• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Calling all spriters!

About Palmee, in my defence I was just working off of FMC's artwork but thanks for the advice, I'll change some things such as your suggestions and Kai's and I'll see what I come up with :) Also Kai, about the colours, I wanted them to be different to Tropius cause of what Grimdour said but thanks, I'll be changing the colours as well. Better get to work on it :)

*pops in* About Palmlee, I'll admit that that the picture I showed is very horrid, and the yellow on the neck were supposed to be buds (like, for flowers?)

I can try to tweak it a bit more though.

sorry i took so long. i kept forgetting to work on them.(i remember threads by forum, and my sprite thread is dead, so i forgot to check in.)
bu here they are!
forwolf.png

by the way, is there going to be music in this game? i could help with that very well.

Since I've been lazy with scratching for the past month, I've made a cute unnamed Normal-type. It fits in both FR/LG and DP, too :3

Normal-type.png

Data and back sprite coming later.

Or maybe I should look at it in Dewgong style. No, my eyes will burn out from being in Roar of Time... Bleh.

Okay, other than that the black lines look like you just put them in random places. Either get rid of them on the tail, or make it a black line. Woo? =D

Ah, thanks. All get that done after school (since I only have twelve minutes). Watch for the updated version.

EDIT: Never mind I did it now :)

Normal-type.png

Last edited:
New scratch!

Sevant [sever + ant]suggestions for new name welcome
Bug-type

ant1.png

Back sprite coming soon.

Soldier Ant Pokemon
Height: 10 inches
Weight: 3 pounds

Ability: Swarm

Pokedex entry:

Its legs have sharp spines on the back that can cut through wood. It makes its nest in the trees it cuts open.

Moves:

Level 1- Leech Life
Level 1- Leer
Level 8- Fury Cutter

Evolution (the below is an image):

text1.png

Last edited:
"Femono" for the queen ant? Sevant sounds ridiculously close to Servant, if you ask me. But maybe you were going for that.

Well.. the eye is square. And maybe you could name it... no, never mind. =P

...You're right, but that kind of fits, since it starts as a worker ant and all...

How is this? I only had to fix two pixels :D
ant1.png

I'm still working on the other sprites....

The third section looks a little flat and did you use a a dark red on the outline? It looks like it's an all black outline.

I know it's been awhile since I've last posted but I've been kind of busy lately.

I haven't been totally lazy though. Tell which one of these you think is the better sprite and/or which looks more like a Marowak evo. They're basicly the same, just a few alterations.

Marowak_Evolution_by_Tropiking.png
and
Slaskull_Alteration_by_Tropiking.png

Also, tell me what you think of my Blastoise scratch.

Blastoise_by_Tropiking.png

^Nice, and not just because I like Blastoise.

I have an idea for a fake, I'll post the sprite when I finish, but here's a pic.

electriceel26373.PNG
An electric eel, color is up for debate, I reserve the rights to use it in a fake region or something if I si choose, etc.

Marowak evo: First one, second is fat/Machoke-ish.

Blastoise: Its chest is kinda.. big? FAT

Blastoise's scratch: All black outline, but you said it wasn't the actual, so. Well, maybe you could add something to the eye to make it look less dead. Unless its' see-through.

=P

Back
Top Bottom