• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Designer Mafia [Day Three] Mafia win

Re: Designer Mafia [Day Two]

I know; I am curious, though, if I get to keep it or not.

YOU GET TO KEEP IT NOOB.

Negrek gave a rudeness warning for this post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ok definate healz please. And please don't call me a noob, I'm nine years older than you and been here longer. I've been in games where you keep the ability for one night, then lose it.

... I guess that was TFM confirming Phantom as innocent? Or at least not lying?

Now that we've got a confirmation for Phantom as innocent, should everyone else roleclaim? Our daytimes are as long as we need them to be, after all, so as long as no one votes we can keep it going for a while.

I'd be willing to roleclaim myself as long as other people agree to the idea; I don't want to go roleclaiming if we're just going to lynch and end the day phase.

ALSO TFM: WAS LEGENDARY MAFIA?

Last edited:

Well I am a vig/burglar. I can steal again tonight, and chose to kill someone like a vigilante. When I steal someone I take their powers so they can't use them. I think I best use both these mafia. Healers please get on with teh heals or I am screwed okpleasethanks. It can be used as a sort of inspection. I target the mafia, no mafia kill. But the chances are slim and I am most likely to hit an innocent. But about me being a noob.... TFM thank you for confirming my innocence. Now I won't get lynched.

Well I am a vig/burglar. I can steal again tonight, and chose to kill someone like a vigilante. When I steal someone I take their powers so they can't use them. I think I best use both these mafia. Healers please get on with teh heals or I am screwed okpleasethanks. It can be used as a sort of inspection. I target the mafia, no mafia kill. But the chances are slim and I am most likely to hit an innocent. But about me being a noob.... TFM thank you for confirming my innocence. Now I won't get lynched.

Are you sure you can use both of these at once? I know I'm not the GM, but it seems sort of unreasonable and I know I wouldn't do it. Plus, a jack of all trades (the role, not Gummy) can only use their powers once a night in most games, right?

Unfortunately our claimed doctor is dead (and was insane, anyway) and no one else says that they've suggested a doctor, so I guess hopefully you'll get lucky tonight! Is that how it works, then? If you steal from someone, their action that night fails as well? (hm, I wonder what would happen if you and the roleblocker targeted each other, although I still don't even know if the roleblocker can block the thief)

I'm not so sure about roleclaiming; I guess it would be fine for, say, the bulletproof recruiting mason to claim, since the Mafia wouldn't be able to kill them, anyway, and they can confirm some others as innocent for us as well. (Hopefully it wasn't Chief Zackrai!) It'd probably be a bad idea for a role like the Nexus to claim, though, because then they'd lose the advantage of the Mafia targeting them unwittingly during the night and possibly ending up targeting one of themselves. (Although everyone else roleclaiming would narrow things down so that that happens anyway.)

I figure one per night, since that would make me waaay overpowered. I forgot to edit in a slash there. My bad there.

EDIT: Was post ninja'd

Well I can assume it failed that night since if he told LS99 that if I targetted him he wouldn't kill himself, thing is he somehow did. Can he still commit suicide for a lover role without a gun? What if LS99 was lying, we still don't know his alignment, he might have been a mafia that was a lover with an innocent. It happens.

Well I can assume it failed that night since if he told LS99 that if I targetted him he wouldn't kill himself, thing is he somehow did. Can he still commit suicide for a lover role without a gun? What if LS99 was lying, we still don't know his alignment, he might have been a mafia that was a lover with an innocent. It happens.

Oh, I forgot that you got a gun from him! If you got the gun, though, your action must have been successful, right? I guess stealing from someone doesn't stop their action from going through that night, then.

If Legend was mafia, then Kam would have had to be the lover, and then why would Legend attack Kam? (Unless Legend was the mafia roleblocker and wasn't allowed to communicate with the rest of the mafia, but people in this forum generally don't seem to GM mafia roleblocker that way, so I doubt it.)

EDIT: Unless Legend was the mafia don and targeted the Nexus, in which case aha that's unfortunate poor mafia, but I think TFM would probably have remembered to note that Legend was mafia if that was the case! (Also the game would probably end.)

Unfortunately our claimed doctor is dead (and was insane, anyway) and no one else says that they've suggested a doctor, so I guess hopefully you'll get lucky tonight! Is that how it works, then? If you steal from someone, their action that night fails as well? (hm, I wonder what would happen if you and the roleblocker targeted each other, although I still don't even know if the roleblocker can block the thief)

I'm not so sure about roleclaiming; I guess it would be fine for, say, the bulletproof recruiting mason to claim, since the Mafia wouldn't be able to kill them, anyway, and they can confirm some others as innocent for us as well. (Hopefully it wasn't Chief Zackrai!) It'd probably be a bad idea for a role like the Nexus to claim, though, because then they'd lose the advantage of the Mafia targeting them unwittingly during the night and possibly ending up targeting one of themselves. (Although everyone else roleclaiming would narrow things down so that that happens anyway.)

So are you going to roleclaim or not? Are you implying that you are the nexus?

Here's the thing: we have a nearly unlimited amount of time. If everyone roleclaims, then we can have a nice, lonh, unlimited discussion about who to lynch, and if we get lucky Phantom can use her vig-powers to kill off some mafia during the night. It'll be fine!

Plus, if you roleclaim I'll roleclaim, which will hopefully help my plan make more sense to you all.

Quit asking me questions. Also I could have just said that to mess with you.

... That's it. I'm tired of waiting. I will roleclaim first.

I am the daytime vigilante. I was ridiculously close to killing Phantom on day one. We can all roleclaim, then if needed I will vigkill someone before we lynch. That way roleclaiming is very safe.

DO NOT VOTE FOR SOMEONE. ROLECLAIM SO WE CAN MOVE FORWARD, OR I WILL KILL YOU.

There is no downside! We can get a lot done in this day phase if we try.

But if you're lying, you'd get all of us to roleclaim and then we'd get picked off accordingly. Not to mention that a Designer Mafia is based on whatever unknown roles we submit (and could easily lie about).

But we can't wait for a bulletproof recruiting mason (if that's what was really suggested) or an inspector or something to inspect me. We don't know if we have one! All we have is Phantiom, who already has vig-killing powers and for all we know would just turn me into vanilla by stealing my powers.

Since we don't know whether we have a doctor (I can't recall anyone suggesting that except for the insane one which was claimed by Kam) I'll probably just die in the night.

I could kill someone if you'd like, but I can only do that once a day. I asked.

I could kill someone if you'd like, but I can only do that once a day. I asked.

Well, daykilling someone wouldn't prove your alignment anyway, since you could easily be a mafia assassin. It'd be a great idea for you to get everyone to roleclaim in that case.

Hm, I don't know. :| I'm reluctant to claim, but if everyone else wants to trust Mai and is willing to roleclaim, I suppose I can as well.

(Jack and Glace seem to have disappeared, though.)

Well, daykilling someone wouldn't prove your alignment anyway, since you could easily be a mafia assassin. It'd be a great idea for you to get everyone to roleclaim in that case.

Hm, I don't know. :| I'm reluctant to claim, but if everyone else wants to trust Mai and is willing to roleclaim, I suppose I can as well.

(Jack and Glace seem to have disappeared, though.)

That's true, but no one had said they suggested a mafia assasin so far. It would at least narrow down my role.

Maybe we should consider them for daykilling/ lynching?

I haven't quite disappeared, it's just that it's finals this week so I've only been checking TCoD like every two or three days so by the time I see Mafia stuff and want to talk about it, everybody's already said what I was going to say. Definitely don't want to be daykilled/lynched, nope nope.

That's true, but no one had said they suggested a mafia assasin so far. It would at least narrow down my role.

Maybe we should consider them for daykilling/ lynching?

No one's said that they suggested a daytime vigilante, either, have they? I do believe that you've got a role that lets you kill during the day, but having that confirmed would do nothing to help us figure out your alignment. I suppose, if we don't hear from Glace at all... :| But if she turns out to be innocent, and we accidentally lynch an innocent (I don't think daykills end the day?), then an innocent loss is extremely likely.

I haven't quite disappeared, it's just that it's finals this week so I've only been checking TCoD like every two or three days so by the time I see Mafia stuff and want to talk about it, everybody's already said what I was going to say. Definitely don't want to be daykilled/lynched, nope nope.

Well, I'd like to know your thoughts on trusting Mai and having everybody roleclaim!

So what is your opinion on roleclaiming? Do you trust me, think I'm mafia, or are uncertain and want to wait?

I'm here! I'm here! I've also had some finals this week and had three quizzes. Also perparing for a project that's worth half of my social studies and english grades due next Monday, so... Anyways, I'm kind of 50/50 on Mai. I mean, she seems really urgent (I didn't know how to say that) to kill or lynch somebody. A bit suspicious if you ask me.

Back
Top Bottom