• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia: Quest for the Golden Shards

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

"Oh, we'll never be able to deafeat the Thing," Cas said as he obliterated another Horrid Minion with the huge sword he had obtained, "Only Artlett can do that. But we can... banish it from our world, temporarily-"

And then a terrifying voice filled the cave, the same hissing, evil voice they had heard in the Throne Room earlier.

"Sssstop..."

And with that, all the monsters simply disappeared.

"Hmm... you are good fightersss... I think I shall allow you to challenge me myssself... if you can find me."

The voice of the Thing laughed quietly and faded away.

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

Eve watched the scene in horror but glad the monsters were gone as she was getting tired and running low on MP.

'So anyone got any idea on where the thing is?' Eve asked to break an awkward silence.

Malbarad was panting when the monsters disappeared. The last of his arrows returned to his quiver, and the glow faded from them.
"Thank goodness that those are gone, at least," he exclaimed. Beside him Raeneudd stood still, and turned her staff on herself. A blue light shot towards her, weak at first, but growing strong. Recharging, I suppose, he thought.

Sapphire ran out of the castle and sent out Hoshikaze. "Look for them."

Then she turned to Negai. "Is there any scent that might tell us?"

He sniffed the ground for a moment, then whined.

"Nothing, huh? We'll just have to wait until Hoshikaze gets back."

"Here, heal your MP with this." KP said, motioning to a shard he had in his ring.

"Well, there are bound to be traps..."
Lucas took out a short whistle. It emitted an almost soundless pitch. A minute later, a dog and cat came running up. "Guys, lead the way!"

'OK, lets go' Eve said to Lavender who obediently followed her up the passageway.

The animals led the way. Lucas was carefully to step around the areas they did, avoiding possible traps. They met up with natural enemies, such as blood-thirsty bats, but those were easily killed by somebody.
They often went a long way down a straight, only to find a dead end. After an hour or so, they came across a narrow entryway. "I think we're close..."

Eve walked and walked. Having used up much of her energy she was very tired and had to ride on Lavender who had plenty of energy left.

The group passed through the narrow passage, but it wasn't as short as they had expected. Soon, they were having to walk in single file, Cas in front with his cloak lighting the way. Very suddenly, the passage became slanted downwards, and Cas almost fell, but quickly regained his balance and carefully led the others down the steps. The corridor began to get wider gradually, until they came to a halt in front of two large doors. They were dark red and had lines id gold all over them, forming intricate patterns and shapes.

"This is the entrance to the Horrid Lair," Cas told them. "We haven't seen the worst of it yet."

Cas raised a single palm at the doors, and a slow, faint beam of purple energy came from his hand. When it hit the door, it split into seven , which fanned out and began to circle around the door, getting faster and faster until all that could be seen was a violet blur. Cas held his palm back and thrust it forward, and the doors burst open with an almighty crash.

As the energy coming from his hand dissipated, Cas turned to the others. "Thingy wrote how he planned to open these doors in his journal. It's not really that complicated, but it is very dark magic."

He faced the gaping doorway, and stepped through into the darkness.

When the passageway slanted downwards suddenly, Lavender simply flew a little bit off the ground to avoid falling. When Cas opened the door and went in Eve followed him in on Lavender.

What... what was that dream she had...?

And... and the Figures...? Why... why were they there? Was it even a dream... or a vision?

The still-woozy Arylett rubbed her aching temples carefully. She felt still a bit disoriented, her mind dizzy and numb. Later, she would think about it later... right now... since her fight with the Horrid Thing... she just wanted to rest. Yes, just rest and take a break. Not think, not do anything, just rest.

She began to undo the various buttons on her Queenly Dress, removing both it and the large ruff around her neck. Underneath she was revealed to have the lighter Battle Queenly Dress. Arylett then removed her Crown, conjuring a bag with which to store her bulky Queenly Dress and her Crown.

...Aaaah, that was much better. She sighed with relief, feeling a slight breeze tickling her arms and legs.

The dizzy Queen sat carefully on the ground, beckoning Kinova to join her. She sighed... the others had been so quick to rush to find the Horrid Thing with so little thought... they should've made a plan of action, some sort of preparation to battle it. Well, that was their problem and their choice. At the moment, she just wanted not to think or worry about anything.

My 'Arylett took off almost all of her clothes' sense is tingling! KP thought.

He walked into the room where the Horrid Thing was. "Come hither, Horrid Thing! I have a flame sword with your name on it!" he yelled. He was ready to fight, sword ablaze.

(Guys I am ungrounded now!)

"So, now we are alone . . . what legends do you wish to learn about?" He asked Prince Timcyduch in a calm manner.

----------------------

The two stepped through a dark passage and heard voices. Many voices were talking. Something abot "the Horrid Lair." they walked carefully and quietly, following the group.

Whew...

She relaxed a bit, taking a deep breath and then releasing it.

No thoughts! No thoughts, remember? Her mind was so difficult to shut off! It kept trying to think about what just happened... but the prospect of reliving that was dizzying, nauseating even. She never wanted to think of the Horrid Thing again... never. The darkness had almost taken her. And... she shuddered momentarily-

NO! No thoughts!

And so she shut off the thoughts.

-----
"So... what's this Queen Arylett look like?"

He sighed in annoyance at his comrade. Hadn't he seen her picture several times?

"Like this, Jeremy, like THIS."

Jeremy's eyes flashed over the photo, vaguely taking in the Queen's round face, glasses, and rather admittedly curly hair.

"Oh right... I'm sorry, I keep forgetting. I want to make sure I see the right girl..."

"Please. Save your story, I know you were trying to ask out all of those girls who you 'thought' were Arylett - One of them was blond. And even you know that she's not blond. You struck out, didn't you?"

Jeremy went suspiciously silent, looking down at the ground. George smirked with sardonic satisfaction. Silly boy, always spent his time trying to ask out the ladies.

He quickly changed the subject.

"So like... Queen Arylett's supposed to be near this... 'Horrid Lair', right?"

"Yes. She is. In fact, we should be finding her very soon, the Horrid Lair doesn't look too far ahead. Of course, our reports could be wrong... in which case, we would've traveled out here with the risk of being attacked by the terrible monster that lives within. Further-"

"Yeah, yeah, I got it." Jeremy waved off George's lecture and sighed exasperatedly. There he went again, on one of his rants! He could make the most simple sentence last over two paragraphs long!

"Wait a sec... do you see that, George... it looks like someone's there up ahead..."

-------
Hmmm...

Wait... what was that? That noise... footsteps. Someone was coming.

Arylett's muscles instantly tensed as she sat completely upright. Indeed, there were some figures... in the nearby distance. Men from the look of them.

She hoped they weren't hostile... Arylett was sure she didn't have the mental state to fight at the moment, her mind was unable to focus. And when her mind couldn't focus, her powers were out of whack. And Kinova... she wasn't sure how powerful Kinova was... she hadn't really seen her in a fight.

"There's some guys coming... get ready to run just in case... they could be nasty."

'Horrid thing, we are ready for battle' Eve shouted out through the passage. Eve got ready with her bow and arrow and charged up her MP fully. She also healed herself and Lavender fully.

Ned slowly unsheathed gis sword, soaked in acid milkshake. He readied it, but said nothing. He heard the others shouting, but kept his mouth shut. It won't kill me as oainfully if I don't taunt it. Unless we survive this.
He didn't believe that they would, though.

"My friends, it has been a pleasure working with you all, though it seems this may be our last stand, we shall overcome this beast, no matter what the cost, and banish it from our land. I am ready to fight, are you? Huzzah!" he tried to say something inspirational to get them through it, and then yelled, ready to fight.

'Well...' Eve said hesitatingly 'I guess this is it, lets go'

((I'm sorry I didn't specify, but I didn't intend the doors to lead straight into the room where the Thing was. When Cas said 'We haven't seen the worst yet', he was implying that there were even worse obstacles to overcome before they found the Thing, but... oh well.))

The Thing saw the silly humans enter. The Kingly-looking one, with his little shiny knife that was on fire. The girl, riding on the back of a bird with a weapon that shot little sticks. The other male, silent, who had smeared his blade in some kind of liquid. And his old teacher, Cas, in that pathetic rainbow-coloured cloak of his.

"So you have found me," the Thing hissed, "And my suspicions are confirmed. You are fare more powerful that I firssst suspected..."

He looked around the motley group again. "But don't get your hopes up, humansss, for your demisessss are near..."

"I don't think so, Thingy," Cas said, sounding much braver than he felt. He pointed at the Thing, and Spektra crawled up his arm, coming to a rest on his index finger, ready to fight.

"Do NOT call me that!" the Thing spat, "I am no longer a petty human, Tical! I no longer have a uselesssss name! I am much more powerful, much wiser, than you ever were, and ever will be!"

The Thing swept a huge red hand across the room and grabbed Cas tight, holding him high in the air.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom