• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you have any fears or phobias?

I'll probably be posting here constantly because I get up a huge list of fears but then I always realize other things that I'm afraid of. I'm a huge coward.

1. Bees, wasps, hornets, and anything else similar. I cannot stand these motherfuckers for unknown reasons. Unfortunately, they seem to be attracted to me and I'm sure they're out to get me. I've never even been stung, but it's so bad that whenever I see a flying insect, I have to inspect it, and if anything flies past my head unexpectedly I run for it because what if it's a wasp.

2. Automatic toilets. They scare me to death because it's like they flush whenever you least expect it. "Now let me just pull up my OH SHIT FUCKING JESUS GOD CHRIST."

3. Dead things. I would have said corpses just to sound more intelligent, but that wouldn't fit, because I get nervous around dead leaves (on the condition that they're wet). I freak out at the mere thought of zombies, and those thoughts usually come to me when I'm in the shower, where I feel the most vulnerable. Something about fighting off a zombie while naked and wet (and possibly soapy) is horrifying.

I have to log off now but I have more I know I do.

KANGAROOS oh my god oh my god evil leaping rats of death. Hate them hate them hate them. No, seriously. They're evil.
Also, public speaking.

PENNYWISE.
Please just look it up... I can't even look at it without going into hysterical fits of fear and I run out of my room and avoid any drains or running water of any kind.
If you know what it is.... no pictures, please.

Eh, well...

Noises in the dark. I can never tell where they're coming from and aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. Doesn't help that I can detect absolutely any nearby sound if there are no others to obstruct it. I have to sleep with music on.

Actually, make that any sudden noise. Though I don't fear answering the phone, whenever it rings I think along the lines of "OH FU-wait..."

Same with knocking on the door or the doorbell.

PENNYWISE.
Please just look it up... I can't even look at it without going into hysterical fits of fear and I run out of my room and avoid any drains or running water of any kind.
If you know what it is.... no pictures, please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, also disease. The thought of being diagnosed with a terminal, slow-acting illness, and just waiting to...*shudders*. It doesn't help that I have had bouts of hypochondria. And some insects... beetles, mostly. Especially crawling on me. Oh, and just the unknown in general. It fascinates and terrifies me.

I quite hate you now, sir. =P
Also: I hate open spaces. Reverse of my mother, who has claustrophobia.

(... I am doing the little self-psychology thing I taught my self. :D Imagine Pennywise dancing to "Disco Heaven" in a purple suit. It actually works. :P Don't ask.)

I'm usually afraid of clowns, but that didn't creep me at all. :x

But apparently my fear of clowns has been with me since I was a little one. My parents took us to Circus Circus when we were younger and I was almost hysterical. After I got a cool dolphin stuffed animal, I pretty much calmed down.

Let's see, I can deal with pretty much any pest. My mother can't stand dead animals or live mice, so I usually have to deal with them. On the other hand, I will freak out if I see large insects near me. Spiders, cockroaches... Well, mostly cockroaches because I haven't had pleasant experiences with them. So yeah, large insects and me = no.

I believe my fear of him is from me watching the movie when I was just 7.

Also for my list: I hate spiders. Not too much, I just don't want them to fall on me. :P

Ah, see, I never saw It. I think I must be the only person who hasn't :x

And I remembered one more, which is admittedly kinda weird. It freaks me out when the shower curtain is drawn. I'm thinking I watched one too scary movies, but I just don't like it. >->

bridges, the world ending, although i love rain and thunder and lightning, i always go for a walk when it rains, and throwing anything out. also losing my favourite teddy bear. (i love kensington bave bear. thats his name. ^__________^ i love him)

bridges, the world ending, although i love rain and thunder and lightning, i always go for a walk when it rains, and throwing anything out. also losing my favourite teddy bear. (i love kensington brave bear. thats his name. ^__________^ i love him:grin:)

the world ending

Dude, never take earth science. My teacher had like a million videos about all the various ways the world could end horribly, complete with realistic 3-D renderings of the planet's surface becoming a zillion degrees after a meteor hits and famous monuments in ruins and cute animals futilely fleeing for their lives. I was so paranoid that year. :(

... I like the clown's teeth. Never really understood the whole fear of clowns thing, though it may be because my aunt is a clown who does birthday parties and stuff. They're more annoying than creepy, really.

selective eating disorder, which manifests itself as a horrible crippling fear of trying new foods. :x

Okay list continuing

4. Heights. I am terribly terrified of heights and would never be able to live in New York because of all those high-rise buildings. My dad once asked me, "Hey, if we ever went on a road trip across America, how would you like to ride to the top of the St. Louis Arch with me?" and my response was pretty much, "No," in my mouth and, "What the fuck no are you freaking kidding me you are a terrible father," in my head.

5. Redeads. 'Nuff said.

6. The thought of being a criminal. There is this girl I know who is pretty much identical to me and is only one year younger and I am afraid that she will turn into a criminal (although that's unlikely, she's a nice girl) and end up getting me arrested.

7. Wearing skimpy clothes. It makes it way easier to get to you (if you know what I mean) and also tends to scream to most men on the street to come rape you.

8. The dark. It's actually kind of stupid to not be afraid of the dark. I love cats but I cannot see in the dark.

9. Wet clothes. I tell people that I don't have a swimsuit that fits me when they ask me to come swimming, and they suggest that I just swim in the clothes I'm wearing. I cannot stand wet clothes, though.

I guess I'm not too afraid of that many things but...

Spiders. Not so much if they're on a wall or the ground or something, but I start to panic if it is on me.

Very Tight Spaces. I start to hyperventilate if I am in a tight space for too long.

Death. The idea of it scares me.

Back
Top Bottom