• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Designer Mafia [Day Three] Mafia win

Re: Designer Mafia [Day One]

There's no need to be so paranoid. If you were inspector, I'd probably say you had something to fear, but it sounds like you're just a roleblocker if you're telling the truth (which I doubt I'll ever let go of these suspicions, but whatever) and besides, we have Kam (who I've decided is good because someone confirmed doctor is in the game afterward instead of saying that after I said that the role would be in the game). Of course he's insane, but at least if you're so dead set that you're going to die that you have a 50% chance of living.

There's no need to be so paranoid. If you were inspector, I'd probably say you had something to fear, but it sounds like you're just a roleblocker if you're telling the truth (which I doubt I'll ever let go of these suspicions, but whatever) and besides, we have Kam (who I've decided is good because someone confirmed doctor is in the game afterward instead of saying that after I said that the role would be in the game). Of course he's insane, but at least if you're so dead set that you're going to die that you have a 50% chance of living.

The thief is an investigative role in that list. My understanding of how it works is that it targets someone each night and the GM PMs something back saying that they stole a gun or something. Then we could use that information to try to figure out the target's role (in this case, it might indicate Mafia or cop). (If this thief isn't the variant that strips someone of their role, I believe the name and the "stealing" thing are just flavour; the items can't actually be used.) So if our GM is going by the list, Phantom is not a roleblocker, and she actually is a sort of inspector, which means that she might have reason to believe that she's going to die tonight, but we do have a doctor! (although insane, unless we have more than one.)

Yeah, but didn't Phantom say it removes their powers? Personally, I think roleblocker and inspector all at once would be a bit much. Though I guess it said some GMs do do it that way.

EDIT: I'm repeating this, just to try.

The Friendly Mushroom: What would happen if someone forgot to send in a role?

Yeah, but didn't Phantom say it removes their powers? Personally, I think roleblocker and inspector all at once would be a bit much. Though I guess it said some GMs do do it that way.

Oh! So she did. Then it's the variant that... I guess makes the person vanilla as well? I'd assume their action that night would still go through, but after that I guess they wouldn't be able to use it anymore? (Also, bulletproof recruiting mason is also just a bit overpowered, so it's very possible.) And actually, that's not really overpowered; if they targeted a doctor, the doctor wouldn't be able to heal anymore, so that'd be pretty bad for the town!

Okay, so, we have to lynch! So um we probably don't want to lynch Kam, Phantom, or Legend! Other than that idk.

We have to lynch? UGh. I guess Chief Zackrai since I haven't seen many posts from him and whatnot.

Bulletproof recruiting mason doesn't sound terribly reliable, though. What if the mafia is allowed in the group because they didn't kill the leader?

Although I'm still sure Phantom is mafia, I admit it would probably help to wait and see what happens tonight. I guess Chief Zackrai would work.

Bulletproof recruiting mason doesn't sound terribly reliable, though. What if the mafia is allowed in the group because they didn't kill the leader?

Although I'm still sure Phantom is mafia, I admit it would probably help to wait and see what happens tonight. I guess Chief Zackrai would work.

Bulletproof usually only refers to getting attacked by a killing role in the night and not any other sort of death, but idk, maybe.

Why are you sure that Phantom is Mafia? Because of the "a" burglar thing? Our role PMs don't seem to all have been terribly consistent, and no one else has actually claimed burglar anyway!

Ew, inactive lynching. :( Ugh, well I guess we're going to have to default to that if Chief Zackrai doesn't post, just to get rid of dead weight, but idk since my vote won't actually make a difference I won't make it yet and hopefully Zackrai will come on and post before there's a majority!

On the Phantom thing... I'm not sure, really. Like I said earlier, if TFM would wait for the mafia to make a kill and wait for us to lynch before starting the night, then I just kind of think that he would wait for her to suggest a role, you know? It just seems easier to claim a role someone already said was in the game, too, instead of risking that no one says they suggested your role. It's more of a gut thing, and I guess if Phantom has anything to bring other than 'I forgot my night action' (because her role didn't confirm anything, either!) then I'll probably be satisfied.

On the Phantom thing... I'm not sure, really. Like I said earlier, if TFM would wait for the mafia to make a kill and wait for us to lynch before starting the night, then I just kind of think that he would wait for her to suggest a role, you know? It just seems easier to claim a role someone already said was in the game, too, instead of risking that no one says they suggested your role. It's more of a gut thing, and I guess if Phantom has anything to bring other than 'I forgot my night action' (because her role didn't confirm anything, either!) then I'll probably be satisfied.

Hm. I don't know about the first thing, but Phantom wasn't asked to roleclaim until everyone else (except Zackrai) had already said what roles they'd suggested. I wouldn't really expect the Mafia to tell the truth about what roles they suggested, anyway; it would be easy for them to frame someone the way that you're saying if they just lied about it. (this isn't relevant to Phantom, but I'm just saying)

OH GUYS.

Just got back from my Coe's Quest marathon.
And in a PM TFM sent me, along with generally laughing at me, he told me that I would die tonight /unless/ I was targeted by the Thief, in which case the Theif would steal my gun, thus keeping me from killing myself the whole game, and I suppose that the Theif would be able to use my gun in a very Vig sort of way.

OH GUYS.

Just got back from my Coe's Quest marathon.
And in a PM TFM sent me, along with generally laughing at me, he told me that I would die tonight /unless/ I was targeted by the Thief, in which case the Theif would steal my gun, thus keeping me from killing myself the whole game, and I suppose that the Theif would be able to use my gun in a very Vig sort of way.

It's completely hilarious.

Also you gave me an idea.

OK, so if I target Legendaryseeker99 and they don't die, that proves my role.

That's fine with me.

...hey, is there a second doctor? If you do roleclaim, I can heal you and you can heal me.

Back
Top Bottom