• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cats (2019) Mafia

Oh i'm singing my Abstain song! Doo doo doo i will sing it all day long. Doo doo doo it's fuuun! To AAAAAbstain!
my voooote

issssss

ABSTAIN

Olé!

Why AbstainingTM is not generally good for town

An important factor to balance around when making a game is not Kills on Scum and Kills on Town (which dictate the course of the game)
Instead, it is important to focus on Kills Controlled by Scum and Kills Controlled by Town.
Kills controlled by town can hit town, but kills controlled by scum almost never hit scum
so we want, as town, to have as many chances to hit scum as possible
and we do that by taking control of as many kills as possible

Why AbstainingTM is not generally good for town

An important factor to balance around when making a game is not Kills on Scum and Kills on Town (which dictate the course of the game)
Instead, it is important to focus on Kills Controlled by Scum and Kills Controlled by Town.
Kills controlled by town can hit town, but kills controlled by scum almost never hit scum
so we want, as town, to have as many chances to hit scum as possible
and we do that by taking control of as many kills as possible

I'm still singing the Abstain song. laaa laaa laaa
i don't want to murder innocent peopleeeee

Out of curiosity, are vigilante roles fairly standard/common for vanilla mafia games? I'm wondering if by day 2 a vig may decide to target someone based on current spec :o

Out of curiosity, are vigilante roles fairly standard/common for vanilla mafia games? I'm wondering if by day 2 a vig may decide to target someone based on current spec :o
that would be kinda hot tbh
the two games i've been in have had a vig, though in tvtropes it was by divine intervention/not originally that way i think (my 15-person MU game had two people who were each, like, half of a vigilante)

on ToS 2-Shot Vigilante is staple
In Vanilla, it's fairly common? in ~1/2 of games

What's the most likely w/v dyad right now? I suppose we could always take a stab at one of those and let the vig take out the other if we're wrong

I feel that mislynches definitely still advance the game, since people can then look back at whomever voted and have more things to analyse ^^ Can definitely still understand where people on the abstain train are coming from though - self preservation vs uhhhh moving things along at a Cost

myuma? Really? After the checking-people's-online-times thing? I get that it's not necessarily alignment-indicative in itself, but it just comes across as posting whatever she can think of in an attempt to help because she doesn't have anything to add in the way of reads. I also don't think scumchat would have supported her going ahead with it given its questionability in terms of etiquette.

I guess I could get behind Ultracool - clearly keeping up with the reacts, but hasn't said much at all. "lynch inactives" feels more like a compromise than a strategy, though. @Mr. Ultracool - assuming you're still keeping up, do you have any thoughts to share?

Since you asked, my "gut feeling" is going with VM. I hate to buck with the crowd opinion but I just don't really see why town!he would share Tofu's question like that when he could just have said "we live together and she doesn't seem like she's hiding anything" - the extra detail seems kind of like embellishment. I feel like it makes more sense if they're either w/v and he's trying to curry favour with her, or w/w and he's trying to cover for her? (As usual with my "reads" though, take this with a pinch of salt - not really pushing for a VM lynch, happy to jump on whatever people think is the most sensible wagon.)
Eh, I still don't see how the online time read isn't easily faked to make up for not really having content. Their later posts have also been pretty bland and not really impressed me, particularly their kind of non-read on me that they posted a few posts above this. It's mostly gut as they haven't done anything overtly suspicious besides fit the profile of a blendy wolf, so I'd be fine to change my vote later on.

I don't really agree with the VM read in itself, but mmm, there's the offbeatish kokorico mafia read that I remember from TVTropes. I'm feeling pretty good about em.

Back
Top Bottom