• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Dictionary Mafia [Night 4]

Re: Dictionary Mafia [Day 2]

Because you just said who you are, basically, why can't you tell us who those two people are? If you don't say who they are, the mafia will want to kill you to shut you up, but if you say the names then you're a vanilla townie.

Ah but if I say both names now I have no collateral. I can say the two names and I get lynched and then you guys go on all happy with your info. This is me trying to stay alive here.

Shall I say the name?

So how about this, I give you one of the names, inspector go ahead and inspect that person, someone heal me so I don't die so if they person isn't the mafia person I can give you the other name.

see, but my inspections don't work like that. I choose two people , and I get told if they are the same alignment or not. I can't determine the alignment on my own, though.

I was going to suggest you give me both the names and I see if your story checks out, but I realized that would be far too simple if you were mafia...

Zackrai, did you inspect me yet? If so, who did you compare me to? Anyway, I don't want to start bandwagoning (there's a word I should have used!), considering that I'm a suspect,
but have you thought that Phantom is psuedo-fakeclaiming and he's just going to say random names? I don't know, but mythopoetize seems like that to me.

Zackrai, did you inspect me yet? If so, who did you compare me to? Anyway, I don't want to start bandwagoning (there's a word I should have used!), considering that I'm a suspect,
but have you thought that Phantom is psuedo-fakeclaiming and he's just going to say random names? I don't know, but mythopoetize seems like that to me.

A) Wait, what? Since when were you under suspicion?
B) Phantom is a she
C) Suspiiiiiiiiicious

And while further evidence is really not conclusive at all, I may as well throw all the bias I can out there as long as I'm doing it already.

I have a role, I would rather not reveal it until needed.

Or it may be that those are the only logical conclusions, that or that an alien's been activated. Your pick, but those are the only reasons that there was no death. Or roleblock... those are are options.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic in my posts, I was just commenting on how his posts were funny as well as informative.

Actually now that I'm thinking alien I think it might be good to abstain and let the mafia, I sort of hope they do, kill the alien if there is one.

Or so we know who the hell to lynch?

Phantom kind of seems really jumpy if you ask me. Superbird clearly said none of the further evidence was conclusive, and yet Phantom felt compelled to make a semi-long post replying to every point Superbird made, in stead of dismissing it calmly. Also, in making a whole big deal of the accusations, this would have put out some real argue-bait for Coloursfall if he were mafia, which he didn't take:

Not terribly much, I'm afraid. My role is fairly simple to understand but seems to be difficult to work with in any capacity, though. I'm also innocent-aligned but that's not really very helpful to say.

I will answer questions and such if you have any though.

It's entirely possible that it's just a difference in personality, and these different responses do seem to fit Phantom and Coloursfall's respective characters, but it's just a little suspicious.

And then, there's also this:

Ah but if I say both names now I have no collateral. I can say the two names and I get lynched and then you guys go on all happy with your info. This is me trying to stay alive here.

My question is, why is Phantom so worried about staying alive? She got one piece of info on night 0, which she's had plenty opportunity to share. Other than participating in the discussions, she doesn't have much more to offer us. Why won't Phantom be happy if the rest of us can "go on all happy with our info"?

I say we lynch Phantom. If she tells us her two names she's probably innocent. If she withholds them, she's mafia.

My question is, why is Phantom so worried about staying alive? She got one piece of info on night 0, which she's had plenty opportunity to share. Other than participating in the discussions, she doesn't have much more to offer us. Why won't Phantom be happy if the rest of us can "go on all happy with our info"?

I say we lynch Phantom. If she tells us her two names she's probably innocent. If she withholds them, she's mafia.

Why is this so hard for people to understand. By holding one name back I at least ensure myself one more day of being alive. I give you one name, and if it's not right, then you'll want the second one.

I just dont want to die, is that so hard to understand? :p

I already said the first name.

Me? Well, now I know that the second name is town, and I'm town also. How can this be? Think about it.

Or fakeclaim. It could always be a fakeclaim.

Is it just me, or does Phantom seem way too suspicious? As in alien suspicious. If you're innocent, Phantom, why does it matter so much that you stay alive? If us innocents win, you do as well. By holding back information without the opportunity to get more, you're only harming the group at large.

Not really in Phantom's defense but winning is infinitely more fun if you survive, which is always something I have problems with.

Phantom does appear to be suspicious, and bent on staying alive, but is that not what Mafia is about? This may only be for fun but living is always more rewarding.

That and most other forms (not internet based unless ASB) have some sort of prize

Why would I be trying so hard to stay alive if I were the alien?

It's just that I don't want to die. Still don't see why that's so hard to get?

Abstain.

Wow so many mixed feelings O_O

Wouldn't be too opposed to voting off Paul999, though.

Just to check

Wow so many mixed feelings O_O

Wouldn't be too opposed to voting off Paul999, though.

Just to check

That sort of ruins the point. If paul is the innocent one the mafia'll kill me for sure since the other name is the for sure mafia and then you won't get the name.

If it is the mafia I'm useless and just know for sure the other person is innocent. Still better than being dead I guess.

And about paul999 claiming miller, I don't think it worked that way? It wasn't an inspection, I was told one was a mafia member the other was innocent.

Also:

Me? Well, now I know that the second name is town, and I'm town also. How can this be? Think about it.

Sense this does not make.

EDIT: I'm not going to be having internet access, at least not regularly for a couple days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom