and confident about this with some thought. It was pretty unexpected that I beat HighMoon, right? It's not like I pushed myself to fight too many experienced players and lost, so I don't even know how I'm going to fare against you. And I suppose with enough practice I can easily improve my game (see my oldest games of mafia and my newest, except don't because I sucked back then); the Mafia Awards really made me feel great. So even if I lose, I guess I'll get better! I'm not as stressed anymore.

Although that doesn't mean I'm giving up :D I'm still hoping that at next year's ASB Awards "Mai defeating Kratos Aurion" will be the winner for Biggest Upset. Because even I know that would be ridiculous.

EDIT: Also, out of random curiosity, do you actually have intention to use most of the pokemon you have? I was always amazed by how large a team can get, especially if someone buys basic stages or has multiple pokemon of a species.
    Spoilers don't help anything at all; I don't know why I didn't PM that.

A nidoking battle would be cool, though!
    Would it be a problem to you if I was to write an HTML version of your reffing calculator?

(Totally forgot to ask till I was like halfway through >>)
    Oh, hahaha, I didn't even realize that Matsuba was Morty. I mean, all the other Gym Leaders' names were the English versions. But why would I honestly expect any consistency here? (Forgivable if this was written after info on G/S was released but before it was localized, but even so...)
    I know, right? That diary entry was just so wtf. I definitely agree that line could have been pretty awesome, but at the same time I'm not really seeing what would be all that much worse about having a severed head in your salad, rather than in your soup. But what really did it for me was the bit with, "Oh, Haunter's bothering me again, I guess I'll just murder one of my last friends in the world with my psychic eye-lasers."

And then we were supposed to be all touched and sympathetic for the character, I guess? I don't even.
    This is such a perfect example of a truly bad 'fic, though--equal parts hilariously poorly done and really fucking creepy.
    You had me at "Amy Mizuo was her given name".

This... this was given a perfect score?
    Yeah, they offer ways to install pretty much all the major web frameworks out there.

Seriously? It's pretty uncool of them to do that without telling you. Any idea where you would switch to?

I don't want to jinx the name. :P Once I've actually purchased one, I'll let you know.
    Oh, right, I forgot that you totally have someone else's site contributing to those numbers. :P Still, though, that's a lot unaccounted for.

Riiight here. I'll probably try to set something up this weekend; the university wised up and finally pulled my computer account, and obviously the internet would be infinitely worse off without my metronome generator. Hopefully the domain I want is still free. :P
    Ahhh, right, it's October now, isn't it? That makes sense.

Nah, not exactly an artist over here. But whoooah, that's crazy. Am I reading that wrong, or are you saying that the stuff you put up just because and don't tell people about accounts for over half of the number of hits you get? Or are those 300/480 numbers hits to the front page itself, not total hits over all alteredorigin.net/phoenixdex.alteredorigin.net pages?

But in any case, ~300 hits a day is around 3x what I think I could expect to see, tops, so I am reassured that I can cheap out and go for the $2/month hosting. Yessss.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom