• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

Chandy is one of my favorite Pokémon from Gen. 5! It looks pretty cool and is really useful, I used one on my team in Black and it was a boss. I don't have much else to say about it, though.

(Completely up for Bi-Daily Discussions; I know interest is kind of fading from when the thread started, but I love this idea. Maybe more in-depth stuff might draw interest. Like trivia or what the basis for the Pokemon might be. Also changes in design would be cool.)

Adding a bit more to this; I think fanworks involving the Pokemon of Every Other Day would be pretty spiffin', too. Kind of what pathos has been doing, but doesn't have to be your own. Also, fan theories would be fun, like the whole Gengar/Clefable theory. Finally, this stuff doesn't have to only posted by whoever chose that day's Pokemon.

Hey, a new day!

volcarona_by_ronald_san-d3982ug.jpg

This is my favorite Gen V pokemon, and my second favorite pokemon overall.

I love it because it's based on a seraphim; a fiery-winged angel in certain religions

I personally also think it's based off of a lotus.

apparently this is Blazhierio998's favorite pokemon.

Eh, I don't actually like it all that much. It's just...not for me, I guess. Though I love its concept, and it's far from the bottom of my list.

Volcarona's pretty cool in my book. It has some pretty spiffin' typing, an interesting design, and fairly original concept. I love how Unova Bug-types are a lot more BA than they were in previous regions. (There's even a Bug-Type Legendary!) I use mine mainly for egg hatching, though.

I liked the sideline plot with Volcarona, especially the setting. Although, those rooms were really confusing.

I've heard some fan speculation that the Larvesta line was supposed to be a three stage line, since it takes until level 59 for Larvesta to evolve and Volcarona yields three EVs compared to Larvesta's one. I don't really believe it myself, though.

As for design basis, I've heard all sorts of things, but seraphim and atlas moth make the most sense to me.

Last edited:
Sometimes I think moths look better than butterflies. They are fluffier, more mysterious and generally look softer. And Volcarona is beautiful indeed. Orange is the perfect color for someone like this. Plus it evolves from Larvesta on a high level, so it is big and majestic as well.

You got a Bug-type legendary, but it's a cyborg created by criminals. You got a sun-related legendary, but it represents a scientist's views on the sun. Volcarona is actually better than them.

Volcarona is awesome. I don't have one yet, but I'll be working on it soon! Grr, grinding.

On the other hand, I think it makes sense that it might be based of a seraphim, seeing as the main description is either 6 winged or flame winged angel, and sometimes both... and yes, the markings/body type do remind me of an Atlas Moth as well. Interesting.

Gen V wasn't the best, but it wasn't horrible. It had fewer bug typesI'm unsure how many gen V had in bugs compared to the other gens, but most of them were better overall then ones from the other gens. Volcarona, Leavanny mainly. Durant... eehhhh.

I must say that I adore Volcarona's color scheme. Flaming orange with a dash of light blue and white--it's striking yet still pleasing on the eyes. Besides seraphim, there's also the "moth flies towards candlelight" theme, which is pretty cool as well.

Sadly, Audino's a nice Pokemon, but it's really only good for grinding imo. It's kind of like dumbing down Chancey from a boulder to a fist sized rock... if you can get it to a nice high level and teach it some good things (not sure what there is for it) and EV it properly, it can be a substitute for Chancey until after E4 first time. Unless you play a hack. Know some people that do. Not a fan.

Or you can just use it like any other Pokemon (like me) and annihilate everything with it
It's pretty much a Normal-type Gurrdurr or something idk

It's stats make it a wall, like the Chansey line. It would be hard to stat for offensive. I also believe it has less of a moveset and less options from Egg/leveling/TM's then the Chansey line.

Bulbapedia doesn't mention it, but I think that the Japanese name Tabunne might be partly based on the word "bunny".

It's much like Chansey, but can be male and... Yay, decent physical stats and Special Attack! Its Special Defence is lower, but not too much lower. At least it doesn't have the physical stats of a marshmallow. And it also looks better.

Heal Pulse has no use in single battles, and I remember a case when an Audinno used Entrainment on one of my Pokémon and it was more useful than its normal ability. Sure, Audino is more of a healer than a fighter.

A good source of experience, if you are lucky.

Well, Double Daily Pokemon Discussion it is I guess.
Thanks everyone for your support in this thread.

Anways, Audino.

I personally dislike Audino. Mainly because it replaced Chansey as Nurse Joy's sidekick (I wonder what Chansey did to Nurse Joy to get her to get a replacement. lol

Chandelure:

I don't get why people say its good. I had one ev trained once, and everything outsped it and killed it in one hit. It would be better with levitate.

That said, I do like the design.

Volcarona: Its ok but annoying.

Audino: Good for grinding.

Ehh... I know how my previous post sounds, but I don't love Audino that much. I don't know it very well, and I just noticed the aspect that are better than Chansey's aspects. No fangirl fit intended.

(I wonder what Chansey did to Nurse Joy to get her to get a replacement. lol

There are heaps of Joy clones. The ones in Unova have to use Audino because there are no Chansey.

Back
Top Bottom