• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

According to post history and the "last seen" bit of their profiles, Tofu, rari_teh and M+7 were online during roughly the same time frame today (4:30AM GMT). This could be a coincidence, or maybe not... if they're all mafia, they might be discussing something on their private mafia chat.

Vipera Magnifica and RedneckPheonix have been online, but haven't posted anything. Mr. Ultracool is watching (or more accurately, reacting) from the shadows. Lying low...? Superjolt and Butterfree haven't posted due to real-life things holding them up, so they're free from suspicion for now.

are we supposed to be considering people's online status / activity? feels a bit cheaty as it's outside knowledge

are we supposed to be considering people's online status / activity? feels a bit cheaty as it's outside knowledge

just ftr I'm not trying to have a go at you myuma, just wanting to clear up what the acceptable parameters of the game are

:D myuma is another animal crossing cat bro!! The squad assembles

In response to Keldeo asking about thoughts, here's what I've got!

-Keldeo is my hypocop clear of course.

-I feel good about mewtini because she is very solvy rn and trying to puzzle things out with us. Still needs pats tho ;o; Nooo self-depreciation!! You did great last game imo! Pwease no feel bad

-I have some suspicions about Seshas for some reason 👀 Could just be unfounded based on my earlier WIFOM tinhatting however! As far as I can recall, they didn't actually respond to my tinhatting (not that WMG deserves much of a response)

-kokorico's put some good thoughts out there in eir analysis post! Even if I'm wary of Seshas compared to kokorico, I respect eir thoughts on the matter. ^^ Agree about the Emmy thing

-kyeugh/qva feels alright to me so far. No super strong feelings but we'll see!

-Herbe is of course my AC bro >:o Tangyyy!! I wanna trust Herbe LOL

-myuma trying their best with the limited clues we have, which seems towny. :D Not sure how I feel about putting weight into online status but the effort feels towny. Also AC bro!

-IndigoEmmy feels different as I've mentioned, but again, could just be getting used to more mafia games. She hasn't really tried to contribute to any Vibe Discussions or speculation as of yet if that's worth noting.

Also if folks need help with cats lore I can help
ILS, Lorekeeper of Cats...!

@I liek Squirtles Rari said they thought Mawile could be the flavor Gus based on the blurb, do you think that'd make sense?

I think yes, though there isn't much to go off of besides the chair, which is where Gus is for about half his number in the show. Not super sure though.

As for my own thoughts on people, seshas pinged kinda towny for me? They were being helpful and explanatory. Now I realize that's pretty flimsy but. Yeah.

I am here now

sidenote it almost sucks being town cause i gotta actually look out for town's best interests and not just like, shoot and derail. i can't meme all the time all the time :/// but i will still meme plenty!!
Greater than random chance of being town

Just finished catching up! I'll split thoughts into a couple of posts so it's not too much of a wall, but first I think everyone should read this extremely important article about cop cover. 😁
been there, done that :P

[Re: Kyeugh]
@mewtini @Seshas Can you expand on this read for me? I agree she'd been making more jokes and stuff here, and I think I agree on her for separate reasons, but the SOD atmosphere here felt pretty diametrically opposed to TVTropes in content density.

[Re: Trebek]
I'm not entirely seeing this one, can you rephrase or tell me more?
[Re: Kyeugh]
Fair enough
They didn't gut-ping me as fake-ish like they did in TvT though

[Re: Trebek]
The stated desire to solve in itself is more likely to come from town
But I don't see mafia stating that, and then openly not coming up with anything, given how much information they have at game-start

@Keldeo
Based on the fact this is Cats (2019) Mafia, the mafia members are probably Macavity (the film's antagonist, correct me if I'm wrong) and his cronies. According to post history and the "last seen" bit of their profiles, Tofu, rari_teh and M+7 were online during roughly the same time frame today (4:30AM GMT). This could be a coincidence, or maybe not... if they're all mafia, they might be discussing something on their private mafia chat.
I feel like this is way too hardcore to come from mafia

Any thoughts on whether the uhhhh old geezer cat would have had a specific role? Someone speculated that Mawile may be the geezer due to the flavor text (terrible at remembering names, I'm sorry!)
When I said Gus, I was thinking of Bus (the fat cat who digs the restaurants’ trashcans for food), not Ian McKellen (poor guy)

was just trying to get him to talk since he was the last person left that has definitely been Around but hadnt posted yet
He did the same thing on TVT IIRC? He was active on the forums for the entirety of D1 but didn’t show up until the last hours of the Day

I don't have the best grasp on her wolfgame, but from what I remember it felt a bit more agendaed, like she wants to get stuff done and push things with her posts.
I have the same feeling. Thoughts™ incoming in another post, soon™

Based on the fact this is Cats (2019) Mafia, the mafia members are probably Macavity (the film's antagonist, correct me if I'm wrong) and his cronies. According to post history and the "last seen" bit of their profiles, Tofu, rari_teh and M+7 were online during roughly the same time frame today (4:30AM GMT). This could be a coincidence, or maybe not... if they're all mafia, they might be discussing something on their private mafia chat.
I don’t really feel like posting when I don’t think I’ll add to the discussion and the thread yesterday was pretty much only memes and cop covers (I’m glad we’re starting to try to sort things out now btw – not to shit on memeing, don’t get me wrong, it’s just that we’re on D1 and our first lynch will have little context to it unless something mad happens)
That and, well, the forums are much more than this thread, innit
I understand where you’re coming from, though, because I won’t lie that I sometimes also take a peek at the Currently Online list, but that’s too flimsy of an evidence to point mafia fingers imo

I don’t really feel like posting when I don’t think I’ll add to the discussion and the thread yesterday was pretty much only memes and cop covers (I’m glad we’re starting to try to sort things out now btw – not to shit on memeing, don’t get me wrong, it’s just that we’re on D1 and our first lynch will have little context to it unless something mad happens)
That and, well, the forums are much more than this thread, innit
I understand where you’re coming from, though, because I won’t lie that I sometimes also take a peek at the Currently Online list, but that’s too flimsy of an evidence to point mafia fingers imo
reading back, this may have come up as a bit harsh, which I did not intend. if it did so, my apologies.

rough thoughts, brought to you by TV Tropes™:

- mewtini is my hypo n0 green, but even in the hypothesis that I’m not a cop, I’m vibing well with her postings
- kyeugh is playing very differently from TVT – as Keldeo & Co. already said, she’s feeling much more laid back and memey, nowhere near her accusatory game in TVT. this could be her playing 4D chess to clear suspicions, but that’s too wifom-y and frankly I’d better not walk the paranoid path
- Keldeo is playing pretty much like he did on TVT imo? like, he’s giving out his thoughts, encouraging people to do so and moving conversation forward. likely town
- Emmy is indeed very different from her TVT self, but I don’t think she sounds like someone who’s being oriented by a scumchat
- kokorico is also a bit different from TVT? I feel like e’s not giving out unique takes as e was there, but then again that’s probably just em legitimately agreeing with the majority
- Blu has come off as pretty pure for me. I townread him slightly more than the average
- Herbe is vibing town, but so he was in TVT before the Mawile Incident™, so I’d rather push him towards my null pile
- I might be missing something, but I feel like Seshas is being less solvy than she was last time? I don’t know how her wolf game is and she’s definitely a strong player, so while I don’t really have anything for or against her, I’ll be sure to watch her out closely

I was going to finger-of-suspicion kokorico for his attitudes towards the flavor spec and meta, but I think his lack of scumreads is more town-indicative than not
Since scumreads are probably seen as integral part of solving?
This read will change over the course of the day

Well, it looks like my conspiracy theory has been shot down. I don't think it's as convincing if less than three people were online at the same time. To me it seems like the people who lie low are usually mafia. Hopefully I didn't insult you too much, rari! Your reasoning to not post makes a lot of sense tbh.

Also, Blu & Herbe - I'm happy to be part of the acnh club :D though I don't own the game... :'(

ok i guess i'll just haphazardly listify it, i am barely awake so sorry in adv for screwups (i still refuse to proofread for some reason?) but i by and large agree with rari's list i think. list is sorted somewhat, from high-to-low (higher = townier, lower = less so) w the caveat i really do not feel that strongly about most of you guys yet so the disparity between highest and lowest is pretty shallow.

but i'll feel left out if i don't make a reads list so here we are

the queen: @Eifie even though i totally just overtook her reaction score \o/!!!!!!!! bow down!!!
townleans:
- rari (hypocheck). if she weren't my check, i'd be feeling null-to-fine about her still, mostly just because i like that i agree with her takes right now and because she also vocally wanted town to keep up cop cover; not-hypocop!me's read mostly just depends on her continuing to post
- bluwiikoon is feels like this game's indigoemmy i think. pretty much agree with what koko said, he doesn't seem guarded in the way that i'd envision a newbie wolf to be
- skylar, for reasons pretty much already stated; more relaxed, seems to be putting less effort into seeming down-to-earth, etc than in tvt
- seshas is giving unprompted reads which feels good to me. however she and keldeo are the two on this list in my "I'm Scared of Their Wolgfame, for I Have Not Seen It Before" box, so i'm on the lookout
- herbe is just relaxed/memeing similarly to skylar, but he also was way closer to that in his wolfgame than skylar was, so he gets to be a few spaces below her
- kokorico - idk how e plays as town, but e can be here for the readlist
- myuma gets to be here for their online activity solviness and eagerness!
null, among those who've posted (not including as-of-now inactives, or barely-actives)
- keldeo, mostly because i'm scared of him and i don't know his scumrange; it feels like his guiding-discussion strategy could appear as either alignment, and i don't really know his meta :p will hopefully sort this out as time goes on
- ILS, above trebek because of his flavorspec, but pretty null
- trebek, i explained earlier that i gut-read him as pure town but i got swayed back out of it when i actually put myself up to giving reasoning to keldeo :p and i think his early posts read like they could come out of either alignment from him
- ultracool - no reason, just haven't seen much, but he did play fairly passively as town in tvt

Back
Top Bottom