• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Calling all spriters!

Well, I think WW has already left for his vacation or he is about to so I'll critique it. It looks a little flat with the shading and the outline is a little shaky. The left hand could use some work. It's a little large plus some other outline problems.

Other than that, gret job. I like the concept but it needs a little work.

Yeah, sorry for not criting, as Tropiking said, I've been very busy lately, packing and makin sure I've got everything. I have to leave Sunday but don't fly off till Monday and so will probably not be here for a while.

Well, since the sizes are no longer 64X64, I'll resubmit my trainer sprite and overworld sprites.
picture.php

image.php

I've been meaning to ask you what pokemon from previous generations will be included in the game. If at all possible, I'd like my team to be Umbreon, Milotic, Alakazam and Breloom.

May I be a trainer?
First Route:
Level 2 Wolsol-w/Cute Charm
Tackle
Growl

Victory Road:
Level 52 Starblast-w/Sitrus Berry-Volt Absorb
Ice Beam
Water Pulse
Double Team
Earth Power (learns through move tutor)
Level 57 Wolsol-w/Chople Berry-Cute Charm
Crunch
Bite
Double-Edge
Thunder Wave (TM)

I'll get the trainer sprite in soon. Can you add the other Pokémon? *stuck for ideas* I want Staraptor, at Level 53, though. Can't decide moves.

Terry, first of all I need to build up the game's systems, (at the mmement I'm working on tile movement system which makes you walk in tiles because at the moment you can walk freely, upways, downways, sideways and any other ways you can think of).
Also, I don't think that if you were a trainer in victory road, you wouldn't still have a Wolsol.

EDIT: I've been thinking, since it's going to be ages (I think at least a year) before the scripts for the new game be finished and usable as I don't have anyone working full time on the scripts. So I was thinking that'll I'll probably make a gba version of Pokemon Aotearoa by hacking Fire Red, as I'll be able to finish it before the new game will even be usable. Also, by that time, there will probably be DP hacking tools (there's already stat and I think evo editors), as I know of some tools that are already being worked on, and so will be able to upgrade it to DS. And then if my new game gets all it's systems done, I'll upgrade it with loads more stuff.
So, as it stands, any sprites recieved will need to 64x64 and if available, please provide 80x80, so that they are accessible when I start upgrading.

Last edited:
Well, I think WW has already left for his vacation or he is about to so I'll critique it. It looks a little flat with the shading and the outline is a little shaky. The left hand could use some work. It's a little large plus some other outline problems.

Other than that, gret job. I like the concept but it needs a little work.

What do you mean, flat? I couldn't put any more shading on the body, otherwise it would mess up the sprite! And its hands are supposed to be large. And what do you mean when you say "shaky?"
The only reason there are outline problems on the left hand is because it would look weird if I changed it, and it has to be so small...

I'm sorry if I'm being unreasonable. I admit that I'm rather ambitious and don't like it when I'm looked down upon. But, it's just my nature. I don't know how it started, but oddly...

Wait! No, it doesn't have anything to do with that... or does it? Sometimes it does, so perhaps...

EDIT: Here's the sprite:

Felispar.png

I also have a weird habit of talking to myself.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I was in hurry and didn't give a very good critique. What I meant with the shading was that it could use a bit more shadow on it. With the hand, the left one the fingers look a bit odd. I don't know how to describe it any differently.

For the outline the left arm has a broad shoulder while the right looks like it doesn't have one at all. The thing around its waist looks a little squareish (I don't know if that's what you were going for). The head could be moved to the right a little bit. Also, on most sprites the right leg is further out than the left. The left leg is only a few pixels lower than the right on yours but it makes all the difference. If it's stretching out its left leg than forget this last comment.

Hopefully thats a little better of a critique. Once again I love the design. It's a great Fighting type. I could revamp the sprite if you want and I would love to do a pre-evo for this one, but it's your design so do what you want with it.

What do you mean, flat? I couldn't put any more shading on the body, otherwise it would mess up the sprite! And its hands are supposed to be large. And what do you mean when you say "shaky?"
The only reason there are outline problems on the left hand is because it would look weird if I changed it, and it has to be so small...

I'm sorry if I'm being unreasonable. I admit that I'm rather ambitious and don't like it when I'm looked down upon. But, it's just my nature. I don't know how it started, but oddly...

Wait! No, it doesn't have anything to do with that... or does it? Sometimes it does, so perhaps...

don't feel bad about that. I seriously see reactions like that everywhere, sometimes from me.

No, I'd like to do it by myself. And I think I want it to be a stand-alone.

But what do you mean the left leg is "lower?" How would I fix the feet? I know its left leg looks longer than its right leg but other than that I don't see what's wrong.

And it looks like it doesn't have a left shoulder because it's sticking its arm out, but I should fix it, otherwise it looks awkward.

New image:

Felispar1.png

And I don't feel bad about it! I like my flaws! :D Even though some people don't understand me because of them and I get in trouble because they always either jump to conclusions or misunderstand me :/

Well, I'm not sure about the gba hack version but I think my friend nows an emulator with online capabilities, I'll ask him next time I see him.
The DS upgrade (if there is one) will work on the same systems as DP and so you should be able to do Wi-Fi and all that.
The Sphere version (if I get all the systems up and running) will have online if I can (or someone else) make a network system.

I'll be an Elite 4 (preferably number 4)
NORMAL TYPE
Lineup:
Persian Lv.60
Kangaskhan Lv.61
Absol Lv.60
??? Lv.62
Bibarel Lv.61
??? Lv.62

EDIT-May I have the Sphere download link and site link, please?

Back
Top Bottom