• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Cool Starter Pokemon

POOCHYENA!
But yeah. I think he just means what would be cool to have as a starter, instead of the three you have to get.
Also, Tailow would be cool ^^

POOCHYENA!
But yeah. I think he just means what would be cool to have as a starter, instead of the three you have to get.
Also, Tailow would be cool ^^

I agree with both of those. Poochyena is just awesome and Tailow holds some nostalgic signifigance for me. :)

Other than those two I'd ask for Zigzagoon and Skitty... And maaaaybe Meouth too. His payday would help a lot in the beggining.

Trapinch! :D

Hmm, what else to start with? Ummm... Spheal I guess would be good.. and there should be an Electric type choice... but R/S has very few electrics, and no complete 3-pokémon lines. Electrike's the closest, I guess.

Hmm, I think...
Koffing and Grimer! :D
They're some of my favorite pokemon. :D
Them, or... Wailmer and Numel?
... And Spoink! :D
I'd like a Spoink as a starter.

Fire: I could see Vulpix as a starter, it seems to make much sense and it learns Ember right off the bat. Growlithe is possible but doesn't seem to fit as well.

Water: Hmm, Spheal seems a good choice, surprisingly I can't seem to think of many water starters.

Grass: I would say Budew but this is RS :( Uh...Oddish?

Other: Skitty, Eevee, Riolu and really any of the PMD starters make sense.

Once on Sapphire I actually dumped my starter in a PC the first chance I got and traded over two completely random eggs from my Ruby game. They turned out to be a Growlithe and Spinarak, and I finished the game with an Arcanine and Ariados as my two strongest Pokemon :)

Last time I played Sapphire, I traded a Trapinch egg from Ruby. Then I spent half the game EV-training the trapinch and the other half beating the game with him. I ended up beating the E4 with a Flygon and 5 weaklings for HMs;)

I "started" Platinum with a Kangaskhan, but I hatched her in Pearl so I could make her forget, uh... I think she hatched with Earthquake and Avalanche from her daddy? She was uber enough starting with Comet Punch. Earthquake and Avalanche would just be game-breaking. :B
Since she wasn't "mine" I had a spot of trouble with her until the Eterna gym, though.

Once on Sapphire I actually dumped my starter in a PC the first chance I got and traded over two completely random eggs from my Ruby game. They turned out to be a Growlithe and Spinarak, and I finished the game with an Arcanine and Ariados as my two strongest Pokemon :)

That is genius, and I am so doing that if I ever get Platinum.

Of course, knowing me, I'd probably trade over an egg of my starter, but eh. :x I might end up with an awesome Azumaril or Magneton.

I suggest the trio of awesome:
Bedlum
Bagon
Trapinch

At least the fully evolved Pokemon will be useful. :o

Ralts, Poochyena, and Makuhita. Let's get the almost-type triangle a spot in the starters. Not that any of these are particularly cool, but...

I suggest the trio of awesome:
Beldum
Bagon
Trapinch

At least the fully evolved Pokemon will be useful. :o

yah, but would you really want to train a Beldum? I always pop mine in the daycare 'cause you have to take them to the Pokemon center every 10 battles or so. Even if you beat everything in one hit. :/

yah, but would you really want to train a Beldum? I always pop mine in the daycare 'cause you have to take them to the Pokemon center every 10 battles or so. Even if you beat everything in one hit. :/

You could always do double battles and Skill Swap the Beldum Rock Head...

Back
Top Bottom