• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia: Quest for the Golden Shards

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

Cas tried to chirp in order to make Spektra go faster, but he had lost his voice in fear, and the insect's eyes could only face forwards.

"Arylectopus," he croaked, terrified, "One of the demons the Thing created using bits of your hair."

The tentacle grew closer... closer...

"Come on, Spektra..."

It struck, pouncing forwards suddenly and engulfing the beetle and its passengers in Aryletthair. Before they even had time to scream, the Arylectopus was beginning to drag them down to the water...

Re: [Blockade Only] Legends of Arylettopia and Moon Land: Quest for the Golden Shards

"Well, the method is only known to the Moonlandik Royal Family." he said, and markings started to form around his left eye.

--------------

"Well-" the guard started, but she was already gone.

...Wha... what?!

Arylett screeched quite shrilly, flapping her wings frantically as she tried to escape the grip of her own hair, but was hushed quite suddenly as she was surmerged into the ocean, choking as water flooded down her beak. She coughed and spat and in the grip of the Arylectopus, but it was all in vain...

Aftera few moments of screaming and fighting, the group were entirely submerged, but still alive, concealed in a strange air bubble in the midst of the hair-tentacle. Cas didn't want to look, but he had to as the Arylectopus's tiny mouth begin to expand and unfold, doubling in size within a few seconds. Soon, it was about ten times as big as the rest of the body - which itself was about the same size as Arylett's castle.

The tentacle began to move towards the huge, gaping mouth, filling with hundreds upon thousands of tiny, sharp teeth. Here and their, the skeletons of long-dead fish and travellers were stuck between the fangs - soon, Cas, Arylett and Spektra would join them.

... You have got to be kidding me. Kinova stared in horror as the enormous Arylettcurl emerged from the ocean and the others vanished inside it; the shape in the water swelled as if pleased with itself as they were dragged down to the water.

Panicking, Kinova looked around the air and sky, searching for anything that could help. Uggh, this is like with the Thing all over again, I'm useless at fighting. There was nothing of use around; hardly surprising given their location. Unable to think of anything else to do, she urged her Bird downwards towards the massive creature in the water, whose back had just broken the surface - and kicked it. It twitched, but that was the extent of it's reaction. As another soaking Arylettcurl came whipping towards them, her Bird swung around in mid-air of it's own accord, almost unseating her, and began clawing furiously at the bizarre tentacle, trying to rise out of it's reach.

At that point the horrified Arylett continued to struggle frantically as she spotted the Arylectopus' massive mouth.

...Holy. Crap.

She nearly gaped... it was the most horrifying thing she had ever the misfortune to look at. Even in the blurred blue depths of the ocean, she could see it quite clearly and sharply defined. At that point, she had become frozen with fear, giving up hope.

In the watery sinking depths snaked another tentacle. Arylett's panicked eyes watched as it snuck towards her... another one of the Arylectopus' many curled tentacles... but... but... it suddenly veered away from hers and tied itself around the tentacles that had her, Castycal, and Spektra all bound...

And then she could see it...

A huge dark monsterous shape loomed towards them... closer and closer and...

It was another Arylectopus.

Oh crap... they really were screwed now.

However it didn't seem to have been attacking them. The second Arylectopus wrapped its tentacles around the first...

...What was it doing?

"Sitting on the dock of the bay... watching the sun roll... Blah, Blah. This is boring. I wish I had an inmate or were out of here..." King Phillip said, and soon after he said it someone stepped out of the shadows.

"Hello, friend." the shadowy figure said. "Whatcha in for?" he asked.

"I am King Ionius Phillip of the great Kingdom of Ionia, and I have been forcefully arrested." The King was a bit afraid of the figure

"Well, that's pretty nice, I killed the previous King of Ionia." King Phillip was taken aback. He had killed Dan Phillip. His father.

"What? My father? You killed him? IT WAS YOU! You were in Aryletopian prison all of this time! I'm gonna Kill you AND Arylett!"

He then ran towards him and tried to strangle him. He grabbed his neck, and brought him up against the wall.

"You like killing people?"

The shady prisoner just writhed and struggled, unable to breath

"HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STRANGLING!?"

More writhing. Then, the body went limp. King Phillip checked the pulse. But his hand went right through the neck. There was no person there. He had just imagined it. He was going crazy.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHGHHGGGGGG!" he yelled, grasping his head, and then falling on the floor, writhing in pain, though there was no pain.

"Why am I here? Help! Help!"

Some guards heard the screaming and came running to the cell. They saw him on the ground. "He's lost it, he's gone crazy." they said, and opened the cell door. They picked him up off the ground and injected him with a sedative. They then dragged him to the Solitary Confinement room. They dropped him on the padded ground and left him there, locking the steel door on the way out. "I feel bad for the poor guy." they muttered to each other as they walked away.

Sapphire sighed, heading back towards home. They weren't back yet, so she might as well have returned. Hoshikaze flew above, and Negai trotted behind her. She took one last look at the castle before heading inside to finish some things.

((Sorry if I overlooked anything, I didn't have time to read the two pages that you guys made.))

Damn. Damn. Damn!

Lucas looked forward and saw Spektra taken down by a... a... thing? It was long, brown, and appeared to be free-forming, but in the general shape of an octopus. everyone but him went below the surface of the water.

Once I get to that point, I'm screwed.

He began to everything he knew to throw up. If the milkshake was out of his stomach, the effects wouldn't work. As he shot toward the ocean like some kind of long bullet, he threw up the milkshake. Too late. He continued to plummet until he smashed into the lake. He attempted to swim, but something... something pulled him under. He snapped his eyes shut. Looks like my luck's run thin.

When he opened his eyes back up, he was in a tentacle of hair. He was fortunate to be in an air bubble. He saw writhing and flailing inside another tentacle. He assumed that the others were in that one. They must have gotten pulled down here, too.

He looked the other way, and saw a long, brown, curly thing. It was... the queen's hair. It had teeth that looked sharp enough to grind 5 tons of beef in a sitting. Wait.. Arylett and the others are in that other tentacle...oh! No!

He was closer than they were and being pulled into those horrible teeth. He shot a look at the group that appeared to say What's going on? How do I get out of this?

Last edited:

Eve flew and flew. After an while she spotted the sea monster. She flew over recklessly for a better look and saw the unmistakable Arylettcurls.

'OMG, Arylett is that you?' asked Eve as she sat wide mouthed at the monster. The monster roared.

'Hmm...say RAWR! if you're Arylett' said Eve.

'ROAR!' said the Arylettcurls monster.

OK, fighting time. Eve got into fighting mode, pulling off her fragile dress, shoes and crown and placing it in Lavender's purse.

Eve started to cast Holy but the monster was too quick. It stretched out a tentacle and grabbed Eve. Eve shot a beam of Holy light at the tentacle holding Eve and Eve sank into the water.

Eve was always VERY scared of swimming. She thought the sea was beautiful but she was real scared of going in the deep dark insides of it.

Eve tried to scream but only bubbles emerged. Another tentacle stretched out to grab her. Eve desperately tried to swim away but as she had never been in any water but when bathing she failed and was held by the tentacle.

She tried to cast Thunder but she couldn't concentrate and ended up hitting the monster with a weak spell that was nothing but a mere tickle.

She spotted Arylett, Spaekle and the others and tried to call for help but they were all busy keeping the monster away from themselves.

Lavender after seeing all the action swooped down to help as she was a very good swimmer but only in shallow waters. Lavender could only swim in shallow water for a reason, she couldn't swim upwards.

Lavender aimed a chocobo kick and it hit but it barely did any damage because Lavender was using just about all her might to stay above the bottom of the sea.

((I don't think we explained well enough, so I'll give you a basic summary of an Arylectopus. The Arylectopus is basically a huge great octopus with tentacles made of Aryletthair. It has a small mouth which, as explained, can expand to ten times the size of its body (which itself is absolutely gargantuan anyway) filled with nasty teeth. If it eats you, in turns all the organic matter in your body (So basically everything except the bones) into more Hair, to make its tentacles grow longer and more powerful. And they do not roar, they are completely silent.

ES, I don't get how you communicated with it (And how Lavender kicked it), as it is underwater, on the bottom of the sea, and Lucas, it's the ocean, not a lake. Also, the bubble of air I mentioned is not floating around the lake, it is trapped in one of the tentacles - so Arylett, Cas and Spektra are still in the grips of the Arylectopus, but in an extremely fortunate bubble of air.

Also, ES - 'OMG'? Would someone in medieval times really say that?))

Cas watched, half in awe, half terrified, as another Arylectopus emerged from the darkness and began to wrap its tentacles around the first. Then he noticed Kinova, Lucas and Eve, all also being dragged under the water.

But the first Arylectopus seemed too busy to worry about grabbing them at the moment. It too was constricting the others with its tentacles, and Cas wasn't too sure whether they were fighting or mating.

((Fixed))

Lucas took a moment while his attention switched. There's another one there, but what's it doing? Fighting the other one? Does that even make sense?

((Eeeh, sorry to be nit-picky, but the teeth aren't what is made of hair, it's the tentacles))

((Oh, I thought the whole thing was made of hair. Anyway, fixed.))

The Curly-Tailed bird's mouth nearly gaped once more as she watched in horrified awe as the second Aryletecopus' tentacles tightened on the first, they seemed to have been constricting it quite tightly...

What was going on?

Her heart was jumping, nearly threatening to explode out of her chest as she watched the two beasts with anticipation. A bit of hope began to come back to her... maybe they were saved after all.

(Eve thought it was Arylett)

'Not another one!' Eve cried out as the second Arylectopus came.

((Hang on, the Arylectopuses are absolutely huge. As in, about the size of, say, a small city.))

The first Arylectopus began to loosen its grip on its prey so it could focus on attacking the other one, and Spektra managed to wriggle out - but wasn't very used to swimming. Cas quickly cast a weak air bubble around them, and Spektra began to swim-slash-glide towards the surface - but another, smaller tentacle shot out and loosely grabbed them. the Arylectopus wouldn't let its prey get away that easily.

((Okay, screw this! I'm gonna bust out.))

King Phillip started working out. Working and working. He kept punching and kicking the walls, even though they were relatively cushy, after a while they hardened and helped him get even stronger and stronger. He practiced for hours and hours on end. He wouldn't give up, and he supposed, that some of the magic from his ring or his training had helped him, but he got extremely powerful.
He then tried to break down the door. SMASH! SMASH! he rammed his elbow up against the door and put all of his weight into it. Eventually, on the about 10th try he rammed up against the door and it fell down. He ran out the door and, realizing that someone would have heard that he grabbed his sword and ring and put them on.
He ran up the stairs and drew his sword. Some guards ran down the stairs to attack him and he hit them with his sword, slicing them and hurting them. He ran past them, encountering some resistance on the way. He finally got to a courtyard and activated his magic ring. He flew up and started going fast. He dodged some crossbow shots and went at superspeed. He stopped at the entrance to Arylettopia. He flew overhead and dropped a note that he had conjured up on his way there. It read:

If the others that came with me come back, tell them that I am in Ionia.

King Ionius Phillip

He then flew at top speed towards Castle Ionia. He landed in the courtyard and went inside. He told his adviser that he had returned, and then he went to his quarters and laid down and fell asleep.

((I sense a yelling-at coming...))

How long can I stay here? I'll eventually run out of air.

Lucas drew his sword. He attempted to slice it open. After all, it was just hair.

He slashed and sliced, and eventually carved a small hole in the hair. As water rushed into the relatively small air bubble, he pushed out into the open water and tried to swim up. He saw Cas trying the same thing, but a tentacle snatched him up. The very same tentacle snapped toward Lucas and did the same thing. He saw Cas in the same place as him. "Do you think we're going to die here?"

(... ;;Nearly explodes with anger;; No... patience Arylett... patience! ;;It fails;;

What did I say to you before, Phillip?! What did I say?! Not everything can be so convenient, goddammit!

Okay... phew... got that out. Still though, I mean it. Freaking hell, you have NO PATIENCE AT ALL. You didn't even notice the post I made about them throwing someone new in jail, a drunken guy. What the hell? If someone was thrown in jail in real life, THEY WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PUNCH THEMSELVES OUT SO EASILY. What if the bars are extremely strong? THEY ARE MADE OF FREAKING /STEEL/ and wouldn't they be magically enforced as well to keep mages from escaping? I don't care what you say, magic or whatever. HE HAD HIS RING, WHICH IS THE SOURCE OF HIS POWER, TAKEN FROM HIM. He should be weakened, right? Then all of a sudden, he got extremely powerful from practicing for punching for hours?

Shouldn't his fists at least be bleeding? Shouldn't he be EXTREMELY weakened even if he did break out? How can he just punch some freaking STEEL BARS and make his way out without even so much as a flinch?! His magic ring... oh, it healed him. Bull crap. His magic ring is too OVERPOWERED. And not everything can be damned convenient!

And what?! What is this?! How can he overpower the guards SO EASILY?! He dodged all of their shots at superspeed? Oh because of his Mary Sue-ish Ring which gives him the power to do anything he wants because it's magic!

No. You're really pushing my patience.

;;Breathes;; I'm sorry I had to be so mean and so angry, but /come on/. I mean, Jesus Christ. Not. Everything. Is. Convenient. Life. Has. Problems. And. A. Good. Story. Is. Only. One. That. Has. Problems.)

Some hope had gathered within Arylett... perhaps they would make it after all.

And then she saw that the Arylectopus wasn't going to let them away, her heart sank back down immediately. She chirped anxiously.

However the second Arylectopus seemed irritated by the first's blatant move on what it considered its prey. It wasn't about to let that stupid first one have all the food! It tightened its iron grip on the first Arylectopus, letting loose one spare tentacle to restrain the first one's that was grabbing its prey.

...Why was that Arylectopus saving them?

Back
Top Bottom