• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Daily Pokemon Discussions

apparently this is Blazhierio998's favorite pokemon.

Ever the stalker, Superbird!

On a side note nooo I missed Volcarona. Oh well, don't care, still talking about it.

Volcarona is awesome, hands down. It combines two of my favourite types, fire and bug, and despite the fact that the types don't seem to go together well, the design pulls it off amazingly. I have a soft spot for moths. I mean I like bugs in general, but moths are so fluttery and furry and <3 The seraphim component is nice, too. The more wings, the better! Seraphim also literally means "fiery/burning one" or something like that, iirc.

As Linoone said, the palette is great. Generally, I find that orange and blue don't look good together, unless you add some unifying colours or you have serious skills. Again, Volcarona's design pulls this difficult palette off.

Competitively, amazing once again. Despite its 4x weakness to rock and being stripped of half its HP when it runs into Stealth Rock, it's holding steady in OU. The last time I read about suspect tests (which was... a while ago, but shush) it was being considered for Ubers, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't banned in the end. I think? Anyway, great sp. atk and sp. def, and good speed, all three of which are boosted by Quiver Dance. It can quickly sweep, or it can go the bulky sweeper route. Either way, once Volcarona gets a few QDs in, good luck taking it down, as it resists many common forms of priority.

And just so I'm still on-topic kinda, Audino. I love this thing in-game... at least I love beating it up. So much EXP. It makes grinding so much easier. Its design is okay, but doesn't really stand out to me. Really, if it weren't for its ridiculous EXP yield, I'd probably forget it exists sometimes.

Bulbapedia doesn't mention it, but I think that the Japanese name Tabunne might be partly based on the word "bunny".

Nope. In Japanese, "bunny" is pronounced "bah-nee", which is not even close to "bun-neh" from Tabunne. What it is based on is the Japanese word "probably" which, not coincidentally, is "tabun"; then tack on the "ne" ending, which is a sentence ender in Japanese grammar and indicates emphasis, agreement, request for confirmation, etc. So "Tabunne" basically means "probably!"

The sentence naming theme continues to English, with the name Audino sounding like "I dunno".

And now you know!

I must admit that I really disliked Audino because Audino sounds like a cool name (it reminds me of Arduino) but it's stuck to a pink Chansey-clone. On to the actual design itself: it's... meh. It's designed to look cute, so it has infant-blue eyes on a chubby pink body, and it accomplishes the innocent child look pretty well, I think.

The only problem is that I hate this type of look. I don't like babies okay :( The other problem is that it's not interesting at all. Volcanora has this majestic theme going for it, but Audino is just... there.

Never used one, but reading these makes me want one. You guys must have mind-controllers in your keyboards.

I remember that Audino sometimes opens its mouth in the animation. The first time I remember seeing it, it was a female and she was just being attacked. It looked like she was saying: "Please don't do that, it's not nice to hit a girl!"

Audino. Beautiful for grinding, not good for much else in my eyes.

New day~!

FanArt__Espeon_by_white_angel_ariah.jpg

Espeon~!

It's pink. Psychic. A cat. And the tail. I have no idea why I like it, but I do. I really don't care how she does on multiplayer, it's teh awesomest pokemon in my opinion.

Espeon.

Its the best eon ever, in my opinion. I currently own a Level 70 one named Star. (I don't really Rare Candy my Pokemon, but raise them naturally, so thats why Star is not lv 100)

That art is really kewl, Espy. I absolutely love Espeon. It's one of my favorite Eeveelutions. It has a nice movelist, good design. If I could catch an Eevee, I'd be torn between Flareon and Espeon.
Oh, and here's some art I found.
196.png

DAT ASS
196.png

Did we not do Espeon already?

Hmph...oh well.

Psy-cat, special sweeper, Ruby Carbuncle, purple, powerful, one of the more useful eeveelutions, etc, etc.

Yeah...not much else for me to say...

Yeah, but its good we discuss her again. Afterall, Solar Espeon has been gone for a while and its good to see her input on Espeon.

I don't mind Audino, because without her B/W would have been a hell lot harder

And Espeon! I like it alot, but I like Umbreon better.

Espeon is my second favorite eeveelution, Umbreon is first beacause of my Ghost/Dark type obsession.

I like Audinos because ther was no way I was going to beat the E4 without slaughtering them...

Espeon is pretty cool, but I prefer Vaporeon. I actually had an Espeon in a Nuzlocke of mine. He was a good hard-hitter, but low defences.

I'm.... okay with Espeon?
Dunno, just kinda... meh.

The Fourth-Gen Eeveelutions are the only ones I'm more than 0k with.

Mmmm...burgers...hunh? New day, and I was completely off topic...ummm...

MEGANIUM!

pmd___iceburg_and_strawberry_by_purplekecleon-d3kp3xz.png

Bugger learns outrage. I think that's awesome enough.

I'm not sure about awesomeness, but it is sort of beautiful. And it revives plants. Quite useful for a herbivorous dinosaur... But aside from that, its powers are... kind of romantic.

The stat distribution is sort of weird. Well, at least it seems to favour special stats.

The gender difference makes sense.

Fact that Meganium learns Outrage is OMFGWTHAWESOME. Otherwise, not a huge fan, never used one though.

All I really have to say is... Champion Lance sends out Dragonite! Go, Meganium! *Lance starts laughing* Meganium used Outrage! It's Super Effective! Critical Hit! The foe's Dragonite fainted! What do, Lance? What do?

Back
Top Bottom