• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Electric Soldier Porygon Exaggeration?

I still think they should have edited the episode to not contain the flashes rather than ban it. The fact that Porygon hasn't shown up again ticks me off, because it's one of my favorite Pokemon.

What really depresses me about the Porygon episode seizures, though, was the fact that on the news soon after, they played the clip that gave seizures on the news again, leading to more seizures. "ooh hey this clip gave people seizures, let's ban the episode but show the clip again lolololol"

I saw the flashes on a youtube video, and even though they were bright, they shouldn't have banned the episode. Editting it would have worked fine, as other people have said.

From what I've heard, the probable reason that Porygon and pals haven't shown back up in the anime is because they were, in essence, unique computer programs. When the explosion happened, they were deleted, permanently, due to the destruction of the computer. Kinda like Rockman.EXE towards the beginning of his manga... only he came back... Does anyone even get that ref?

Ahh, I've seen the seizure thing. I luckily didn't have a seizure, but I understand why anybody who did DID. However, it wasn't the whole episode, so it shouldn't have been banned.

What really depresses me about the Porygon episode seizures, though, was the fact that on the news soon after, they played the clip that gave seizures on the news again, leading to more seizures. "ooh hey this clip gave people seizures, let's ban the episode but show the clip again lolololol"

This is awesome fail, I did not know this

From what I've heard, the probable reason that Porygon and pals haven't shown back up in the anime is because they were, in essence, unique computer programs. When the explosion happened, they were deleted, permanently, due to the destruction of the computer. Kinda like Rockman.EXE towards the beginning of his manga... only he came back... Does anyone even get that ref?

Yeah, but the explosion didn't damage Porygon at all...?

Erm... I am PRETTY sure that there are more than one. You CAN get them as prizes at the game corner in the games, after all, which is owned by Team Rocket, which would mean, due to the Anime being based on the Games, that Team Rocket, at the very least, has copies

Hmm... I wonder if they were the ones that made the dubious disc...

Ahh, I've seen the seizure thing. I luckily didn't have a seizure, but I understand why anybody who did DID. However, it wasn't the whole episode, so it shouldn't have been banned.
You know, there were less than a thousand people who did have seizures, which basically means that only a tiny, tiny percentage of the people who watch it would get seizures.

Wait a second... forgive me if this is common knowledge or anything, I've been out of the loop for months now...

Are you all saying that Porygon and it's evos are not allowed to be put into any future episodes?

^ Not necessarily; they haven't been put in an episode ever since.

-.- Dang you anime.

Okay, look.

If you make an episode that gives kids seizures and almost bans the whole series, you do /not/ put anything that could represent that episode in your show ever again. Ever.
Like, say, the Twin Towers. You don't really see them in shows that often, either.

The whole "It's Pikachu's fault" scenario is really rediculous because Pikachu is a /cartoon character./ He doesn't exist. No one really cares about the fictional character caused the seizures to happen in the sense of the cartoon -- they care about the seizures, and the people who made the cause of them in the first place. Think about it. If there's anyone to blame it on, it's the people who made the episode, ffs, not the cartoon characters.

Seriously, making a flashing red and blue screen is /really/ smart. There is a very good reason why you don't see any of the Porys, and a good reason why the episode was banned. Stop trying. :/

quickedit: 618 is the number, which is a small portion of the children watching pokemon at that time. That's true - but making a very popular show go on hiatus for a few months is a pretty good feat.

Last edited:
Seriously, making a flashing red and blue screen is /really/ smart. There is a very good reason why you don't see any of the Porys, and a good reason why the episode was banned. Stop trying. :/.

You make a good point, except right here. You say you can't blame Pikachu, since it's a fictional character, which I agree with. However... why does that mean Porygon shouldn't be in any further episodes? Just don't include and flashing red and blue lights.

If you make an episode that gives kids seizures and almost bans the whole series, you do /not/ put anything that could represent that episode in your show ever again. Ever.
Like, say, the Twin Towers. You don't really see them in shows that often, either.

Ep is called Electric Soldier /Porygon/. It features Porygon.

I like Porygon. Why did they have to ban it. They could remove the flashes. And hundreds is an exaggeration.

From EeveeSkitty

Back
Top Bottom