• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Behind the Avatar [SELF PICTURES GO HERE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha, did you miss the memo about wearing neon accessories, Harle?
Everyone looks fab, as usual :)

Um, have a slightly-pixelated pic of me (and unimportant others) at the camping anime con I go to every summer. I'm the one in the awesome/stupid/god-awful hat :D
...and the anti-Twilight shirt.

Haha, no! :P Girls wore neon, boys just wore clothes. They also had tutus on. Now, I know I could have pulled it off, but...

Also Danni you look nice! and happy. It's good when people look happy.

picture001jwv.jpg

Yeah, I look like a dick. Late night when I was bored.

how excited would you guys be if you met your favorite band?

i, for one, nearly pissed myself.

note the fear in my eyes.

ironically, i had already needed to pee really bad. their hometown is atlanta, where i had to get off to drive back to anderson, south carolina. i kind of thought in the back of my mind the night before that they would fly home on the same plane.. but i never thought that that would actually be the case!

oh god, it was so amazing. they - deerhunter - were the last band i saw at lollapalooza, and were probably the best, after animal collective. they put on a fantastic show and were really great on stage. fortunately, even though i was really really nervous, they seemed to be cool with it and didn't antagonize me or anything. they were really great people and i'm so glad to have met them. admittedly, i kept a lot of what i wanted to say - that they were probably my favorite band, that microcastle was probably one of my favorite records, that i went to lollapalooza specifically to see them play, etc. - to myself, but i think i gave the impression that they were at least a freaking awesome band.

long post

jealous. i was there, i saw them too. the stage banter was hilarious... "you know what? we ARE talented. we're more talented than tool... although that guy can suck his own dick"

they - deerhunter - were the last band i saw at lollapalooza, and were probably the best, after animal collective

haha, what? animal collective was awful at lollapalooza. honestly, despite being one of my favorite bands i left their show it sucked so much. they just spent the whole time trying to piss the crowd off and succeeded. :\

Ah! Someone uploaded more photos from France so I feel it's my duty to show everyone. woo.

5340_100500869966789_100000206285624_12013_7774830_n.jpg

Sitting on the Pater Noster steps in Cordes sur Ciel.

5340_100500829966793_100000206285624_12004_3708276_n.jpg

...wat

5340_100501546633388_100000206285624_12202_4790479_n.jpg

Group shot around the fire on Serap's birthday.

5340_100501413300068_100000206285624_12162_5200063_n.jpg

I honestly can't remember if we were meant to be in this photo or not. I think we were, but we were like "...?" at the poses.

jealous. i was there, i saw them too. the stage banter was hilarious... "you know what? we ARE talented. we're more talented than tool... although that guy can suck his own dick"

haha, what? animal collective was awful at lollapalooza. honestly, despite being one of my favorite bands i left their show it sucked so much. they just spent the whole time trying to piss the crowd off and succeeded. :\

i figured the ambient stuff they were doing was normal. honestly, i stayed up until the "fireworks"/"brother sport" combo finale. it was incredible, and worth staying for, i thought; i nearly cried. it took them time to build up to it, and it was kind of unfulfilling up to that point.

honestly, i wasn't enjoying myself at all for most of animal collective because of the crowdsurfing. i was like, wtf, you're going to mosh/slam dance/crowdsurf to ambient music? it was awful close to the front. i nearly got crowdsurfed.. the bros almost started a fight.. i tried to help them crowdsurf, but when i tried they had a girl who lost her panties.. and without looking my hands ended up going up her dress. i felt so bad.. but as pissed as i was about how awful the crowd was, i forgave them once they started "fireworks". the whole crowd started to act like a family up to that point.. i thought, "god, i'm really mad for the crap you pulled, but i know for sure you're as into the music as i am, so we're cool."

tl;dr yeah, i can see how they sucked for the most part, but the finale they played more than made up for it and is pretty much the reason why i felt they weren't a bust.

edit: fun facts.. um.. i almost got swine flu? bradford had swine flu, yeah. i wasn't worried or anything. also, he's not 6'3" like people say.. he was closer to my height (5'11"). that about sums it up.. other than the fact that lockett and josh are really shy like me.

oh yeah, they told me my mom had balls because she went to see my bloody valentine with me the week before.

i'm still smiling like an idiot.

Last edited:
i really hated it. :\ i think i stayed for half their set and i couldn't recognize a single song. i'm familiar with every song on both strawberry jam and merriweather post pavilion, so any song i didn't know must have dated back from before they were even remotely popular, or some b-side that no one's ever heard. i mean i did catch a bit of the lyrics to guys eyes, but even then it seemed to be a bit of an odd variation on the track.

once i left and went to go stake out a spot for tool, i was close enough that i could hear the music from the stage faintly, and during that entire time it seemed like the ONLY song they played was an uber-extended version of fireworks. now i'm told they finished with brother sport, which is obviously an amazing song, but honestly if you're going to play one good song in the set it's a bit of a dick move to play it last.

you say that animal collective is ambient, but honestly on CD they really aren't. their songs don't ever go past the seven minute mark, they've all got lyrics with verses and choruses and whatnot... and why would a band ever be MORE ambient in concert than on CD? everyone knows it should be the other way around. i really wish animal collective had just played a setlist that looks something like... i don't know, bluish / my girls / fireworks / taste / peacebone / for reverend green / summertime clothes / brother sport / etc etc etc. i don't think anyone would have enjoyed that less than what they actually playd.

oh no, they're not ambient on record. the crowd just started to get rough before they started to play proper songs and kept up an ambient drone. i would've loved to sing along to songs (i recognized three.. "leaf house", "fireworks", and "brother sport", though i really only listened to certain songs of theirs to be sure i knew which ones i wanted to get) more than that set, but as it stood, i felt it was a pretty strong showing. then again, i am less familiar with animal collective than you are, so maybe i would've liked it less if i had known more songs beforehand.

My shirt is pretty cool.

S7301227.jpg

by which I mean REALLY COOL!

S7301228.jpg

S7301229.jpg

S7301244.jpg

Woah, if THAT'S you, then either:
1) this isnt you this is my neighbour, he looks that way althuogh he'll never post a self photo no the net.
2) You are'nt 17 you are 12.
3) You're just strange.

Also yeah I need a haircut baaad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom