• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Black & White

Status
Not open for further replies.

(small version - click.)

I think I've just set myself up to be disappointed here.

for whatever reason I'd be willing to bet that these won't turn out to be the real designs

Last edited:
Good designs.

I can't believe we are already on the next games. I haven't had all the fun I can have with my Soul Silver yet! But these new games should be awesome.

Finally! Not only is there finally a chinchilla Pokemon and a zebra Pokemon, but they made Reshiram a Dragon/Fire type! I've been waiting for this moment my entire life. So anyways...

Chiramii: LOVE IT!!! I'm getting one the second I find one.
Meguroko: Awesome gator. And a new type combination.
Shirama: Fuck yeah!
Hihidaruma: Not bad, but not the best.
Mamepato: Nice heartish design. Maybe it'll have an opposite bird that is a hater...interesting to think about.
Munna: It's okay. I think it might be the Mew/Celebi/Jirachi of the region.
Gear: It didn't disapoint, I'll give you that.
Professor: A female professor, eh? I like it.
Isshu region: It looks like a bunch of places glued onto a sheet of paper. But it still looks pretty good.

I'm hoping the morality decisions come into play. That would be awesome. I'm definitely getting Black now; I want Reshiram!

I am IN LOVE with Xikaze's designs. Also with Meguroko, Mamepato, and to some extent, Shimama.
Hihidaruma looks like a lame chunky Chimchar clone to me.
Gear has Plus and Minus as abilities? Well, smoething to go with Plusle and Minun <3

Also, I doubt if anyone ever noticed, but my really old and abandoned fake region's mascots were Yin and Yang dragons. And now the idea is an official thing. It feels odd =p

I'm kinda peeved that the legendaries are Fire/Electric and Dragon, I was hoping those types would be used for regular pokes (besides the fact that those Pokemon look nothing like Electric/Fire Pokemon). Actually, I'm mad that legendaries are even Dragons (again) in the first place.

I really like the ape and the... pink dream eater Pokemon, but all the others kinda suck. The bird is typical, the croc has a interesting type but bad design, and the "Gear" is just fuckin' stupid (instafail if its US name is actually Gear). The Zebra is alright, I guess. Chiramii will prolly be toss up. It has technician and it's normal, but it looks a lot like many past pokemon, like Parichisu, and if it doesn't have an evolution, it'll end up like many past Pokemon, like Parichisu.

Dammit, a female professor. ONLY REAL MEN CAN BE-

Edit: Also, I think it's really typical for them to go with a Yin/Yang theme. But what could you expect? It IS Pokemon, after all...

and the "Gear" is just fuckin' stupid (instafail if its US name is actually Gear).

To be fair, a lot of the Japanese names are just simple English words, especially in the first gen. Drowzee's Japanese name is 'Sleep', Kakuna is 'Cocoon' and Beedrill is 'Spear', Sandshrew is 'Sand', Scyther is 'Strike', Krabby is 'Crab', and Magnemite is 'Coil'. They changed all of those and they'll probably change this too.

Now that I think about it, fire/dragon seems like such an obvious type combo and I don't think we've had one yet. I know Japanese dragons aren't the same as western dragons, but certainly the designers have heard of a fire-breathing dragon. :v

Good point. :v; Charizard's not a dragon-type though.

I would think Fire/Dragon would be a bit too broken for a starter type :/ also there's rumors that Dragon was added at the last minute, hence Gyarados' lack of Dragon type and only one Dragon move and three Dragon types in first gen.

SIGH.

The English localizations are not translations. They have never been particularly accurate as translations. They still aren't. If they were, we'd have Mystery Seed (Mystereed?) instead of Bulbasaur, and Beedrill would be Spear, and Ghos evolves into Ghost evolves into Gangar, and Freezer, Thunder, and Fire would be the legendary birds. There'd be Professors Orchid, Hydrangea, Columbine, Ash, and now Garlic or Onion or something. Team Rocket'd be called a Pokemon mafia. Meteor Mash is KOMETTO PANCHI. Close Combat is IN FAITO. Before turning off the game, you update a Pokemon Report.

None of this has happened yet. Relax. Just because something is in English doesn't mean it will stay in English. In fact, most bits of English in the series gets removed.

I don't think so!! You travel with your Pokemon gaily!

(Apologies for skipped punctuation. opal's keyboard is set to Slovenian. It's hard to use.)

Professor Columbine

heehee

excuse me while I go make a distasteful joke to myself in private

BEST. FIRE AND WATER STARTER FINAL FORM DESIGNS. EVER.

...although I hope the grass starter final form is different.

PIDGEONPIDGEONPIDGEONPIDGEONPIDGEON!!!

Ah-hem... Yay pidegeons.

I want one. Also, the obviously electric zebra. (it could be called "Zapbra") in which case, I was psychic! A while ago, I came up with an electric Zebra Pokemon and named it Zapbra. Other than that... gears? Do want. Alligator? Do want. Piggy bank/ drowzee thingy? Do want. Monkey thing= creepy (and probably another fire/fighting-type, ugh) and Chinchilla= Epic.

I have to say, for a die-hard Kanto/Johto fan, I am thoroughly excited for a lot of these Pokemon, and a lot of things to do with this generation.

Hihidaruma is great. In comparison to the failure that is Chimchar, his design was pulled off very well. I'm looking forward to a Pokemon based on those Russian dolls inside of dolls inside of dolls.

...I swear I'll post my critique later.

It's not that I don't like Hihidaruma, It's just.. compared to the failure that is chimchar, who is admittedly cute, he is creepy looking. And, I suppose I should be happy it isn't another starter that is fire/fighting.

Electric zebras are a painfully common fakemon idea, to everyone who thinks that shimama is "unique" or "surprising" or "omg I had that idea once" or whatever people have been saying. Not that I don't like shimama (though I wish its nose was a little less bulbous and more naturally equine), but... yeah. That's fanservice people have been clamoring for since Gen II, not anything brand-spanking new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom