• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed [DEAD] Illusions of the Past

Re: Illusions of the Past

((Why do people post so much when I'm asleep?))

The King Of Sorrow had been walking around for a while, and slowly came closer to what seemed to be a huge ruckus, and it was a huge ruckus. but since nothing attacked him, the King didn't have a reason to attack, either.

((THROW SOMETHING AT ME))

"Look, I don't have time for this. Just let me find somewhere to stay." Galacta Knight began to walk past Meta Knight, but he quickly stepped in front of him. "Wrong way."

"What? What do you mean?" said Galacta Knight, confusion beginning to melt into anger.

"You can't cross that line. You're obviously too dangerous to keep on our side."

"I can walk where I please, fool! I was told this city had no laws!"

"There is one, and you're about to violate it."

"You're damn right I am!" he said as he trotted off in that direction. Then he stopped. "Wait, wasn't that lawyer guy crossing the line?"

"He's the only one allowed because of that," then he added, "And I think he's about to go SPLAT against the pavement anyway."

"By the way, why aren't you stopping me?"

"Because the others will."

Sage watched with mild interest as two humans transformed into a wolf and a cat, then ran off. They were probably up to something. Now, whether it was evil or not..
Yes, once again, he was on the wrong side of town. They'd probably attack him if seen. He didn't care much. He honestly doubted anyone would notice him, and recognizing him as a living being was even harder. When your body was two white spheres with little stub-legs, and nothing else, it was hard to tell you were alive. Until you started talking, of course.
In any case, he was bored. The small creature hopped off the rooftop and floated after the two, following a few yard behind them. A rather suddenly appeared and followed the two animals. Sage would have grinned if he had a mouth. Maybe there'd be a fight. That would mean he'd intervene, possibly. Maybe. He flew faster until he was right behind Edward.
Hello there, little human.

Link yawned and threw the book down. They were all in some weird language that he couldn't read. None of them were in Hylian, apparently. Not one. That was stupid, but then again, this clearly wasn't Hyrule. Jumping out the smashed-open window of what used to be a bookstore, he looked around expectantly. There was the sound of fighting, running and yelling from varying distances away. Where to go now?

Ravage ignored the human that had showed up. He only looked once in the human's direction, then continued to blast Target 1 with missiles.

Human's threat level in low single digits. Labeled as Target 4. Terminate Target 4 after destroying Target 1.

And he would destroy Target 1, if only because his master had told him to do so. He took great pride in his destruction, but took even greater pride in obeying his master. The greatest pride of all, however, came when he could do both at the same time.

Of such small moments of amusement was a happy life made.
-------
Bonecrusher increased his speed, knowing that he'd have to shift soon. He could see explosions in the distance, and he knew those were explosions from the battle.

Just a little longer and I'll arrive, he thought, and then Mecha Sonic's fate will be sealed.

The battle seems to be in full swing. Take part now, or wait until one is gone and the other worn down? Choices, choices.

Fight.

No, wait.

Fight! These creatures pose a threat, and must be eliminated to ensure Father’s plan. Destroy them.

Very well.

The little boy gazed up at the battlers as if veiwing the rapture, mouth wide, eyes shining. He took a few steps closer, and extended a hand.

“Wow. How are you doing that?” He asked, voice calm and sweet, a child’s tone. “Tell me.”

Mecha Sonic regarded the young human that had appeared.

"You humans are something akin to insects, or herd animals. When one shows up, more and more appear." he then ducked under a particularly fast missile, adding: "This isn't exactly the safest place for a human child to appear. Much like that other human, you will likely face termination."
--------
Humans?!

Bonecrusher arrived at the battle, and was relieved to see that Ravage was holding his own, but was surprised when he saw two humans near the missile barrages.

They've been drawn here by curiosity. The fools. They have no idea what they're dealing with.

Bonecrusher then stopped, and shifted back to robot form. it was time to finish this battle.

Last edited:

"Um...hehehe...nevermind." Apollo said, playing with his hair and sweating.

But suddenly...

Apollo felt a tightening around the wrist. His bracelet was shrinking. As if it was reacting to something.

The boy bowed his head when Mecha Sonic spoke, but kept his gaze on the fight. He smiled, and his eyes shone eerily.

“I couldn’t agree more with you. Insects. But let me tell you something: looks can be deceiving.” He purred, voice shifting from soft and child-like to that akin to a mass-murderer’s.

Beneath his feet, his shadow expanded suddenly, spouting a large red eye here, a razor-toothed mouth there. Tendrils of pure blackness caressed the boy’s bare legs, tugging at his shorts and shirt, before releasing their master and wreathing on the ground. The boy lifted his head and grinned.

“My name is Pride, and don’t forget that. You will join me or be destroyed. Do you understand?” He hissed.

((I love Pride. He's sexytastic.))

Name: Black Jack
Series: Black Jack
Media type (choose one): Anime
Hero or Villain: Hero
Other: He is currently looking for his Pinoko. But he's ok with his latest assiasstant...dispite the fur.

Name: Halan
Series: Pokemon
Species: Lucario
Personality: He is cold and distant at first, not trusting most at first glance. He is a good soul, just very picky when it comes to what needs to be done. He is the "Might Save your life, might steal your car" type. Once he gets close to someone, he will be a much warmer person.

Bio: He was a member of a pack of pokemon called the RSP. He drove a boat, a train, a truck, and a plane during his time in the pack. He was born with blue eyes and a handful of egg moves from his mother in terms of special tactics and from his father in physical combat. He is very good with his aura abilities.

Other: Yes. This is Halan of the RSP. He is following Black Jack around for the hell of it. Secretly, he wants to learn new medical tricks to use on the Cat

Cell let himself to the ground slowly. Directly behind the white thing with the yellow scarf. He stood there for a moment, before vanishing. He reappeared about twenty feet in front of the thing. I enjoy the occasional absorbing. Whatever this thing was, Cell knew it had enough power for at least a partial transformation.

He laughed softly, his voice coming out in a hissing sound. "Greetingss. I ssee you're enjoying your walk. Care to... Hmhm... Join me?" His tail poised itself above his right shoulder.

((Halan drives an airplane?! *Happyhappybouncebounce*))

Initiating Nano-Tech. Copying data on being known as "Pride." Delaying tactics recommended.

On one hand, Mecha knew that if he joined "Pride," he would be able to best Ravage, but he would just be handing himself over to another Eggman, another mad being with outlandish dreams. He would become a pawn once more.

On the other, refusing would lead to probable termination, and the fact that Bonecrusher had returned just made things worse.

Analysis failed. "Pride" has properties that have no classification.

Can't copy his data, then? Guess it comes down to giving up my freedom or taking my chances with Pride and Bonecrusher with his pet.

This contest is no contest

"Do you really think that you could sway over me? I am Mecha Sonic! The most powerful machine of my kind! A being such as myself cannot give myself over to arrogant creatures like you."

Both of his arms flipped over.

"Fight me if you wish, but there are more machines than there are you."
------
This being...

This being seems far more dangerous than Mecha Sonic. Ravage won't have a Priority Change unless it attacks him, at which point I believe it will be to late.

Ravage: Return to me to recharge.

Bonecrusher's back opened for Ravage to jump into. Once the symbiont returned, Bonecrusher said to Mecha Sonic: "We will have a... discussion once we've dealt with this creature."

Mecha gave no sign that he had heard, on account of him aiming both weapons square at the creature.

“Numbers matter not when you control darkness itself…” Pride hissed, grinning. “But fight me if you wish. My body can parry and counter any attack in seconds, my senses of smell and sight are sharper than any other, and I cannot die, being a homunculus.”

A massive razor-toothed mouth rose from the shadows and snapped at a lamppost, destroying it in a moment of seconds. Pride smiled.

“I don’t want to have to destroy a perfectly good minion, however. Think twice before you threaten me.”

"Cannot die, you say? That's something we have in common then."

Mecha aimed at the grotesque creature.

"I know from experience that being able to regenerate wounds inflicted on you is as much of a curse as it is a blessing. As a machine, I feel no pain, but I can only imagine the pain of having wounds that would be otherwise fatal repairing themselves. Tell me something, is it excruciating?"

Mecha opened fire on the beast, showering it with bombs and missiles.
-----
Close combat's definitely a no-go with this thing. Getting to close is instant termination.

Bonecrusher's left arm shifted a few times before a cannon appeared.

I'll need to blast this thing full of energy, then.

He opened fire.

Name: Black Jack
Series: Black Jack
Media type (choose one): Anime
Other: He is currently looking for his Pinoko. But he's ok with his latest assiasstant...dispite the fur.

Name: Halan
Series: Pokemon
Species: Lucario
Personality: He is cold and distant at first, not trusting most at first glance. He is a good soul, just very picky when it comes to what needs to be done. He is the "Might Save your life, might steal your car" type. Once he gets close to someone, he will be a much warmer person.

Bio: He was a member of a pack of pokemon called the RSP. He drove a boat, a train, a truck, and a plane during his time in the pack. He was born with blue eyes and a handful of egg moves from his mother in terms of special tactics and from his father in physical combat. He is very good with his aura abilities.

Other: Yes. This is Halan of the RSP. He is following Black Jack around for the hell of it. Secretly, he wants to learn new medical tricks to use on the Cat
Accepted and accepted.

“Does a shadow feel pain when you trod upon it? No. In the same vein, I feel no pain when my extended body is damaged.” Pride said, smiling. “Shoot me all you like, but I will not flinch or back down.”

He jumped back a few feet, letting his shadow tendrils take the brunt of the assault, dispersing into paint-like spatters of blackness and then reforming nearly instantly. The boy cackled, pointing at Mecha, and a mouth-tipped tendril, maw gaping, shot forward, cleaving though the air with no effort whatsoever.

“I hope you like the bite of my jaws!”

Time seemed to slow down for Mecha Sonic. He saw the jaws coming for him, and knew that he couldn't repel them in any way, so there was only one thing that he could do.

Initiating Extreme Gear.

His arms retracted into his body, and came out again, with rockets for hands. He jumped up, activated his jets, and blasted away from the tendrils, all in the space of two seconds.

I was designed to outrace the fastest thing alive. Mere Jaws of Darkness will not catch me!
-----
And it looks like projectiles won't stop this thing either. Better take a bolt from Mecha's chassis, as they say.

Bonecrusher quickly shifted to vehicle mode and moved as fast as the engine allowed him.

((Sweet))

"Well...this is perfect. Skulking around in the shadows with a patch work human, avoiding people that you believe are after you."

A blue and black canine follows a taller man in a black cape. The canine lets out a yawn as they slip into alleyways whenever they heard footsteps coming in either direction. The taller man turns to look at the dog behind him, studying its body of three spikes and the way it walks on two legs like a man.

“We need to hide because I don't have a license to perform medicine."

The dog rolls his blue eyes and lets out another sigh.

"Black Jack. If that's the problem, then get a damned License"

Black Jack sighs, moving forward through the alley.

"If it was that easy, Halan, I would have done it by now...and I have my reasons not to get one."

Halan just shakes his head and moves after the patchwork human, no longer caring what they do at the point in time. As long as they got where they need to get to, he'd be happy.

I wonder how Basaina is doing...

Last edited:

Pride watched Mecha dodge the biting jaws, and smiled. Impressive. He was fast, he would give him that. Perhaps… He could work things to his advantage. Putting on a sweet smile, he retracted the tendrils until they were merely frothing around his feet, tentacles gripping his ankles and the surrounding ground.

“Fighting will do us no good, it seems. We are equal in power. Perhaps we could become allies?” He asked, examining his nails.

Back
Top Bottom