• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Ash's biggest mistake in the entire 5 series

What's this about Ash "replacing" moves with others? Has the anime actually started using the "only 4 moves" rule from the games or something?
Because I know in the parts of the anime I've actually seen, Ash's Pikachu definitely used more than four moves at a time (I remember seeing Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Agility, and Thunder--that's 5 moves--all used within the same time frame, and it wasn't a consistent "only uses Thunder after this point, not Thunderbolt/Thundershock anymore" thing either.)

Previously it was because it was a Ground-type, and past 5th gen because Pokémon with "Lightningrod" are immune to Electric attacks.

Ground-types are still immune to electric attacks, also, I'm pretty sure...

Catching Sunglasses Krokorok. And getting rid of Squirtle. Squirtle had potential until he got rid of it. This is why I hate Ash.

Catching Sunglasses Krokorok. And getting rid of Squirtle. Squirtle had potential until he got rid of it. This is why I hate Ash.

Why Krokorok, the thing'll be a beast for him.

As for Squirtle, it's the same as Charizard, if he needs it's help, he can call on it for quick delivery.

Guys, the whole point of getting rid of his Pokemon is for them to be happier and stronger. Ash knows that he's not the best trainer, and he wants what's best for his Pokemon. But he doesn't want to let them go. In the episode where he left his Charizard at the Charific Valley, he actually cried when letting Charizard go. He doesn't want to leave his Pokemon, but he wants them to be happier.

Same with Butterfree; He wanted Butterfree to have a happy life with a family. Like with Charizard, he cried when he had to let Butterfree go.

Now the limited anime moveset, that's totally stupid.

Yeah, Pokémon being able to use more than 4 moves is one of the few anime "how stuff works" changes from the games that I actually didn't mind... since it's pretty obviously just a game mechanic to keep things more balanced rather than an actual part of the way things really work in-universe.

I guess that just goes along with the anime's "be as inconsistent and weird as possible" rule, though... Ground-types sometimes being immune to Electric and sometimes not, evolution stones sometimes being needed and sometimes not, baby Nidoqueens, constantly shifting and rarely accurate Pokémon sizes, Ash's never-ending 10th year, and so on.

Actually, I do believe Ash is in his 11th year. There was a Pikachu's Adventure thing in which they celebrated the day Ash and Pikachu met, which is also his birthday.

Guys, the whole point of getting rid of his Pokemon is for them to be happier and stronger. Ash knows that he's not the best trainer, and he wants what's best for his Pokemon. But he doesn't want to let them go. In the episode where he left his Charizard at the Charific Valley, he actually cried when letting Charizard go. He doesn't want to leave his Pokemon, but he wants them to be happier.

Same with Butterfree; He wanted Butterfree to have a happy life with a family. Like with Charizard, he cried when he had to let Butterfree go.

Now the limited anime moveset, that's totally stupid.

Yes, but that's the producer's mistake. Ash's mistake is NOT USING ALL HIS POKEMANZ.Then again all those lil kids wouldn't know how the hell Ash got so many Tauros.

That's another mistake.

Only Ash would go into the Safari Zone with a limited amount of Safari Balls.. AND CATCH ALL THE TAUROS. ALL OF THEM. THEY ARE NOW EXTINCT IN THE SAFARI ZONE.

Selfish bastard.

:P

Not a mistake, more like being an asshole. But what about not accepting to be Frontier Brain? He could have traveled all over like Scott.

Ash's biggest mistake was switching Volt Tackle with Electro Ball.
I like the move Electro Ball though.

Although I really liked Volt Tackle (especially how they drew it), it was an incredibly draining move. Besides, they had to showcase the new move.

Getting rid of Brock. I'm not a fan of the anime, but it's SO MUCH LESS FUNNY without Brock around.
I give up on you, BW.
D:<

Back
Top Bottom