• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Closed [DEAD] Illusions of the Past

Re: Illusions of the Past

"Allies?"

Mecha Sonic stopped, and watched Bonecrusher make another sharp U-turn after the vehicle had passed him.

"I am currently in negotiations with another being for an alliance of our own. That being is a very aggressive one, and I'd rather not know how he'd react to another being intruding on the alliance.

"That being said, you are powerful. Anyone who can take my barrage of missiles and bombs combined without a scratch has potential. Yet now is not the best time for discussions of an alliance. Tell you what..."

Mecha deactivated his jets, and landed on solid ground, readying for a surprise attack. "I'll consider your offer, and get back to you after my other negotiations."

Logoth stood in an empty street. There was a massive ruckus. He made his way towards it, not surprised that a fight had broken out. After several blocks he saw the battle between a robot of somekind and a tendrily monster. He drew his massive two-handed sword.He scanned the battle watching for a worthy oppenent.
(The sword is almost as big as him)

Pride smiled, returning to his sweet, childlike self completely, the shadow disappearing. He nodded.

“Very well! I like the sound of that. Now, I think I’ll go explore…” He said, smiling.

He turned on his heel and trotted away, completely calm. Behind him, the shadows blinked into existence again and followed their master, eyes still watching the machines for a sign of attacking.

Apollo scanned the robots and everyone around them.

"There has to be a nervous twitch or a weak spot." he muttered.

-----------

Zim watched the battle in all curiosity. Would these guys help him take over the world?

There was some rustling down a hall in the museum as Karou laid down behind an exhibit to rest for a bit. He didn't really get a chance to see what it was, but he did hear some voices. And a loud shout. Karou got up and followed, slowly. After some searching he found another door. Wary of what was going on outside, he fluttered upward onto the roof, giving him a good vantage point.

Karou heard a lot of explosions. Then a vicious snap. Peering over the edge of the roof, a blur sped upward and away from some black objects with a roar. He also heard a familiar sound, the big robot, shifting forms and driving away. Black tendrils then retracted away. Karou followed them to their source... they came from an area around the feet of a human child.

He's probably not human either, Karou concluded.

They spoke, seemed to agree, maybe, on something, and then the human child walked off, leaving the robots to their devices.

Karou opted to follow the child, those robots seemed to be trouble to him. Karou ran, and glided, along the rooftops, barely behind the boy. He had a sneaking suspicion that the boy knew of his presence, but that didn't particularly bother him.

I've rid of him for now. Though he will likely expect an answer soon, hopefully I'll have one for when that time comes.

He then jetted over to Bonecrusher, who shifted back to robot mode.

"What... what was that?"

"Let's just say that I'm not the only being with regenerative powers and high ambitions in this city. That thing wants to form an alliance with me."

"And are you considering it?"

"Are you considering ours?"

Bonecrusher took several moments to think this over. At last, he said: "For now, bring me along. I'd like to see more of this creature before the inevitable betrayal."

"Whose betrayal do you speak of? His? Or yours?"

The Cybertronian began to shift into vehicle mode. Before he finished shifting, he said: "Either of us. Or, depending on this being's goals, both of us."

Galacta Knight turned around. "I seemed to gather from your speech that something was supposed to happen."

"Yes, well... there doesn't appear to be anyone on this side of the street." Meta Knight looked around, a bit embarrassed.

"Nevermind. You live on this side, correct?"

"Yes..."

"Then it's decided." Galacta Knight headed back towards the west side, pushing Meta Knight out of the way.

"..."

Small

That word, that silly five letter word. That insignificant and fragile word. It made Edward angry. No, it made him pissed. He was atleast a WHOLE INCH taller than he was a year ago, and yet people STILL called him short.

"I'm-" Edward stoped his dash with a step, twisting around as he spoke to face the one whose grave fate was decided as soon as it spoke of diminutive statures.

"Not-" Edward pulled back his right fist.

"Small!" Edward's voice pierced the short break in the fighting, even though he was a block away. His fist flew towards the origin of the comment, to angry to care that the thing was made of White and looked like a poorly drawn picture.

------

Lens ear's perked, a new sound behind them. It was angry, very very angry. She swiveled to face it and slid backwards as she ceased to exist. Len stood in its place as girl once more, her arms by her sides as she looked for the voice.

Storm looked around, the things around her seemed to have disappeared, or something. Well, that was fine with her, there were so many weird creatures in the city, she was surprised every day. Until she could get used to it, then she'd do whatever. Storm jumped up and landed on a roof, before firing another Eagle Eye at the building beside the museum. The other human-types that cared about buildings coul fix them, she didn't care.

Another leap and she was in the air. "Let's go find ourself a fight," Storm muttered.

Light Yagami continued strolling down the streets when he heard some noices. 'A commotion? I shouldn't get involved. Without the Death Note... I'm pretty much a normal human.' He turned and began walking east. What he knew not was that he would soon be walking in on the heroes' side.
---

L Lawliet had found himself some shoes. He had refrained from tying them, however, he liked to keep his feet as free as possible. He walked, hands in pockets, restlessly walking from house to house, searching from anything containing sugar. He needed sugar to keep functioning. The imnosiac remembered once he had been kept away from sugar for a long period of time, just for tries. He'd gone half-mad, his IQ had sunken to... well, at least one third.

And now he was shaking... "D-damn it..." He tried to keep his expressionless mask on, which he always wore, but now it was getting damn difficult.

Luckily, he soon found a collapsed kiosk. He rushed to it, eyes fixated only on it and tounge almost hanging out of his mouth. He reached it and grabbed all the delicious candy and stuffed them in his mouth. After unwrapping them, of course.

"Mmm..."

Sage darted away just before the punch connected. He levitated up in the air, just out barely of the human's reach. This was sort of ironic. He was about a foot tall, and this human was angry over being called small. Who cared about physical size? How very silly. Humans certainly chose strange things to be angry about.
It is not wise to attack a sage, little human. If I say you are small, human, that is because you are small. Diminutive. Short. Itty-bitty. Whatever you like. Why does this upset you?
Not that he cared. Sage was getting bored talking to this human. Maybe starting a fight was a good idea. It would be most interesting, in any case.

Last edited:

The prey turned. Make chase, I'll catch up soon.

Envy continued stalking his quarry, tounge hanging out and sharp teeth bared. The boy he was chasing didn't seem to have noticed him. Good. He would catch up soon, and then he would have a bit of fun. He barked, sides of his mouth curling up in a smile.

----

Pride returned to the alley he had came from, and sat on a trash can. He would wait until someone came to him, for now...

The duo of machine and vehicle had reached their decision, but Mecha Sonic told Bonecrusher that he would talk with Pride while the Decepticon remained in vehicle mode, and then Bonecrusher would emerge once the talks were over.

"If this being saw the two of us fighting, then he wouldn't expect us to be allied. If he didn't, then you could show yourself regardless, but we need to keep our guards up."

Mecha walked through the streets, looking for any sign of the being.

He'll have to be around here somewhere...

A large toothy maw poked out of the alleyway's mouth, and a few eyes blinked into existance just above it, scanning for sign of anything coming Pride's way. Various smells wafted into the jaws, where they were absorbed, prossessed, and stored. The smell of people, monsters, oil, animals, food... So much was here. A familiar smell caught the homunculus' attention, however...

Envy's here.

He chuckled. Perhaps they'd meet up later...

Whatever the noise was, its source was not apparent to Len. The streets were empty and she had already spent a whole second scanning them with her eyes. The distance between her and her master grew with every moment of her indecisiveness. With one last look, she let what was there be and disappeared. The cat ran caught up with her master.

Mecha was looking around when he noticed a familiar maw poking out of an alleyway.

"There you are! I was wondering where you'd gotten around to."

The jaws snapped shut and withdrew into the alley, and a moment later, Pride's main body strolled out of the darkness, smiling. His shadow was streached behind him and several red eyes gleamed in the dark of the alley, and a wide mouth gaped, ready to attack if need be.

"Hullo. Are you ready to...talk?" Pride purred.

"Can you go any slower, Halan?"

"I can. Just don't feel like it."

Black Jack rolls his eyes and slips into another alleyway in his atempts to be hidden. As he walked, he heard the sound of a trash can being sat on. He slows his pace and looks in the direction of the noise.

"There's a small boy here. Doesn't he know that it's dangerous in the alleys?"

He moves toward the boy sitting on the trash can. Meanwhile, Halan was hanging back, his ears pressed against his skull.

Danger...that kid is dangerous.

Halan moves after the doctor and grabs his arm.

"We...should keep going."

"Nonsense. We should see if the boy is alright."

... Ok... Lets just think now. I need to do less fighting, more figuring out where the hell I am...

Edward glared at Sage.

...Oh wait... He is...

A smile crept to his face. He just realized that this strange thing didn't have any valid reason to call him small. For once, he was taller than someone else. That meant he could do the looking down on and making fun of and ridiculing for once.

"Eh, I think I am feeling nice at the moment. So tell me what you wished to little sage."

Back
Top Bottom