• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Would Round be enough to prevent a 'mon from falling asleep, Rest-sleep or otherwise? Like, the 'mon isn't asleep yet, but trying to Rest/about to fall asleep? How about Water Pulse?

Would Switcheroo work if either Pokémon lacks an item?
Assuming only one of them lacks an item, yes.

Would Round be enough to prevent a 'mon from falling asleep, Rest-sleep or otherwise? Like, the 'mon isn't asleep yet, but trying to Rest/about to fall asleep? How about Water Pulse?
Round from a couple pokémon would. You would need about 90bp sound-based power to prevent a pokémon from resting. Water pulse no.

Hrm. Well, if a mammalian Pokemon, even if it was a water type, forcibly held underwater, would it start to drown/wake up? Would it drown/wake up if water was forced in its mouth/nose?

(wow this makes me feel morbid)

Yes, a pokémon that can't breathe underwater will wake up at the end of an action in which it starts to drown. Any pokémon that can't breathe, if forced to stay underwater, will eventually drown.

Endeavour's description implies that if the user started out with 100 health, for example, lost 60 health, used Restore, and then lost an additional 20 health, then it would lower the opponent's health by 80, no matter what the opponent's health was or how much Restore restored. Is this intentional?

Can a Pokemon tell how big its opponent's Substitute is, and if so, how well can they tell? I want a conditional like "if the Substitute is really big, use $thing, if it's small, $thing, if it's medium $thing". If it makes a difference the opponent's Pokemon has already used Substitute - would that help my Pokemon to be able to tell?

To what extend can the user of Defend Order control its bees? Could it say, get the bees to pick up a small object? Could the bees be used to form a weaker bee-Substitute?

bzzz

Does the twister infused with draconic energy and liquid from Dragon Rage emit light? Can this twister be fired (shot/sent?) upward?

Last edited:
Hiikaru ♥;572510 said:
Can a Pokemon tell how big its opponent's Substitute is, and if so, how well can they tell? I want a conditional like "if the Substitute is really big, use $thing, if it's small, $thing, if it's medium $thing". If it makes a difference the opponent's Pokemon has already used Substitute - would that help my Pokemon to be able to tell?
No, substitutes look the same regardless of the amount of health put into them.

I think it might have been asked but I can't find it, can you use Substitute to heal an existing Sub?
You can't.

To what extend can the user of Defend Order control its bees? Could it say, get the bees to pick up a small object? Could the bees be used to form a weaker bee-Substitute?

bzzz
Not much at all. Neither of those would work.

Does the twister infused with draconic energy and liquid from Dragon Rage emit light? Can this twister be fired (shot/sent?) upward?
Twister would glow a little, I suppose, but not a ton; liquid dragon rage, no. Neither can be shot upwards.

But bees. :( Could the same be done with attack order or heal order?

Could shell smash be used to break off a piece of some other thing's armor, giving the stat modifications to them?

Could that be twisted around a bit for contest purposes? :D Er, could the bees form general shapes off the user's body? Exactly how much could they move around away from the user?

But bees. :( Could the same be done with attack order or heal order?

Could shell smash be used to break off a piece of some other thing's armor, giving the stat modifications to them?
Heal order no, attack order you can control a bit how the insects swarm their target, but not much more than that.

No. Shell smash on another pokémon would be equivalent to rock smash on that pokémon.

Could that be twisted around a bit for contest purposes? :D Er, could the bees form general shapes off the user's body? Exactly how much could they move around away from the user?
A little, but not all that much. Not sure what you mean by "general shapes off the user's body;" could you give an example?

No, that's much too complex. Something like a kind of square-ish thing or triangle, that'd be more along the lines of what you'd get.

Back
Top Bottom