• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia: Quest for the Golden Shards

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

Kinova had indeed been easily thrown into a stupor by the droning of the man named George - a glowing rainbow light and a funny chirping noise beside her finally dragged her out of it, and she looked at the spot where Arylett had been standing.

Only Arylett wasn't there. Instead, there was a Curly-Tailed Bird.

... Huh? Kinova thought weakly, completely thrown by this. "Arylett...?" she looked around; the men had vanished, along with Arylett's bag and clothes. Kinova looked back at the Bird - there was no mistaking those Arylettcurls. Or her necklace. "How the hell...?" Before she could finish her sentence, there was a cry from behind her as Princess Eve ran up with her Chocobo, calling for the Queen. "Erm, I think we may have a problem." Kinova said quietly, flushing; while the others had been down in the cave battling the Thing, she had failed to protect the Queen from some guy who had rambled her into a Bird, somehow.

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

She looked down at the ground, in shame.

"Yeah... it's me..." Arylett attempted to say, but more chirps came forth from her mouth... errr... beak. She cursed profusedly, knowing that all the others would hear would be a bunch of angry squawking. And she could just see the Arylettopian Newspapers now! Queen Arylett has gotten herself into another infamous Arylettpickle! Always... always did these things have to happen to her...

The former human sighed, which resounded as a light chirp.

'Arylett!' Eve said in surprise. 'OMG. Lavender please translate her birdlike language'

'~I~speak~Windian~bird~language~and~English~Windian~only~and~can't~communicate~with~this~kind~of~bird~' Lavender said sadly in English Windian.

'Well, we need to find another way to get Arylett back to normal or at least be able to communicate with her!' Eve said.

"Well this... sucks immensely." She continued to look down, chirping more. What would they say in Arylettopia...? Oh she could see those journalists! Their typewriters going crazy at the Arylettopian Newspapers! More scathing articles... she didn't know if she could take them this time around.

Why?! Why?! She began to curse more, squawking shrilly. Why did these things happen to her?! First she fought the Horrid Thing... and nearly got turned into a monster... a creature of darkness... Arylett shuddered at the thought. No... she needed to stop thinking about it...

And then, then this! Now she's a Curly-Tailed Bird and she can't even speak!

The infuriated Arylett pecked at the ground ragefully, without realizing what she was doing.

(Ha ha, didn't notice she could)

'Well, my only choice is to call Lavender's daughter, Violet' Eve said. 'Violet hatched about 3 weeks ago but I forgot that I left the egg in my purse and she stayed in there for 2 weeks. She had heaps of food and of course lots of books to read but she happened to find the book about Arylettopian Curly Tailed birds language...'

"Lavender, take Violet out of her 'nest'' Eve said. Lavender took off her purse and pulled out Violet who hopped on Lavender's back like she wasn't going to let go.

"OK Lavender, tell Violet to ask Arylett to talk to her and then Violet could be our translator' Eve said.

PS: Because I am awfully random...

asciicatzz3.png

(Yeah, but not from this. It's stuck. And besides, I exhausted all of my energy fighting the Horrid Thing, so there's not much I can do.)

The furious Bird kept pecking at the ground. It was strange - she found it oddly satisfying.

Hearing Eve talking, she looked up, realizing what she was doing and seemed rather abashed. Arylett chirped apologetically, then turned her eyes to the new baby chocobo on Eve's chocobo's back. So apparently this chocobo could speak Curly-Tailed Bird...

"Hello...?" She chirped uncertainly.

'So...want to play tag?' said Violet in CTBL[Curly Tailed Bird Language].

*Lavender translates to Eve Skittia*

*Eve facepalms*

"Umm... no. Could you... please ask Princess Eve how the fight with the Horrid Thing is going?"

Arylett looked down at the ground once more, wondering about the others... she still disapproved of their rushing in without a plan to fight and find the Horrid Thing. Gaaah, it was so embarassing and so... so odd being a Curly-Tailed Bird. Her vision seemed a lot sharper and she could see... why she could see colours which she could not even describe. And that was without her glasses! Colours beyond the normal human spectrum... and her hearing! Her hearing was quite odd... it didn't seem heightened, just changed. The antenna on her head seemed to have been able to pick up sounds... so they did function like ears. She rotated them around, back forth... wow, it was so weird having ears on your head. Yet handy.

And her body felt strangely unbalanced, she couldn't quite get used to the Bird's stance that she was in. She kept shuffling about on both feet, trying to find a balance.... it had been a long time since she had been transformed or had transformed at all. So long that... that maybe she thought she had lost the ability.

'OK, Eve how is the fight with The Thing going' asked Violet.

'Arylett asks how is the fight with the Thing going' Lavender said.

'The fight is going bad' answered Eve 'nothing we do can harm it'

"The fight is going bad' answered Eve 'nothing we do can harm it" Violet says in CTBL to Arylett.

(Arylett can understand human English, she just can't speak it. So she doesn't need Violet to translate back.)

"It's... going bad... so why... why is Eve here? Unless... there's something wrong?" She continued to ponder, disregarding her new sensations as a Curly-Tailed Bird. Of COURSE the fight against the Horrid Thing was going badly! That's what they got for rushing in without so much as a thought in their heads! They really should've gone back to Arylettopia, to regroup and create a plan maybe... and also... like that, they would never defeat the Horrid Thing.

For only Arylett could do so. And she was destined, destined to defeat it. Or for it to defeat her.

Lucas watched the events unfold as he rotated around the monster. If only I could find a weak point....
He suddenly noticed a softer and darker spot on the Thing. He ruthlessly stabbed into it, feeling weight lift off as the acid soaked in. That's it...

KP saw what Lucas was doing. "Hey, Eve, how's it going? Think you can get Arylett here soon?" he said, using magic to make Eve hear it, and then ran up and stabbed the place that Lucas was stabbing.

'I dunno' Eve told Phillip.

After a load of translations[because I'm a lazy butt]...

'Everything is a mess, Arylett. I don't know what to do. No one does. We need you to deafeat it.' Eve said.

"Tell her that Lucas and I are getting our respective asses whooped and need her help, and soon would be appreciated." He said to Eve again.

She sighed more, another light exasperated sounding chirp coming from her beak.

"I don't have the energy... I spent so much on my last fight with the Horrid Thing. I'm sorry, but you can't expect me to face it again. The last time... I almost..." The bird cringed, not wanting to recall what had happened. "Well... it wasn't good. Tell the others to get out of there, it's pointless. The Horrid Thing... well, I don't know if it'll ever be defeated. But today is definitely not that day."

Was she being a coward, not wanting to fight it again...?

No. She had been through so much already, none of them could have possibly seen all the things her eyes had seen, none of them could have been consumed, driven mad by the darkness as she had. They didn't know... oh they didn't know...

'OK. Hey Arylett, Lucas and Phillip are getting their respective asses whooped and need your help and soon would be appreciated' Eve said.

'Everyone, get out of there, it's pointless to try and fight' Eve said using telepathic energy to pass the message on.

"Okay, we will." Lucas, Arylett says we should leave KP telepathed to Lucas. "I'm sorry, Horrid Thing, but I must bid you Adieu for now. Until next time, and trust me, there will be a next time, goodbye." KP then ran off, returning to the front of the cave.

'Well...dramatic' said Eve telepathically. 'OK so Arylett NOW WHAT DO WE DO? We went through a cave of monsters and stuffs and got nothing but EXP'

She would have facepalmed, except she had no palms to touch her face with.

Oh how enthusiastic were her followers... quite enthusiastic. But she silently admitted to herself that not many of them seemed to have too many brains... or indeed thoughts in their heads. They meant well... but at times... managing them was like managing a pack of children to which she was the mother to.

"You guys chose to rush into the cave. I take no responsibility." The Bird chirped irritably. "Now we go back to Arylettopia. And we regroup there and decide our next plan of action."

Back
Top Bottom