• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Energy Drinks

Which is your favorite energy drink?

• Red Bull

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Monster

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • AMP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Vault

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Full Throttle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rockstar

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Bonk! Atomic Punch

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Cocaine

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Ughhh.... no! That stuff is terrible for you.

Votes: 15 36.6%

• Total voters
what are you talking about? I don't even remember posting in this thrOF COURSE I HAVE THEY BELONG TOGETHER THAT IS JUST WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU VICIOUSLY REMOVE THE SPINAL CORDS OF PUNY HUMANS

Have I mentioned I love this forum.

On topic, I voted cocaine. :3

I don't do cocaine or drink energy drinks, each are very damaging to the body. If you want an energy drink, go buy Young Living brand Wolfberry Juice.

I guess I'm the odd one out in that I actually drink energy drinks :P

Aside from the obviously joke ones on the list, I actually quite like all of them except for Red Bull. And with Red Bull it's less about taste (it's certainly not my favourite, but it's drinkable) and more about how absurdly overpriced it is, even compared to other energy drinks.

Rockstar's my favourite though. Inked is also amazing but sadly it's apparently exclusive to Canadian 7-11's.

The funny thing is, there was an energy drink called cocaine before the FDA pulled it from US shelves.
th-that's the joke. is that not the joke? I think we had that cocaine drink here for a while. we have one called 'hemp' or something as well, I think.

I don't like soft drinks, let alone energy drinks or gatorade or something. I pretty much drink exclusively water or tea or chocolate milk or something. If I need energy, sometimes I have coke for that?

I don't like the taste of energy drinks.

Gatorade/Powerade are great though. I prefer the former but apparently they don't have it in Europe?

I can't have any anymore (I'm sensitive to caffine now after being an ex addict) but I did like lucazade.

It's a toss up between Monster and Rockstar. Really, most of them will do, besides Red Bull, which is weak. You forgot NOS, though I don't know how available that is in Europe. NOS sponsors anime conventions and fighting game tournaments, so there's free NOS available at big cons, and that's something in their favor.

If you folks are deathly afraid of energy drinks or caffeine in general, avoid caffeinated chewing gum at all costs. That is some stern stuff.

My favorite ways to energize in a hurry are those energy shots (5 Hour Energy) and MiO Energy (don't know if that's available in Europe). The energy shots taste like chalk, but what the commercials claim is quite true. MiO is a water flavoring mix. Just add to water and it tastes fruity. The energy version is really efficient as far as caffeine to cost ratio, and you only have to add as much as you want. It's usually how I energize nowadays.

As for the bonus question, Gatorade is way easier to get than Powerade nowadays where I live. They're about the same otherwise.

I can't say I've ever had an energy drink in its entireity. I have tasted a couple, and most taste like sugary vomit, if you ask me.

Also Gatorade and Powerade are roughly equivalent to me. :/

Lucozade. Although I barely ever take energy drinks.

The only one on that list that I've heard of is Red Bull.

I only drink water and milkshakes.
So, I guess mine is Jamocha shakes.
Yes that needed to be capitalised because JAMOCHA SHAKES ARE THE BEST THING EVER OKAY

.You forgot NOS, though I don't know how available that is in Europe. NOS sponsors anime conventions and fighting game tournaments, so there's free NOS available at big cons, and that's something in their favor.

*snip*

My favorite ways to energize in a hurry are those energy shots (5 Hour Energy) and MiO Energy (don't know if that's available in Europe). The energy shots taste like chalk, but what the commercials claim is quite true. MiO is a water flavoring mix. Just add to water and it tastes fruity. The energy version is really efficient as far as caffeine to cost ratio, and you only have to add as much as you want. It's usually how I energize nowadays.

Oh, right, NOS. It's good, but really powerful, in both flavour and caffeine content. I like the taste (as far as taste it's probably my third favourite after Rockstar and Inked) but I tend to avoid it most of the time because it's really goddamn strong.

Hrm...never liked those 5-hour energy shots. They just never did it for me. In fact they always did the exact things they advertised they'd never do (short jittery burst of energy that lasts about five minutes with a massive crash afterwards). But I do know they work for some people, just not me.

Seen MiO in stores, but never tried it. Heard good things, though.

My favorite energy drink is called "Nerd." Its logo is (or was, looks like they changed it) a glowing green brain, which pleases me greatly. They claim it has a special formula for increasing focus and whatnot but I'm skeptical so I attribute that to the placebo effect. It tastes good, though.

As for mainstream energy drinks, Monster would be my pick. For when I don't want caffeine I'll have a powerade or gatorade. I tried to get myself onto Vitamin Water but it's expensive and the flavor is too faint.

I dislike energy drinks strongly but I admit to drinking Mountain Dew as a morning pick-me-up.

Although I'd rather drink straight-up juice, I guess gatorade is nice.

Back
Top Bottom