• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Yeah, using it each round. But this way, you'd only need to use it every two rounds.

Anyway, unrelatedly, should a Pokémon's attack stat modifier affect the damage it does to itself in confusion? A 1% difference per boost/drop (rather than my usual 2%) is what I'm thinking.

What happens if dig is used on a digging pokémon?
The pokémon can try to dig into the other pokémon's tunnel, and if successful it will pop out of the tunnel wall and make an attack identical to what it would for a normal dig (attack) command. Whether or not the pokémon will be able to find the other pokémon's tunnel in a single action of digging is up to the referee.

Is it possible to roll rest when using sleep talk, and if so will it have any effect? I know it doesn't say it can't on Veekun, but of course moves work differently in ASB.
Sleep talk can roll rest, but it will just fail.

How exactly does Trick Room's duration work? Using it on the first action of a round and getting to rig the command order to work to your advantage three rounds in a row (without having to use up another action cancelling it with a second Trick Room) would be ridiculous, so I would assume that it's something like "six actions, not including the action it's used on". But I like to avoid assuming.
Trick room's six actions don't include the action it's used in.

Yeah, using it each round. But this way, you'd only need to use it every two rounds.

Anyway, unrelatedly, should a Pokémon's attack stat modifier affect the damage it does to itself in confusion? A 1% difference per boost/drop (rather than my usual 2%) is what I'm thinking.
Yes. Hurting yourself in confusion works the same as it would in the games; it is considered a physical attack against yourself, so attack/defense modifiers are applied as usual. I usually have it deal 2% normally, with an additional 1% for each two levels of raised attack/lowered defense in play.

^So would a confusionfail on a Pokemon with +1 Attack and -1 Defence do 3% damage to itself?

Furthermore, would heightened Defence reduce damage caused by confusionfail?

Yes to both, although self-damage will never drop below 1%, just as damage from any attack can never drop to below 1% (if the attack hit and the target wasn't immune).

Why does Adaptability have the energy penalty for non-STAB moves? 1.25× to 1.5× isn't a huge damage boost; I don't see why it would need balancing out.

Small boosts add up quickly. It's easy to scoop 6-9% extra damage off adaptability in a single round, and considerably more if you've used stat boosters at all.

How much recoil does struggle do? In the games it's 25% the max HP of the user, but.. that's ridiculous for ASB.

Protect blocks everything at all ever except Feint, so.

actually false -- protect generally doesn't block field effects, including perish song, doesn't affect curse for silly internal reasons, is bypassed by future sight and doom desire, and is lifted by feint and shadow force. also, role play and transform still work.

It will. But beware that it can be penetrated by Thunder during rain and Blizzard during HAil.

Wait, how do you figure? That was true in D/P, but it was only due to a bug, which they fixed in Platinum. And in any case, the A&A Guide doesn't even mention it.

Back
Top Bottom