• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Drawsborough

Aaah, the DNA snake thing is absolutely amazing; I love the idea and design of it~
What kind of Pokedex data would it have? What moves would it have?

Autumn Down looks very cool; the diving upwards pose is cool, and if it has the autumny colours I'm imagining it to, it'll look amazing when it's coloured :D

What types are Orotop/Orotail? Orotop looks very Grassy, maybe Poison too, while Orotail looks almost Dragony, and the "oro" part makes me think of Steel. They both look great.

Ooh, Creations~ These're always so interesting to look at. :D

I'm just repeating what Kai and Danni said here, but I really like the concept of the Strand Snake. How big would it be, though? I first imagined it as DNA-strnad size, but realised that would be a bit too tiny. X3;

Orotail is cool; I love his sort of scythe-thing at the end of his tail, and the "Don't mess with me" expression that I'm seeing. (That could just be me, mind.) Autumn Down is pretty~ I like the leafy-feathers on the wings (that's what they are, right?) although it might be a little awkward to land on feet like that, all leafy and stuff.

Optrop's design is... bizarre, but cool. The legs, feet and root/vine area reminds me of Giratina for some reason, though. o_O

Types? Oh no, they're not Fakemon~ They're just random monsters of mine, which I call Creations. Although if they WERE Fakemon... I would make Autumn Down Grass/Flying and Orotail a Steel-type (its tail makes me think of some sort of switch blade) and Strand Snake would be Psychic, I don't know why, it just would. Oh and Optrop would be Grass. It is very grassy indeed~

It'd be pretty big actually, umm... I'd say 3 feet or so tall. X3 Oooh, I'm glad it's a good idea! I was just... sitting in Biology one day and it hit me. DNA snake. And I just HAD to draw it. It does look rather... don't mess with me-ish actually. And yes, they are leafy wings. And it is going to be autumn coloured~ I'll fix the feet in the revision!

Quite bizzare. X3 I just... I draw. And Weird Stuff comes out. Seriously, I barely gave ANY of my Creations more than a single thought. I just drew and whatever came out, came out. That's why they may be bizarre or not make sense. Don't worry Kai, you'll be able to make sense of them when I redraw and revise them~ (The head is the pointy part near the two leafy things at the top. I don't know if you know what I'm talking about, since I am HORRID at explaining things) And thank you Black Yoshi~ I'm mostly just lazy and procrastinate and I have THREE AP classes. So yeah~ That's why Arylett is just wow with drawing laziness.

But I DO have an old drawing I forgot to post. Drew it like a month ago. You guys wouldn't get it. It's of me and a very good friend of mine, her name is Ri~ I drew the two of us together and it's just CHOCK FULL OF INJOKES and you wouldn't get it at all, so don't even try (and it doesn't really look like her, but I only had one picture for reference and a vagueish description. I NEED TO FIX IT):

Ri-Lett~!

And something I posted in the OS club, but never posted here. It's of me, in a Spaeklerobe, which I stole from Spaekle, but then Crazy Linoone stole it back, and now I don't have the Spaeklerobe anymore (another weird injokey type thing):

My Spaeklerobe!

Just cleaning out my old drawings and stalling. Oh Arylett, you HAVE to have something new eventually. (And I fully acknowledge that I am crap at humans and that the Ri-Lett picture is just FULL of anatomical mistakes, like with the folded arms, which I had trouble with like you wouldn't believe.)

Last edited:
Linoone the stalker appeared!

Linoone made a comment!

"Awesomeocity. Love the poses and expressions and everything else."

Linoone the stalker escaped!

Oh geez; that's my problem. I assume every fake animal is a Pokemon. Whoops.

Hehe, aww. You're much better at drawing humans than you think; you're really good at faces, which are the most important part. The Spaeklerobe would look really good coloured in, but so would all the Creations so, uh, just colour in everything! :D

Thanks Linoone!

And aww, you really think so, Danni? D'aww. I didn't think my faces were good! I've always thought they were the worst part. (apart from... hands. And legs. And arms. And just EVERYTHING.) I'll colour it all right~

I still haven't done that request and yes, I know. I'm getting to it. I just want to get some things out of the way, and then I'll finish it. It's just taking a long time. It's a big type of deal. I'm so sorry you've had to wait so long.

Right so here's something that you've probably been waiting a LOOONG time to see coloured. It's the one, the only, the amazing, Queen ARRRRYYYYLETT:
Queen ARYLETT in COLOUR!

And something I said I'd do a long time ago. It's of me, wearing the highly fashionable Kinovahat, Arylettjumper, Arylettrousers, Slash Googles, Danniscarf, Spoonshoes, and Spoonsocks (on my HANDS for a nice twist):

Stylin' Arylett.

And for Kinovacakes' Birthday, a VEEEERY late piece of birthday art. (her birthday was like... ages ago. A month or so ago, I believe) This atrocity that you are about to look at is called Kinovarylett. It's a weird... injoke-type thing between me and Kinova. A combination of Arylett and Kinova. It just DOES NOT MAKE SENSE but it is very colourful (Oh and the weird look on her face is called the Kinovarylettdeathsleepystare. Which is a look that is supposed to look both angry and asleep at the same time.):

Kinova's Birthday Present.

And there you go! ...Wow, I actually posted some coloured stuff. Amazing.

To conclude, Arylett likes to draw herself in lots of crazy and crackish outfits. And also, Arylett has too many wild ideas in that Aryletthead of hers.

Last edited:
Haha; best update ever.

Ooh; where to start? The colouring on the Queen Arylett one is really, really great; you're so good at clothes; the creases are where they should be, and the shading on the skirt in particular is very good.

Oh, the Stylin' Arylett one is just too cool for school XD I nearly died laughing over it; the OS'ers are a crazy, crazy bunch. And you might just win the title of craziest - which you should take as a massive compliment.

And I approve so much of the Kinovarylett it's not funny; just look at all those rainbows! :D I'm guessing it's probably for the best not to ask about the stack of hats, but I admit I'm very intrigued XD

Eep. :D

You already know how much I love the Kinovarylett (waistcoaty-top thing, hats! <3) but hurray anyway~ The cloak is also really awesome and damn I wish I had a real one. Oh, and the half-a-pair-of-glasses monocle thing is great. :D

Queen Arylett has one enormous ruff there. XD Can't argue with it's Queenlyness, though. I have to agree with Danni about the folds in the clothing - they're in the right places and fairly discreet, so they look natural. Are those mittens she's wearing? Queenly mittens. X3

Ahaha; Stylin' Arylett has arrived~ XD Fudge, the Arylett Jumper/Trousers have out-floofed your hair! Would've thought? X3 The rainbow feather in the Kinovahat looks really cool, with all the colours (took me three attempts to spell that ;>>) blended together~ Much like in the Kinovarylett one, haha. I like the design on the Spoonsocks/shoes (looks like a snowflake) and the Danniscarf is awesome and bright.

So much colour! At least you have Fewer Arylettopian Ideas to do now. :3

ARYLETT IS EMITTING MASSIVE RAINBOWS

Spoon socks? Spoon shoes? :D?

And Arylett is very very curly. How do you draw things so curly? I can never make things look as curly as you can. But then of course, you're Arylett the Queen of Arylettopia and Curliness. I guess I can never be as good at making things curly as you.

Too cool for school~ I like that phrase, uh-huh. I'm glad you guys liked them, I'm glad my CRAZY CRACKISH ARYLETTOPIAN IDEAS amuse you. Thank you, thank you, oh, comments are awesomenocity of the largest levels! And yeah Kinova, that ruff is ENORMOUS, but Queenly! It's a Queenly Ruff of Queenly Pride! I'm also so glad you loved your birthday present! (It's a semi-glass. Yep! A semi-glass, that half glasses thingy.) And of course! Queen Arylett wears Queenly Mittens! Of the Moste Queenish Variety. Impossible! Nothing can outfloof Aryletthair! Not even Arylett- oh right... Arylettjumpers and Arylettrousers are made of Aryletthair. So yes, they DO outfloof my hair. Oh my God, I never thought it would happen. And yes, Fewer Arylettopian Ideas. But remember Kinovacakes, the Arylettopian Mind NEVER stops making ideas.

Oh and Danni, it's seven hats, one for each day of the week. It was... surprisingly Kinova's idea. Ahahaha~ Hurrah, I'm the craziest OSer! Oh wait... I'm certifiably mad, remember? Ooh, I thought my creases were crap and too... overdone. But yaay, apparently they're good.

ARYLETT IS INDEED EMITTING MASSIVE RAINBOWS. And after this update? She'll be emitting MORE RAINBOWS. Spoonsocks and Spoonshoes, inspired by Spoonie, the OSer who is always drawn as an ACTUAL SPOON in OS Group Pictures. ;;Amused;; I drew the snowflake thingy on them because that's the design I drew on the scarf for her wolf character and I thought it would be appropriate~ And I don't know! I don't know how I draw things so curly... I just do? I just... scribble a bunch of circles. Really messy circles. And... that's the magic of Arylettfloofcurls.

Right so you liked them apples? (Or rather... rainbows~) And I've got some more, some more rainbows right here! Well just one picture really, but still! I just finished it today, it's hot off the press, and it's a birthday picture for Danni that I never drew. Oh and in it, she's apparently... emitting some sort of rainbow Thunderbolt... I don't know what I was thinking really when I coloured it, I just know that I wanted to include RAINBOWS in there somehow and I did (Yeah, this week I've been going through and getting my birthday pictures for people out of the way. So expect to see a few more, I have one friend who I owe two birthday pictures and another who has her birthday coming up):

Elphachu!

It may not be much, but I hope you guys enjoy it. And also that Danni enjoys it too.

Last edited:
To reiterate: OMG I loves it more than words can say <3 Aaaah, the rainbow!Thunderbolt is something that I have a feeling will be popping up in other arts now and again because it is so, so cool.
Ehehe, it's amaaaaaazing~

Ahaha, I'm glad you like it Danni~ And you too, Eeveeskitty! Oooh, popping up in other arts, you say Danni?

Oh so I'm working on that banner for Eeveelution. And it should be in my next update. But for now, I have one more picture. (And yes, from now on, I'll be doing updates a bit differently. I'll post one or two pictures, but I'll post updates more frequently, instead of having ART EXPLOSIONS. I like it better this way.)

I just finished it today. It's that one picture I posted a few days ago, uncoloured. The Ri-Lett one with the folded arms? Well, I coloured it. And added MORE injokes that you wouldn't understand unless you were me or the Awesomely Cool Ri who is Megawesomenocity and I won't ramble about how much I love her, I'll just show you the picture (Oh and I made a few changes and edits, mostly to Doctor Ri, to make it look more like her. Also fixed the folded arms. And yes, I know. SHE ONLY HAS ONE EYE. But I tried to draw the other one, but it just didn't look as good so I didn't bother. She commented on this when I showed her the picture. I said I would add the eye, if she wanted. She said: "Leave it~ It's cool enough. I can just be the One-Eyed Ri Doc then." X3):
Ri-Lett COLOURED!

And I'll have the LONG AWAITED BANNER next update, I do declare.

Last edited:
Elphachu!!!! Emitting massive rainbows of rainbowyness!!! Awesomeocity!!!! Fabulocity!!! Yesocity!!!! Linoone is tying too many exclamation marks!!!

Yes. And I love the shading on your suit~

Thanks you guys~

Oooh, ooh! Guess what time it is?

ART EXPLOSION TIME!

I'm taking part in the December Draw-A-Thon. So I have quite a bit to show you guys~

Enough of my babbling! Here (and yes, I know. I posted this in the OS Club. Well I'm posting them here too. This IS my Art Thread, after all.):

December 1st, the Ri-Lett picture with some add-ons. (I suppose you could say I FINISHED it December 1st. I drew and coloured the briefcases on that day. THEY COUNT. And yes, even MORE injokes you guys wouldn't understand. Just don't ask~)

December 2nd, Flareon, Jolteon, and Eevee. Eeveelutions Part 1. For Eeveelution's Banner.

December 3rd, Vaporeon and Umbreon. Eeveelutions Part 3.

December 4th, Leafeon, Glaceon, and Espeon. Eeveelutions Part 3.

December 5th, Anne Stanton, a character of mine. (I got her name from a book. You get 20 Awesome Points if you can tell me which. How I created her is actually sort of... crazy. I changed my name to "Anne Stanton" on MSN because I thought the character's name was just so awesomenocity and somehow... I made her into a whole new character seperate from the one in the book I read, because I started acting different with the name Anne Stanton. And I drew her according to how I think someone with that name would look. I could go into more detail, but it's really quite crazy. And yes, I was going for a Bitchy School Teacher look. I love Anne Stanton. Both the way she looks and acts and her name! Some people have told me she looks like me actually... hmm... Aaah well. I'm quite proud of this picture actually! For the first time, I'm somewhat satisfied with the human anatomy! Best human I've ever drawn, in my opinion.)

And today's picture? I'll have it later, it's still being worked on.

And here's some non-Draw-A-Thon things:

This is the first of two birthday pictures I did for one of my best friends, Rasu~ I haven't showed them to her yet, I'm scanning them first before I give them to her. It's a Phoenix, because she asked me to draw her one:

Phoenix for Rasu~!

This other one is a complete surprise, she has no idea what it is. It's her, dressed as Tifa for Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. Ahahaha, she'll never see it coming:
Tifa Rasu~!

And that's all for today! ART EXPLOSION, yes. I must go now~ Enjoy! (And if you're wondering why it says "ANGELA/Arylett", yes, that is my real name.)

Last edited:
WOW~ Yay art explosion~ *trying to get 20 awesome points*
All the King's Men?

Awesomesauce~ I loves the phoenix the bestfuls. So colourfuls and prettyfuls.

Tifa~

Yayz, eeveelutions, I likes Eeveelutions~

Wow, you finally finished! (I've been busy with school and holidays and stuff, so haven't been able to check until now.) Arlyett, you've outdone yourself again!

Did you Wiki that, ES? ;;Gives *20 anyway;; And thank you~

Oh, I haven't finished yet. Those are just sketches. Now here comes the hard part - sticking them on the banner and colouring them. But I'm glad you like the sketches~

Back
Top Bottom