• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cheat Cartidges

Have you used a cheat cartidge on one of the pkmn games?

• Yes, quite a lot

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Yes, but only occasionally/rarely

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • I would if I had a cheat cartridge / had the money to get one

Votes: 11 16.9%

• Total voters
No. I haven't had the resources to find or buy one since I started playing. However, I might get a RBY ROM in my spare time and hack that one...I've always wondered what would happen if I went into the grassy area next to Pallet Town, or that closed-off area on Cinnabar Island, next to the gym. But cheating for Pokemon is immoral. What's the fun in that?

If I had one, I would only use it to obtain unobtainable Pokémon, like Deoxys, Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi. Whyyy do they have to be event only? =( Maybe I'd use one to walk through walls and such; that would be kind of fun. =3

Other than that, I don't have the need to cheat. I wouldn't cheat to obtain Pokémon that I could get, even if it's difficult.

Once, I really could not be bothered to finish Emerald.
So I just threw a game shark in my gameboy with 'walk through walls' on.
The Top of Sootopolis is a Spartan Death hole. :D

I use them, but only once I finish the game. And I'd never put anything I got through it on the GTS or use it against anyone besides my friends who shares it with me. But I'm pretty sure the Shaymin my friend gave me near the beginning of the game was hacked.

Of course, I love my Action Replay DS!

Mainly I use Pokesav so I have a team ready for competitive battling, I use the experience codes sometimes, and I get the unobtainables with it.

I've never owned an actual cheating cartridge, and if I did, I'd probably use it for trivial things, like switching the Poké Balls on Hatched Pokémon. I think it's fine if you use an AR or whatever when you're playing through the game with yourself, but I really can't stand it when people trade Pokémon they obtained through cheating, or battle with them.

I used an action replay on pearl. Biggest mistake I ever made on my ds. It screwed up pearl so much that there was an explorer kit in the mail pocket of the bag O_o! Also action replay screwed up mario 64 ds and diddy kong racing alot too, but I wont go in to that.

Only after i beat the game, i still havent beat Platinum, and i jsut beat crasher wake and i have 6 lvl 99s and thats all lol, trained 'em meself, took forever lol, and now i dont remember the platinum story o.0 OHNOES....but yeah, i use it after im done with the game, gives it an extra, 4-5 hours worth of life. Plus i love messing with codes and seeing what happens (only if i know partially what im doing tho ,:3 i used it on my red version waayyy back when and i broke it ;( )

I own an AR and a copy of Pokesav that I use to get unobtainables and for competitive pokemon.

There's a lot of debate on whether or not hacking competitive pokemon is "ethical", but you know what? I tried breeding, training and such legally and it was driving me absolutely nuts. It was hours and hours of tedious BS just to end up with a team that sucked. And if I wanted to make any changes whatsoever, I'd have to do the whole process ALL OVER AGAIN. And I had no method to check for IVs, either. So yeah. I gave up and bought an AR. I wasn't having fun. I was wasting my time on something that felt a whole lot more like a chore than a game.

Game changing stuff like that is the best.

It's an awesome way to extend game life.

I don't have cheat cartridges, but my friend used one once to get me a Level 40 celebi in Sapphire since there weren't any Pokemon events (then 10th anniversay rolled around and I got legit Celebi, but by then that person wasn't my friend anymore).

Well, I got a hacked Lucario off of the GTS when I was having a tough time with Maylene, but now I'm training its replacement so it all works out in the end :Dv

I only ever used one on Diamond when my friend (complete Pokemon freak) came over, and even then I only used the Action Replay to get Master Balls and Rare Candies so that I could raise my EV-trained Gallade to level 100.

No.

However If I had more money and more importantly if I wasn't so paranoid that my game would die(I know there pretty much risk proof now but I would still worry) I might have used a pokesav to make a competitive team.

Also got a story.
My friend brother used a cheat cartridge to make his groudon invincible and saved half way through the elite four without any other pokemon...
But he didn't have enough PP to finish so he was stuck.

That has nothing to do with my answer but I wanted to tell it.

Well, I neither have the money nor the time ot get a hack device or that AC stuff.
The only hacked pokemon I EVER had was a chimchar, caught in a masterball, in route 210- got it in the GTS for happiny.

I wouldnt cheat even if I had an AC- well, acctualy, I would use it to get all these EV training items- its a plague ot get the 16 BP for them. Usually I get the BP's in the battle factory- and start smashing my punchbag/dummy(Luckily I have one) when i reach the 7th battle and lose when my enemy's last pokemon has just survived a super powerfull attack with a focus band and has Pwned my last pokemon.

Edit: Skymin is right- competitive battling is quite stupid. I, for instance, wasted 3 hours in killing levle 2 starly's with my level 70 charizard, and when i< was done, and he reached level 71, I realized that he already got the 510 EV's from defeating the LG/FR first top four around 200 times.
It was nighttime, so I decided to calm down and go to sleep(It was 3 am. Luckily enough, I had some cold strawberry flavour ice, so I calmed down quickly. Lol. Plus, around here it is almost always 35 degrees(celcius))

Nope, never owned or used one on any of my games. The closest I ever got was using a built in Gameshark on an emulator to helo make my Youtube videos on Blue and Gold. Other than that, I have a few hacked GTS Pokemon and some TMs I got fromv trading with my friends hacked game.

Only an AR on Diamond/Platinum for getting event Legendaries and other Pokémon I can't get hold of any other way, for generally messing about and occasionally actually cheating (e.g. Quick EXP Gain codes for when I'm feeling lazy).

You can do cool stuff with the Walk Through Walls code, like enter buildings from the inside, or get into that enclosure next to the Daycare Center where you can walk through some of the obstacles even without the code activated.

I use the AR DS for getting Rare Candies and Master Balls :P
The Rare Candies help because I really don't have the patience to sit and raise a bunch of Pokémon to level 100 (me and my friends always have lvl 100 battles). I usually try and EV train them first, then just use the Rare Candies to level the rest of the way up.

Sometimes I'd play around with walk through walls, just for fun and the Mystery Zone is kinda freaky o_O ~Also use shiny wild Pokémon cheats if I want a particular shiny, like for a character, or just for show..

I use the AR DS for getting Rare Candies and Master Balls :P
The Rare Candies help because I really don't have the patience to sit and raise a bunch of Pokémon to level 100 (me and my friends always have lvl 100 battles). I usually try and EV train them first, then just use the Rare Candies to level the rest of the way up.

Sometimes I'd play around with walk through walls, just for fun and the Mystery Zone is kinda freaky o_O ~Also use shiny wild Pokémon cheats if I want a particular shiny, like for a character, or just for show..

Isn't there an option to make all Pokemon Lv. 100 in a link battle?

Back
Top Bottom