• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Blaziken or Infernape?

Both of them are awesome pokemon. I'd rather use a Infernape in a battle but like Blazikens design and ideas a LOT more. Blaziken is one of the only fire pokemon I like.
*Is there a poll?*

Last edited:
Infernape, first Pokémon/line I used, and I just doesn't find Blaziken as appealing as the rest of the existing Pokémon fan base.

ALSO: The gal is THIS, THIS, THIS, THIS and THIS picture is awesome, therefore Infernape is awesome, 'nuff said.
(She's the reason I use Infernape to begin with)

I love them both, but overall I'd choose Infernape, because in competitive it's an almost unstoppable killing machine.

I like Blaziken because it has coverage for both Dark and Ice, which my normal team hates.
I use it, and it's very good.

Urgh, I really don't like Blaziken. I don't see why everyone likes it so much. It hardly looks like a chicken at all. Actually, I don't much like any of the Torchic line.
So yeah, Infernape for me. I just like how it looks, battles don't matter much for me. Chimchar is cute too.

Same with Blaziken.

EV it with Speed and see what happens.

Infernape's still a good deal faster, and has the advantage of having access to Nasty Plot, which makes him an insane mixed sweeper. And when you're as frail as those two are, speed takes priority over attack power.

Last edited:
Blaziken's better, but I like both of them. Blaziken to me has better stats and looks cooler.

Blaziken. Torchic was my first starter and Infernape was a poor rip of Blaziken and Primape.

Blaziken. My first-ever Pokémon (I got into the fandom late D:), and Chimchar/evos never appealed to me very much (I picked all the Fire starters except Chimchar). Blaziken just looks cool to me - moreso than Infernape. :3

Urgh, I really don't like Blaziken. I don't see why everyone likes it so much. It hardly looks like a chicken at all. Actually, I don't much like any of the Torchic line.
So yeah, Infernape for me. I just like how it looks, battles don't matter much for me. Chimchar is cute too.

And Pikachu doesn't look like a mouse, Lati@s doesn't look like a dragon, Swampert doesn't look like a fish, Spinda barely looks like a panda... it's okay if you just don't like the design, but "it doesn't look much like the animal it's based on" is not a good argument in Pokémon unless you don't like any of the Pokémon that don't look like their inspiration.

...and how appealing would it have been as a deadly, aggressive cockfighting bird if it actually looked like a chicken, I mean really. Chickens don't look cool. It needs a more impressive appearance than that.

I like them both--I prefer Blaziken, but I agree that Infernape is better competitively and Hanuman was just as cool an influence as a cockfighting rooster, so. Seriously, all this ripoff nonsense... why doesn't anyone complain about how Typhlosion is literally Charizard without wings? They do the exact same things only Charizard has wings. That is the only difference.

Swampert doesn't look like a fish

I'm pretty sure the Mudkip line are supposed to be salamanders of some sort. They even have those external gill things on the sides of their faces that some salamanders have.
Yeah, the Pokédex says "Mud Fish" or something silly like that, but it also says "Water Fish" (redundancy ahoy!) for Wooper/Quagsire and "Shellfish" (um, turtles ain't clams) for Blastoise.

I'm pretty sure the Mudkip line are supposed to be salamanders of some sort. They even have those external gill things on the sides of their faces that some salamanders have.
Yeah, the Pokédex says "Mud Fish" or something silly like that, but it also says "Water Fish" (redundancy ahoy!) for Wooper/Quagsire and "Shellfish" (um, turtles ain't clams) for Blastoise.
They look more like mudskippers to me. The bit about Wooper and Quagsire on that article is interesting too.

As far as the topic title goes, I don't like either. If I had to choose, I'd pick Infernape.

Last edited:
Hmm... I still don't see much of a resemblance to a mudskipper, though the design of the fins is pretty close, especially Swampert's. Mudskippers don't have legs or external gills, though... but the entire Mudkip line has both. So I guess you could say the Mudkip line are "salamanders with mudskipper fins" or "salamanders that gain more mudskipper-like features as they evolve" or something like that.

The Treecko line seems to have something similar to that, also--their base animal is a gecko, but as they evolve they pick up a few dinosaur-like features as well.

That page is pretty interesting, though--I didn't know about the violin beetle, long-nosed chimaera, or mushrooms infesting cicadas before. Plus it actually has pictures of everything, unlike most of the "what Pokémon are based on" lists that I've seen.

In terms of originally, Blazkien is the winner. Infernape is just a crummy rip-off.
However... In terms of game play, Infernape would be my choice. If I recall, I think the fire ape has the highest base speed stat of every fire type.

Back
Top Bottom