• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Absence Sheet

I know I've been dropping the ball on reffings lately, but I just quit my job and although it's going to take a lot to save my grades this semester, I'll be back at it in and around the miracle-working.

I'm putting this here to reference it later, though: IF ANY BATTLE THAT I AM OFFICIATING IS STILL ONGOING COME MAY 19TH, YOU WILL NEED TO ARRANGE FOR AN EMERGENCY REFEREE. Unless something goes terribly wrong (*knocks on wood*), I'll be heading up to another summer of nine week-long summer camp sessions in-between four-odd weeks of training and/or manual labor. While I will still be around in some capacity, such as giving commands, I can't be reasonably expected to keep up with reffings in the meantime, so after finals I'm taking a leave of absence from Ref HQ until the fall.

I know I've been incredibly inactive here the past couple weeks, so I might as well make it official: finals are approaching and I'm also currently swamped with homework and two research papers. I'll most likely be back and active towards the end of the first week of May.

I have my final exams (the two that I actually need to study for, at least) this coming week; I'll try to get my tournament reffing in but my other battles (only one of which is active anyway) may have to be left without a reffing for another bit

bluh i'm still not feeling too well this weekend. any battles i'm reffing can feel free to seek e-refs

I will be out more than likely this next week (in addition to the absence last week). Work has gotten a hold of me, in addition to school, and I am receiving more hours than what was anticipated when I started my job. Sorry for a slightly late announcement.

Hopefully its just this next week, though.

On top of everything else my computer is fritzing, it took me about 25m just to get on this site. I haven't disappeared, I'm just. Partially transparent.

bluh i'm still not feeling too well this weekend. any battles i'm reffing can feel free to seek e-refs

okay so life update: i am super stressed in general. i've had lots of little things keeping me busy on the weekends, and i'm just constantly pooped after work during the week, so i think i'm going to be taking an indefinite break from reffing. apologies to everyone in all the battles i've taken, especially the tournament. if you haven't sought an (/a new) e-ref yet, i recommend you do so.

I plan on keeping up with the battles I'm in, though. Gotta get those sweet, sweet tournament prizes.

We're driving back home over the weekend, so I'll be offline during that time. I should be back Monday, but in case something goes horribly wrong, you'll know where I am. Relatively speaking.

I have my final exams (the two that I actually need to study for, at least) this coming week; I'll try to get my tournament reffing in but my other battles (only one of which is active anyway) may have to be left without a reffing for another bit
things should be relatively normal now, to those who held out while I failed to ref their battles, thanks to both of you

I will be out more than likely this next week (in addition to the absence last week). Work has gotten a hold of me, in addition to school, and I am receiving more hours than what was anticipated when I started my job. Sorry for a slightly late announcement.

Hopefully its just this next week, though.
I'm going to get at least my reffing out this weekend, but this will need to be pushed out a bit more. Had a bit dropped on my shoulders both in and out of work/school and have just been having a rough time.

I am so so very sorry how non-present ive been recently :(

april has sucked for free time, mainly because birthday, finals and sickness

in sickness news: still ongoing, running a fever atm of around 100-101 :(

so much sorrow, but I promise in the next week or so it will (hopefully) get better, #1 reason is that school is ending

I'm going to be away for a couple of days, have to sort out some real life stuff. It shouldn't be a week long, not in the slightest, so yeah.

after a very interesting week I've spent the past two days feeling powerfully anemic. this has obviously impeded my attempts to write much of anything

I'd advise those participating in my tournament battle to get an e-ref

I'll be MIA for at least a day or so starting tomorrow at noonish, just so everyone's aware. Worst case scenario, I don't show up until Sunday/Monday

Right, I've been putting this off for too long.

It's becoming rather plain to see that lately my time is very strictly on budget, so I can't ref as often as I'd like to. I'm still taking care of the tournament battles under my responsibility, as well as any others of those I might have to pick up, but those whose regular battles I'm reffing can very well feel free to get e-refs. Apologies for that.

Okay I've got a final today and then some stuff to tie up, so now the worst-case scenario is I won't be posting anything until tomorrow. I don't have anything going on tomorrow though so that's something

I'll be drowning in homework for the next week or so, so I may be able to get commands in, but Sangfroidish and Music Dragon, I'm afraid you'll have to wait a little while for the next reffing to come through.

I'm really sorry guys, the end of the semester is a much bigger hassle than I anticipated, what with moving out, trying to head up to camp less than a week after getting back home and my room being a complete fucking mess right now. I'll get to the reffings I still owe people, but after that, everyone should get e-refs, because I won't be able to continue reffing over the summer. I'll still be around to command (though DQ times could serve to be a little flexible, I can't use the internet when campers are around and that's...severely restrictive)

TL;DR If I am reffing a battle of yours, arrange for an emergency referee to take over after I ref the pending round. I did post about this a while ago so I'm hoping this isn't a huge surprise to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom