• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Do you have any fears or phobias?

Also for my list:
Talking on phones. Even house phones. I kinda freak out when I have to do that.
Drowning. I can barely swim. I can't even swim in 5 1/2' of water.
Computer viruses. I wouldn't want to lose everything on my computer.
The dark. Not really that severe, but I do keep a lamp on until I fall asleep.

I have an intense pathological fear of any moderately large buzzing insect that has the ability to sting and/or bite. I will literally have a spazz attack when a frickin wasp flies anywhere where I can hear the little bitch buzzing. I call it BZZZZophobia. No, fuck that, it doesn't even have to be a stinging insect. Or large. Just...any bugs really. I'm just afraid they'll land on me, which leads to...

I'm afraid of living things touching me. Like, just a really light touch makes me very squirmy. Other people are okay; I'm perfectly alright in large crowds, but it's like bugs landing on my skin, seaweed, fish, and DEAR GOD JESUS ALLAH THE SPIDERWEBS. I get all paranoid when I'm like walking in the woods or something and then just out of nowhere it's like "FRGHZZHBLARGHWHATISTHISIDONTEVEN"

Also, just the general fear that horrible things are going on inside my body. Like, arteries and whatnot getting pinched and tangled and the ever-lingering fear of parasites in any way, shape or form.

And I'm OCD.

I love bugs. They're too small to be a threat, and some of them are cool looking. Arthropods and creatures with exoskeletons look sort of like mini-robots. And even if I do have to kill one, I just squish it with my shoe.

Unless they can fly. I hate hornets (bees aren't all that bad and they're going extinct anyway, so), yellow jackets, wasps, mosquitoes, etc.

Drowning is the only thing that really scares me.

Talking on phones. Even house phones. I kinda freak out when I have to do that.

This for me too. The ringing scares me more. The fact that it could be anyone for any reason terrifies me. Every single time the phone rings and I have to answer I get paranoid that it's "Your X has died". Also since I generally have no idea what to say when talking to people, that makes it much harder. Wrong numbers scare me even more for some reason as well.

I thought I was pretty alone with the "phone rings, I am mildly shocked (not necessarily 'scared')" but there are like two people in this thread who don't like answering phones/talking on phones either? Awesome.

I find myself often wondering about whether I have some horrid medical conditions I don't know about (every time some place hurts, I'm more or less convinced I have cancer or something like that). Recently, I've started thinking more rationally but the thought still scares me a bit.

I'm also kind of afraid that if I'm alone at home all other people on the earth just magically disappear leaving me completely alone. It is rather irrational but when I'm in the right mood it feels rather scary.

I find myself often wondering about whether I have some horrid medical conditions I don't know about (every time some place hurts, I'm more or less convinced I have cancer or something like that). Recently, I've started thinking more rationally but the thought still scares me a bit..

I get this too, but what makes it worse is the thing that makes you itch when you think about itching. Whenever I think something is wrong with me, that part of me hurts, making me think even more that something's wrong with me.

I have three weird paranoias though: during the day while walking about I'll sometimes get a bit nervous and wonder whether some man's going to round the corner and shoot me. Whenever I'm on an escalator I keep thinking I'll slip or something and fall down the sharp metal steps and crack my neck. And the last one is getting my achile's tendon slashes. There's no context for this fear, sometimes it'll even be just when I'm sitting down alone in a room and suddenly I'll worry about it.

Oh, man, I've got a bunch of things like that. Most embarassing one is that I don't like nutcrackers because I have this horrible, horrible fear that, one day, someone will try and crack my teeth with a pair of them. I can't watch people craking nuts open without wincing. ><

I find myself often wondering about whether I have some horrid medical conditions I don't know about (every time some place hurts, I'm more or less convinced I have cancer or something like that). Recently, I've started thinking more rationally but the thought still scares me a bit.

This is more or less what I have. You explained it better than I could. It's just an icky, uncomfortable feeling. I can't watch Discovery Health channel at all. :p

Pretty sure the word for that is hypochondria.

As for myself, I haven't found any phobias yet, but sometimes at the most random situations I feel like I'm being followed.

Naw, I know what that is, and I believe the full definition is that plus the fact that someone who has it will go out of their way to make sure that said ailments won't happen a la paranoia.

FALLING OBJECTS. I used to walk across this beach with my dad every week, and there was a massive cliff face against the shore. Once or twice a jogger had been killed by falling rocks, so I got pretty nervous about that.

WEATHER. Won't go anywhere in a lightning storm; scared shitless of tornadoes.

HEIGHTS. Not for me.

MINESHAFTS. Just the thought of a dark, enclosed space that is below the surface of the Earth makes me shiver.

It's just as the title says.
Mine are:
Bridges. It's enough that I can't even walk over a really short bridge.
Heights. Couple that with bridges and you've got a really freaked out Mawile.
Failure. I constantly worry that what I'm doing isn't good enough.
Dancing. I never dance at all. It just feels scary.
Making decisions. I worry that I'll make the wrong one.
Public speaking. I really freak out when I have to talk to 30+ people in public.

So what are yours?

I've been looking through this thread to try and remind myself of some hidden phobia I have.

I didn't come up with anything. I'm boring :<

Although in my younger days, I was afraid of tight spaces (like, really tight) and dogs. Maybe death, too. And love.

Being lonely.
Hospitals.
Moths.
Exposing my body in a public area. I have to swim in a t-shirt. I don't own any shorts. I will wear hoodies in the middle of summer.

...to a lesser extent, spoons. I will only ever eat cereal and yoghurt with spoons. Save that, I'm actually pretty frightened of the concept of using a spoon with my main meals.

This is more or less what I have. You explained it better than I could. It's just an icky, uncomfortable feeling. I can't watch Discovery Health channel at all. :p

I have to agree.

My dad's side of the family is basically ruined in terms of health (Cancer, kidney failure, joint problems...), so if I feel any pain in my side, I just panick and start shoving anything healthy I can find in my mouth. xD

Eh, well...

Noises in the dark. I can never tell where they're coming from and aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. Doesn't help that I can detect absolutely any nearby sound if there are no others to obstruct it. I have to sleep with music on.

Bugs that can bite or sting, and also house flies for some reason. That said, I'm not at all freaked out by the really really big but harmless bugs, and plan to have a goliath beetle when I'm older.

Shots or anything else involving injection. Enough said.

Dying young...because I do not believe in an afterlife of any sort.

Also, caves and tunnels. Especially really small ones.

-Talking infront of a cround: Oh, God. I'm really shy and get nervous easily, and even if It's a group of friends, I start shaking and sweating. I would just die. (Oddly enough, I did a skit infront of my whole grade and I felt perfectly fine. o_O Which reminds me...)

-Acting: I'm afraid I might mess up and then everybody will pick on me. I'm just not good with doing things infront of people...I don't how in the world I survived the skit, but I wasn't scared at all. Maybe It's because I was dressed up as someone I like?

-The dark, sometimes: I tend to keep my eyes open before I go to sleep, so sometimes I think I see figures in the dark. Depending how light it is, I've seen things move and such. o_O

-Getting made fun of or pointed out: Everytime that happens, I feel like I'm going to cry. Actually, I usually hold back my tears until I get home or whatever, then I can't even speak to my mom. It's the same on the internet, though a tiny bit less. It's actually quite depressing.

-Cats: I love cats, I honestly do. But, I'm afraid they might bite or scratch me. Plus, I'm allergic. Cats just have always scared me...

-Messing Up: Somewhat self-explanitory.

-Accidentally saying something wrong: If I ever do that, I usually get scared to death thinking I won't be friends with that person anymore. Friends are important to me.

-Anyone hating me: I know I'll never be loved by everyone, but it just scares and saddens me to know there's someone who probably wants me dead or whatever.

-Making Threads on Fourms: o_o;;; Does anyone else have this problem? I didn't even post on the Introductions Thread...

I have afew more, but that's mainly it. :x I can be somewhat claustraphobic, but it depends, I guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom