• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Hiikaru
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• How is Dragalge, anyway? I didn't think it stood out much, but I suppose it does? How has it been for you?

Tornadus can be pretty powerful, despite it being mono-typed! Prankster sure does a lot for it, and it's a pretty great sweeper! Zapdos is also great, and Articuno with Mind Reader and Sheer Cold is amazing!

And that's true. I actually don't have any experience in programming, so I would really appreciate a programming club to kind of show me the ropes! Maybe that's another thread I should psot.

The only problem with Drizzle is that it rules out Swift Swim, which can be a real pain, especially since Ludicolo is such a great Pokémon to have on a Rain Team! I suppose you could also give it Rain Dish, but still; Ludicolo is somewhat slow.

And that's true; maybe Surf, then, because honestly I don't like Hydro Pump that much thanks to its low PP. I gave Greninja Spikes because it makes him Ground-type, and a lot of people will try to knock it out with an Electric move on the first turn! And that's a great point, with Breloom, I'll make sure to keep that in mind! I'm not sure why I picked Electric; possibly because Breloom is weak to Flying, and it can get out in a pinch. I gave Gliscor Substitute and Protect because Protect fails in succession, and it's a Toxic-staller. I might give it Taunt, though (its Ability does work to heal it, I think).

Here's my Rain team, if you want it:
    Zechariah (Zapdos) @ Damp Rock
    Ability: Static
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Thunder
    - Roost
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

Mallardbot (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
    Ability: Trace
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Quiet Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Tri Attack
    - Discharge
    - Ice Beam

Mariacha (Ludicolo) (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Swift Swim
    Modest Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Hydro Pump
    - Giga Drain
    - Ice Beam

Marina (Azumarill) (F) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Punch
    - Toxic
    - Superpower

Gale (Tornadus) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - Rain Dance
    - Hurricane
    - Grass Knot
    - Superpower

Tempest (Toxicroak) (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Dry Skin
    EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Swords Dance
    - Drain Punch
    - Ice Punch
    - Sucker Punch
    Hm, okay! I'll get to setting it up!

I haven't actually thought about that before. :o I considered putting Espeon in there for Magic Bounce, but really that doesn't fit in a Rain team; maybe Starmie or Tentacruel? Also, I'll put my main team in a spoiler at the end of this post!

And that's true! I originally thought all legendaries were banned, so I feel kind of overpowered using a Zapdos or Tornadus, but oh well. Klefki is pretty great, though.

And that's true! I kind of rely on IRC for that because people's true colours come out a lot more clearly, since most messages aren't thoroughly thought out. Most people into programming or web design around here already know what they're doing, so I don't think they feel the need to share. Other Creativity tends to be interesting, when it's posted in.

And oh! So you use a Drizzle team, then?

Sveirms (Greninja) (M) @ Red Card
    Ability: Protean
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature
    - Spikes
    - Water Shuriken
    - U-turn
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Cards (Gengar) (F) @ Black Sludge
    Ability: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Focus Blast
    - Substitute
    - Disable

Piper (Breloom) (F) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Technician
    - Force Palm
    - Bullet Seed
    - Hidden Power [Electric]
    - Spore

Robin (Malamar) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Contrary
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Superpower
    - Night Slash
    - Psycho Cut
    - Topsy-turvy

Wyatt (Gliscor) (M) @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 244 HP / 252 Def / 12 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Protect
    - Substitute
    - Toxic
    - Earthquake

Boris II (Avalugg) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Rapid Spin
    - Recover
    - Gyro Ball
    - Avalanche
    That would be cool! There should be a thread about it, I might actually make one.

And I have a Rain team, but isn't my main one. Other than Zapdos, there's Porygon2 (with an Eviolite), Ludicolo, Azumarill, Torandus, and Toxicroak!

And oh, I see. Klefki is really great, hasn't it been requested that it gets banned? It has so many immunities, and so few weaknesses. I might end up putting one on a team at some point.

And oh, huh. It does seem that way; maybe I should talk to people a bit more, haha.

Also, do you run a Rain team?
    I'm on Showdown, actually! Thank you for the recommendation, though!

The main problem with it (last time I checked) is that they weren't sure about the Gen VI Hidden Abilities (i.e. my Rain team wouldn't work because they didn't know about Zapdos!), but that's probably resolved thanks to the bank!

How does one lose to Ferrothorn? Doesn't it just take a Fire-type move?

And it sure doesn't seem like it! You know what you're talking about all the time, it seems like (but maybe you only put input on stuff you're certain about? I dunno).
    I can't add more rep to you right now, but, um... +1 Rep in spirit?

Also, I wasn't bothered by you calling me Mohacastle; it's just been a while.
    I probably won't need that Chikorita, but I really appreciate the offer! c:
    Thank you and your sister so much! Have a Bullet Seed TM~

0♂HK7 MPX4C2?... M♀N?4
    ?-X?1 ??T16?5♀ 99JH?
    4NX?C !CP?25Y4 5...2...!
    The missing character is a ?. The 4 is supposed to be there as you said. Thankfully, I took a picture of it. My DS isn't working, so I'm asking a friend to lend me his.
    0maleN7 MR+4C2?? 1femN?4
    ?-??? ??S16?5? 99JH?
    ??X?C !CP?25?? 5...2!...
    The fem is the female symbol. Thanks in advance!
    Cool! I can't wait to get to add everyone, since there are so many cool things to catch :P
    Thanks! I was worried for a bit, as my friend challenged me to restart and play through Y with a team of dragons, and I had already restarted so I was worried I had lost my safari.

On that note, want to be friends? My safari is apparently water type, and has Krabby, Floatzel, and Frogadier as a third after I beat the elite four. My FC is 4425-1657-0708
    Oooh your friend safari pokes look interesting! C:
    I have a special 2-in-1 offer since I'm also gathering friend codes on behalf of my older sister who doesn't go on any forums. My FC is 1650-2210-4496 and hers is 0748-2755-7722.
    I have a bug-type safari with Combee, Illumise and Venomoth iirc and she has a dragon-type one with at least Noibat and Fraxure.
    (I'll add you as soon as I have wi-fi access, which is to say this Friday)
    hey quick question about the safaris don't know if you know but if i were to restart my game, would I keep the same safari?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom