• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

kyeugh
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• So what makes you say I'm a true neutral? (I'd be asking wherever you put me, tbh)

You said you didn't even have to think about it!
    Thanks Nira ❤️ It's one hundred percent okay if you're not comfortable offering input; I wasn't looking for help, mostly just writing my thoughts down.

I'm doing better now, since my bf's been keeping me grounded and nothing really major has spawned here since Thursday.

I think a huge part of the problem is that so much of my life I've been told that I didn't have stuff (my fave is the pediatrician who didn't diagnose with adhd when the test they did came up hella positive) and I've kinda internalized it. My parents have definitely been coming around more to the idea that maybe there's like an actual mental thing happening in my brain (shoutout to them talking to my former therapist about whether or not I have Asperger's syndrome and not telling me about it for like years, what), so that's helping too.
    k but same honestly i'm just trying to keep school out of my thoughts which is hard because i have to start summer reading for AP english SOMEday. also that's how my sister is, but to a lesser degree i guess? she's six years younger and super smart but more of the artistic type and everyone goes "lol u gonna skip grades like ur sister? :-)" and like ew

hEy well i guess that could be a positive?? brightsides, man

SIGH i hope so. i have a few people saying that they think he might just be screwing with me but that either way it isn't really on me to do anything now (since i've told him how i feel and he just ignored it while flirting bigtime w me??) so yeah i'm rolling w whatever happens

mmmmmm okay i gotcha. yeah like i remember the eras associated here with each name but i never fully associated it w you kind of like how nobody's actually going to call me anything other than mewtini (and like my parents know my old username which inspired the series of name changes :^) )
    I have quite a decent amount. In particular, the ones I recommend Radical Remake, European Expeditions, American Adventures, Walking With Dinosaurs, Aves, Carnivora, Reptilia, Artiodactyla, Amphibia, and some others I forgot. Aurora Designs (the team behind Radical Remake), is releasing a Complete Collection of mods they have made, including some all-new stuff {I'm looking forward to the new campaigns they're adding).
    im not even gonna try to respond to that oh dear

i feel that! apparently a lot of teachers think i look and talk like some other fave student who graduated last year so there's that going for me idek

yeah, like if it weren't for the weird circumstances i wouldn't mind graduating early. but aw :((( mom pls???

mainly my low self-esteem tbh

SIDENOTE i just realized i don't know what to call you?? bc in my mind i was like, "yeah wow mohac" but also that takes me back to the Early Days and when it was weird and awkward and hilarious so heLP
    I know of Bangor! I haven't been there myself but I have heard that it's good. I can name about 7 Welsh universities off the top of my head and Bangor is among the top three. Although that's not saying much since the bottom three are awful. Of course whether it's good for you or not depends on what you plan on studying. There's a list here of ranked universities if you want. I'm not sure how accurate it is but you can also filter by subject. (I'd avoid Trinity Saint David. I spend a couple of days there and wasn't too impressed)
    Bangor is only a stone's throw away from LLanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch as well, so there's one reason to go there.

I'm only learning vocabulary at the moment though, very slowly. I don't have much motivation for much else after work. I do find it funny when I retroactively recognise words from anime. "Wait, I've heard that word somewhere!"

Maths is the most rigorous of subjects, after all. It's possible to use homework, just not long coursework usually.
    ...actually I think it was partially my mistake too! I thought I couldn't invite you, when I really could? Well you've been invited now! :D
    You don't live in America? I thought you lived in America! I thought that was why we has conversations about why you spelled certain things the British English way.

I did not know that your girlfriend was Welsh or that you wanted to go to uni there! You can ask me anything if you want! I can't say for sure which universities are better than others but I could give you impressions if you want. Or I could teach you how to say certain words!

I've heard a lot of people recommend Yotsuba&! I think it's a decent place to start because the main character is 5 so the words aren't too complex. But I'll have a better idea when I start reading it.
    I have all of my social networks set to Welsh if they allow it, but I know the language so it's not exactly difficult. I also switch my computer to Japanese when I want to type, but sometimes I forget to turんいtおff

British schools are certainly more test-centric. I've never had homework count towards a final grade except for coursework. That is until I studied in America for a year, but I managed! But its also due to the fact that I studied mathematics - there aren't many extended projects you can do for that since it's not really an essay subject.
    Sure thing! :D It's not letting me invite you, though; it looks like you need to create a writing project first, and then make sure "opt out of cabin invitations" is unchecked!
    I hope so!

I didn't know you were doing German. I kind of assumed in America the default foreign language was either French or Spanish depending on whether you're closer to Canada or Mexico. (Why should you be studying Welsh?)
    I have cone across Genki! I've, uh, "bought" the first book and I've had a look through it. I'm mostly getting my grammat the moment from Tae Kim, though. 4chan's /a/ have compiled quite an extensive guide on where to find self-study material. Progress is slow since I only have time to do grammar on weekends, but hopefully soon I can start trying to read Yotsuba&!. Maybe I should risk restarting Pokémon X or Alpha Sapphire and change its language.

Even though exam time is stressful, for some reason I always find I reminisce about it. Do you have one exam per class or do some have multiple exams? And does your homework/attendance count towards your grade? For me almost all of my classes were 100% graded on the final exam.
    memeium rare (heL P)

oh my GOD bless him he sounds amazing. also i saw your grr thread post and i actually just finished both AP calc classes if you need help i'm here yay

that sucks ahhh. i could've graduated early but ehhhhh i don't wanna graduate earlier than i already will be

yeah! but see idk if he actually likes her or not ??? he's been rejecting her advances since like 6th grade so idek
    or even a méme or perhaps a memé or a Meme

i kinda want to take AP world but my school doesn't have it and i don't care enough to self study. AP gov is super super easy and i liked it a lot even though my teacher was a complete douche. also my school year actually just finished so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i shall definitely let you know! i mean. yeah ofc it is. i've been clean for awhile actually so that's good at least, sorta. i'm officially a senior so hopefully i'll get out of here soonish (and don't worry about like sounding dumb or anything bc i too worry and i appreciate a good worrier)

not really but that particular kid has very little understanding of. like. anything. my crush™ may actually like another girl despite having dropped many hints of liking mE so wtf is my life sigh sigh sigh
    alright fiiIiiIne that works

"90% of the time i was a meme" has a phrase ever better described my life? the answer is No. also lowercase is awesome bc i can randomly capitalize things for Extra Cool Emphasis (help me)

yayay!

it's actually a sophomore class here :o it's super super easy tho. like, the ap test itself is basically akin to a 5th grade history class. i hear our ap english teacher is the same way and i'm scAred (yeah that's "a lot" for me too except i let my grades slip a bit this semester bc aforementioned random sadnesses so i have a B)

yeah! i appreciate it a lot actually and plus you already count as a trusted individual to me so that's like. vv nice of you aaah. but yeah i know and i guess as far as things go the sh isn't terrible but still it's like ... yeah. it's also really bad bc my dad is still My Fucking Dad so it's just a 0/10 combination.

i talked to this one senior about it a few months ago and he was like "i will help u smile!! i will support u yay!" and then one day he told me he didn't want to waste his time on me if i wasn't getting better and then i didn't talk to anyone (until recently when i talked to someone else about it and he eventually admitted i was pissing him off :-) :-) )

but also my crush™ knows about it and has actually helped me through a couple of breakdowns so wowowow
    I've been fine. I still haven't been fired from my job for being useless, so that's a good sign.

I've not really got up to much. I've been trying to self-study Japanese and I've somehow not given up yet (though progress is slow). I did go to a beginners' course late last year but all of the later courses are much more expensive so that's why I'm self-studying.

What about you? Many other exams going on?
    nah maybe you're the winnercase and i'm the losercase

yeah i know! but also i'm like ... incredibly lazy :( sigh. yeah! i either sound vv excited or vv harsh so idk. plus it looks smooth and lax and i secretly don't know how to capitalize anymore save me

i think you were??? i don't 100% remember but i think you mentioned being in europe again. (but yes yay!)

i had one class (ap gov) where we basically had 1 deadline the whole year and it didn't even matter and it was STRESSFUL but i deal with that better than absolute deadlines??

MY CYBERSCHOOL ONLY HAD SUNDAY DEADLINES ???

"skylarpace" incredible invention are you a linguist????????

ahhh well i appreciate that a lot!! my main issue is that i deal with things by talking but i also am frequently guilt ridden so i feel like garbage if i tell anyone anything combined w my insane trust issues wow oh wow. my coping mechanisms are really lacking so to be totally frank there's been a little self harm issue and ppl react to the revelation in many often terrible ways whoops

thanks!!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom