• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Drawsborough

Danni, I love you~ You know I do. :3 Only you could think that my weird haphazard two year old drawings are cute~ Strange Masterpiece IS awesome, I just have to say that though. (And Quentin sounds pretty awesome! Wow, I'm being compared to that. I don't think I'm as good as someone who does illustrations for Dhal books!)

Oh, I've got one new drawing. Only one, oh dear~ But I've got a lot of uncoloured ones I'm working on as well, I just don't want to show you them until they're finished. (Stylin' Arylett is in the works still~ X3 Oh and Spoonie, if you're reading this, all I have to do is colour Tobé.)

I think it's a pretty nice one though! I did it as Zora's birthday present. It's of a character in an RP that both her and me are in:

Sheila the black Ninetales.

Last edited:
Okay, Strange Masterpiece's teeth look creepy but I do like the inscription-things he has going along his tail (I think it's his tail? It's sort of hard to make out - I think it'd look awesome revamped, anyways).

I really like Claton~ The eye and the sort of extra arm things coming from it's shoulder and I don't know but it looks cool. Leaf Dancer makes me thinks of bugs. :P

Aah, Zora's present looks awesome~ The colouring looks really good and the pose, especially of the tails, is pretty cool. S'pretty.

Also - I don't know, this picture in particular made me think of the Quentin Blake stuff. Could just be me, though. :P

Yes sir (ma'am?), it's a tail. I told you it was pretty abstract! ;;Wags finger;; But the teeth/head thingy-majigger is sticking out of its wing. The real head is that pointy part with the black "M"-like shape on it.

Claton, fwee, who knows what I was thinking when I drew that? Who knows? Leaf Dancer actually makes me think more of a fish for some reason. I'm glad you like it though~ (Oh my, revising these messes of Creations will be quite a task)

Let me tell you something Kinova, those tails were a pain to colour. I'm really happy that it came out well! Prettypretty, shinyshiny~

Hmm... I can see what you're getting at... I think maybe it's the way I drew the nose. Yeah, it's the nose that probably makes you think of Quentin Blake.

And now, another update! Wow, two in a row~

First off, I finished Tobé for Spoonie~ We did an art trade deal, so yeah. He's a wolf character of hers:
Tobe~

Also, here's one of him in black and white. I was messing around with some buttons on my scanner and found a "Black" button on it.

This fine lass here is Mourmedy, one of my RP characters. (I play her in Sin and in Dreams of the Past. There's also another, younger version of her that I play. But this one is not the same as that Mourmedy.) Oh, she's so awesome I just had to draw her:

Mourmedy.

Here's Mourmedy in black and white. Oh, messing around with that button is so fun~

I wanted to prove that all you needed to do to make something Arylett was three things. Give it curls of some sort, glasses, and my signature necklace. Also, I was feeling sort of birdy. This here is a character for another RP I'm in as well. But I think this proves my Arylett theory (why yes, the tail feathers are based on the Curly-Tailed Bird):
Arylett Ze Pidgeotto.

And finally (why yes, I have been doing a lot of drawing today~ This update is an ART EXPLOSION~), yet some more RP characters! Geez, I'm really obsessed with the RPs, aren't I? These two characters are from the same RP Zora's birthday present is from~ (The RSP is the name of it) I did it for Stormecho. It's of Basaina (Stormecho's character, the Arcanine) and Halan (moon-panther's character, the Lucario), who have a little romance going on. He's towelling her off. Oooh:

Halan and Basaina.

On that note, HALAN STILL HAS A GURLYGURLFAHREND~

Last edited:
Ahaha; an RP character I actually know, huzzah~ (Uh, Mourmedy. But not that Mourmedy.) Her eyes look really good, sort of intense, and her hair looks cool. A couple of things, though: her lower arm (er, elbow-to-wrist area) is a lot shorter than the upper part (elbow to shoulder wow I really don't know my body parts) so it looks sort of disproportionate. I do like the folds in her coat~

Ehe, I love how fluffy the Arcanine and Lucario are. x3 Halan's anatomy is well proportioned and his fur looks snazzy~

Also! I like the colours you've used on Tobé - and he's all fuzzy, too.

Black and white stuff is groovy~

Oh, I see what you mean about the arms. Had a bit of trouble with them actually. Yark, this is why I don't like drawing humans. Practice, practice! That is what I shall do. (Also, Stylin' Arylett will make some excellent practice~ She's almost done, actually, just needs a few tweaks here and there.) And maybe I should draw the other Mourmedy... Hmm...

Snazzy~ I'm glad you like the fluffyness~ I was messing around with my outline pen~ But it's snazzy with PIZZZZZAAZZZZ~

Black and white stuff is groovy, Kinovacakes. It is~

I love the Ninetales you did for Zora. The shading/colouring on the tails is amazing~
The other RSP pic is great, too; you're just damn good at drawing canines :3

I also really love Tobe's scarf. The fuzzy colouring is nice, too, but I have a weakness for scarves :3

Aww, Danni, you're sweet. :3 (And we all know about your weakness for scarves, we all know dear. X3 ;;Points to Danniscarf;; Oh, I love your Danniscarf man. I wish I had one~)

Also Blastoise, I'm on it. I'll give it a whirl, yes.

I'm insanely slow on commenting on the awesome Tobé picture, sorry, about that ^^; I adore it nonetheless <3 I love his ears, because they're so fluffy, and such <3 The scarf's wonderous, too, especially the snowflake design, which I would have overthought and make a no-so-good design. His tail is wonderously fluffy, and such. Oh, and his muzzle/snout/whatever has superb atanomy (I just recently learned to pronouce that word correctly, sad, isn't). I adore his googgles, which have that googgle-ish feel to them x3 I've noticed that you've done the underbelly tuck by the hind legs, which I often forget *supposely-good-at-canine-atamony* Oh, and the greyscale copy is wonderful. Thank you, Arylett, and I'll need to match this in awesomenoticy with my half <33333~

I'll review, your other pictures in a bit *lazy'd*

Ah, Spoonie~ I'm glad you liked him. ^^ You're most welcome~ (Now, you take your time on Atnura, don't feel you have to rush!) And I thought you couldn't see the snowflake design, that it was too small in this picture, but I guess I was wrong. Also, yay, you said awesomenocity! :D ;;Gives you many Awesome Points;; Spoonie added it to her Spoonish Dictionary~

And yes, I will draw Blaziken for you, pokedreamer~

I'm so sorry the requests took so long, you guys, but fret not! I've finally got them~ (School. It sucks like a son of a bitch, I'll tell you. All the assignments they give you! And it's not cool, secret agent assigments either. D<)

Here's Blastoise 428's avvie drawn, I hope I did it justice:
For Blastoise~

And here's Blaziken for you, pokedreamer:

Blaziken.

Yeah, that's all I've got you guys~ Oh dear, after that ART EXPLOSION, I'm all arted out! But don't worry (pfft, as if you would worry about my art troubles), I've got some stuff I've got to colour, so I'll have that up later~

Last edited:
I love how Blastoise's avvie came out; the right wing (his left) looks gorgeous, and the lines all look really soft and fluffy~ The feet, and how they rest on the ground is really cool, too.

Blaziken's pose is lovely and the colouring/shading is wonderful. Awesome stuff.

Aaah the Blaziken~ I'm biased toward Blaziken fanart anyway, but that is rather awesome. So fluffy and fliffy and bright; I like the colouring and the flaming wrists, too. The only thing I'd say is the arms are protruding from his chest area rather than his shoulders, which looks a little odd. (I always feel stupid commenting on finished stuff like that, though, because to fix it the artist'd have to draw out the whole thing again... which personally I wouldn't want to. So, uh, yeah.)

The wings on Blastoise's one look froovy, too~ X3 I love that word now.

Thank you guys. ^^ And I'm glad you liked it, Blastoise~ I see what you mean about the arms, I did have a bit of trouble with them~ And froovy is a very awesomenocity word, it's groovalicious, Kinova man. ;D

So yeah, Arylett is not dead people! In fact, she lives~ Unhappily because of all the homework she has to do, but she still lives~

And she has a bit of art for you. Just a bit. I have been drawing and I do have a million unfinished uncoloured drawings, but I'm crazyobsessive and don't like to show people my drawings until they are finished, you see. So you won't be seeing them until they're coloured. But worry not, you will be seeing them eventually~

First, I'll start us off with some random doodles. Just felt like doing them, randomly. I call them "Arylettgifts." X3:

Arylettgifts of awesomenocity!

And here's something I think you'll all quite like. X3 It's me, dressed up as the girl in my avatar, Rinoa. Since most of you seem to think I look like her:

Arynoa~!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom