• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Disemvoweling would be kind of cool.

surskitty

「にがいのは いやだ」って…
Pronoun
they
I think dealing with spam would be funnier if there was a policy that particularly stupid spam posts would be disemvoweled as well as infracted/banned over. It'd be kind of like Tachy, except with a clearer "don't do this" thing going on.

I'm bored.

i always liked disemvoweling. It seemed like a cool concept to me, since it requires little effort.

To those of you who aren't in the know: disemvoweling is when you remove all the vowels from a post.

Like this?
thnk dlng wth spm wld b fnnr f thr ws plcy tht prtclrly stpd spm psts wld b dsmvwld s wll s nfrctd/bnnd vr. t'd b knd f lke Tchy, xcpt wth a clrr "dn't d ths" thng gng n.'m brd.

That was annoying to do, as well as to look at

The point's that it makes the person who originally posted look kind of dumb and you can still tell what they did. As it is, spam's either whacked for spam and left alone or someone bugs Butterfree into setting global-ignore on the spammer.

I also like the idea of painting dumb posts with my rainbows, though I'm not sure if that'd just be fantastic or if people would also go crazy.

I also like the idea of painting dumb posts with my rainbows, though I'm not sure if that'd just be fantastic or if people would also go crazy.

how did you do that

i demand to know how you did that

You could play Hangman without knowing how many letters are in a word!!

Very challenging.

I really don't see the point of this. Are spammers supposed to magically repent if they happen to look at their post again and find that oh, no, it's become hard to read! My, that's an incentive to stop spamming, unlike the threat of being banned from the forums and all that.

My general impression is people who don't mean to spam would respond no better to this than to an actual infraction, and Tachy is specifically for people who want to spam everything up and won't stop; I don't think they're going to shy away in embarrassment the moment they see their posts have no vowels in them.

That sounds like fun!
Doesn't it?
If that happened, I'd have to find closed-minded asswipes again.
You could play Hangman without knowing how many letters are in a word!!

Very challenging.
Best game. Best.
surskitty/Tailsy '12 \o/

The world'll never be the same.
So true! Except I think I would work better as VP. Then I could tell people to stfu.
I really don't see the point of this. Are spammers supposed to magically repent if they happen to look at their post again and find that oh, no, it's become hard to read! My, that's an incentive to stop spamming, unlike the threat of being banned from the forums and all that.

My general impression is people who don't mean to spam would respond no better to this than to an actual infraction, and Tachy is specifically for people who want to spam everything up and won't stop; I don't think they're going to shy away in embarrassment the moment they see their posts have no vowels in them.
The threat of being banned isn't really a threat :( It's very sad.

The point's that disemvoweled posts are kind of funny, I was bored, and it's possibly better than people reporting the same post for spam over and over. Or people not reporting things at all. (COME ON GUYS FIVE BILLION REPORTS IS BETTER /o\)

If you do anything to spam for it's humor value, I definitely think it should be the rainbows

Į̫̞̞͕̮̝͗́͑͗͌ͭͭ̌͞ͅ ͚̪̗͙͕͒̿̀ͥ͘͟pͬͬͯ͆ͬ͏̰̖ͅŕ̛̟̝̮̣̲̺͖ͣ̈́́͜e̱͓̗͇͐ͧ̊̍͆͢ͅf̨͉̗̰̫̬̖̮͕ͩ͋́̓̚e̤̜̭̞̋́ͨ̄̊͆ͬ̚r̘̝͔̦̦͈̓͐͘ ̓̌҉̺͈̯̫͍̕Z̵̬͕͎ͮ̋̿͒ͭ̈́ͧ̇͗͜a̡̖͕̦̜͖͐͌̐ͯ̉͢lͩͬ̀ͅg͓̳͔̻̱̼͖̩͂͑͋͐ͧ͌o͉̱̱̺̗̖͚̝͐͑͒ͭͧͯ̓ͅ ͚̩̖̞̐ͤͭ͆̆̉̌͟͞ẗ̫ͯ̓̓͟͡͝ḛ̞͚̀͒̀ͨ́͘ͅͅx͛̋ͦ̆͑͌҉̱̠̫̰̹̫̙̭̹͠t͚̻̳͓̞̩͇͙̥̏ͫ̌͛̉͜ ̼͚̘̦̠͚̗̠ͪͬͮ͘m͇̖͚̪̜͉̊͛̔̄̉̚y̢̦̗̝̫͇̣̖̫͗ͬ̂͊̋͒̏̃s̠͍͉̣͔̭͂͛̿̚e̮̥̩̥̪ͯͬ́͘l̮͎̞̋̕̕f̵̴̺̥͈̦̠̘͔̿͌ͦ̿̂ͯ͂ͣ

Back
Top Bottom