• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Open Era of Escape: Days of the Damned

Zora of Termina

forget your high society
Pronoun
fucking guess
~*~*OOC Thread*~*~

A thunderous slam as the door to the cell at the end of the hallway opened. One of the denizens, an azure-haired woman beaten half to death, slowly opened her eyes to see two people being locked into more chains by that guard. One, a redheaded woman who looked older than she, was putting up quite an impressive fight, and the other, white-haired with blond streaks and not much older than seventeen, if that, was knocked out and already chained in.

Although it wasn’t long before the red-haired woman too was locked in and the door shut tight again.

“No… NO!” the chains could be heard rattling with the woman’s struggle. “No… They’re gonna go after Clive next…”

“C-calm down…” the Rocket in the cell croaked out, “Fighting will just make it worse… do you know what they do to the fighters…? They’re the first to go…”

“First t'… go…?”

It was around then that the white-haired girl shifted. “Nnngh… it’s dark…” the spot where her tattoo was still stung a bit. She tried to reach up to rub it, only to find… “Wha… chains?! Where the hell am I?!”

"Settle down... clearly they think you're working with us, otherwise you wouldn't be here..." Azurra looked up at the ceiling, coughing. "And I can only imagine what they did with Hera... brainwashing... torture... ugh..."

"Who's Hera...?"

"My Gardevoir... we were all stripped of our Pokemon and weapons when we were captured... I would imagine the same happened to you..."

"...Stripped of..." the red-haired woman almost instantly looked down. "...Dammit!"

-------------

Darkness, as far as the eye could see. A low moan, a shiver... for those who professed kindness to Pokemon, they sure didn't practice it...

The Gardevoir shook her head out, mumbling to herself. How long would it take... It had to have been... what, weeks now? That battle had gone horribly... damn sneak attacks.

"Hm...?" she sensed... presences here. Other Pokemon... even though she couldn't see them.

~ Nanka ~

Nanka awoke with a start, only to hardly see anything. A slight groan and a shift he refocused his sight, trying to make out what is surroundings were. He could barely make out the stone wall hat surroundedfrom all sides, less the metal door. He checked his sides to find his pokeballs missing.

"Of course, as if they'd actually let me keep them with me."
Nanka sighed and clered his dry throat, he must've been out for a while,

"Hey, is there anyone else there?" Nanka asked in a hushed tone. Nanka sighed in exasperation. He had a hunch for his being brought here, but he hated the idea of it.

-------

~Hytanix~

"Bidding time, bidding time, bidding time. *sigh* Crap, why am I here, why are my frends here, and what the hell is going on?"

Hytanix sighed again and looked around, hs eyes piercing the darkness. He could easily make out his freinds, but all of them where unconcious, and he knew tht he couldn't break them out, not that it'd be a good idea anyway.

"Damn..."

Jake awoke in a cell across the hall. He grunted bluntly when he tried to move his right arm but with no avail. The loud clang of metal against the wall causes his eyes to shoot open; shortly after all his other senses registered that something wasn't right. His left arm tugged - same clang. He didn't even have the morale to attempt to move his legs; as his entire body rose from an unconscious state his imprisonment became clear.

He heard a woman talk about being "stripped" of her Pokemon. Dammit, no. No... He thought as he swayed his body around a bit trying to get a feel if his Pokeballs still sat upon his belt. Sadly, they were gone as well. He cursed under his breath.

He collected himself and called out, "Please tell me I am not the only one locked up in this place." He paused and sighed before making a jest. "To rot and starve in a dark, damp cell would be way too boring without other people to suffer with."

Opening her eyes slowly, she could see that her glasses were a little ways off from her and that it was very hard to see. She reached for her glasses, wiped them off, and placed them back on her face. Liza could tell that it didn't help her any except to make the darkness more clear then just a blurry mess.

Hearing the other voices made her turn her head but she still wasn't able to see clearly. One thing Liza did notice was that she was chained to something, and couldn't move anywhere. What...what happened again? She thought as she noticed she couldn't hear the voice of Celesta saying something about her clothes.

Johnna watched as the struggling girls were led into the cell, eyes darting towards the exit. Could she make it? No, she couldn't. And even if she did, they would catch up to her and kill her afterwards. Or do worse. Maybe even hurt her Pokemon. Wherever they were. She had woken up what seemed like hours ago, and then she was in a panic. She remember how she frantically looked for her PokeBalls. They had even taken her contest ribbons. Oh, the horror of it all!

"Is there anyone else there?" She heard one man's voice carry across the cell. "Yes!" she answered, happy that someone had decided to raise their voice and talk. "I'm over here! Who's that?" She was happy to be someone who wasn't wearing an ugly green uniform.

Someone else called out, and she answered them with the same thing. Good. There were others. Others missing their Pokemon, others that were in the same situation she was in right now.

--------------------------

Helen, Baby Blue, and Flutter all heard the moan from the other captured Pokemon. They huddled in their cell together. B was shivering, afraid, and Hel pressed herself up closer to her, Flutter gently pay the blue Eevee's head with his stubby little arm, calming her a little. "Where are we?" the Eevee asked, frightened still. "I don't know," Helen replied, shaking her head. They were away from Jo. They missed her, wanted her. Where was she?

Flut cleared his throat. "Hello?" He asked, voice echoing in the darkness. He wondered what it was like for Hel and B, with eyes that could see in the dark. Then again, he wondered if that was such a good thing. What horrible things could they see that he couldn't. He was happy he was spared from the horror of it all, but he still felt bad for them.

First one head rose, then two, then three.

"Where..."

"are..."

"we?"

One head turned to look around the dank chamber that they were in. There wasn't much to see, and for some reason, they couldn't turn their heads all the way. There was also some strange, muffled growling somewhere nearby.

"What is..."

"this..."

"place?"

The Hydreigon known as Struve tried to raise its heads further, and stretch its wings to try and go on a surveying flight, only to find that neither would move fully.

"Interesting," all three heads said at once.

Their eyes were starting to adjust to the dim light, and they could see several things: stones, chains, and several other pokemon.

Including one battle-scarred Rhyperior, who was held in place by several thick steel rings.

That's when it hit them.

"We were attacked," one head remembered, "someone ambushed Myles and brought us here."

"The question is, where is here?" another head wondered, "I don't remember any dungeons like this in Johto or Kanto."

"You're assuming that we're still in either region," the third head offered, "we don't remember how long any of us were knocked out for - we could be back home in Unova for all we know."

"Either way, I don't think it wise for us to stick around and find out," the first head decided, "let's blast out of whatever's holding us down, shall we?"

Struve readied a Dragonic attack, but before it could strike, the mystical energy rebounded upon itself, knocking the wind out of the dragon. At the sound of this, the growling stopped for a moment, only to start again.

"Again, interesting," all three heads mused, "it's commendable of our unknown assailant to go to such measures, but they can't last forever."

"Actually, they can."

The Hydreigon turned to the source of the new, deep voice: a Dusknoir restrained to their right.

"I've been awake for some time now, Hydreigon, and I can tell you that the humans are ready for just about any attempt you can make at breaking out. And if they think you're close to escape, they'll just restrain you more and more until you end up like poor Avsa there."

He indicated (as best he could) the Vaporeon restrained nearby the two, which had been making the growling noise. It was also held down by so many chains that Struve could only identify as a Vaporeon from its tail (and even then, it was jagged enough to make it rather unrecognizable.

"Well, clearly..."

"you know more about..."

"this imprisonment than us, ghost."

"Care to tell us more?" they asked simultaneously.

The Dusknoir gave a harsh chuckle.

"To put it simply, we are the results of more of humanity's mistakes. Some cabal of humans has been abducting trainers left and right, though even I am not clear as to why," Struve grunted at this sentiment, but the Dusknoir chose to ignore it, "they've been hunting my trainer and I down for quite some time - at first it was because of that Vaporeon, but it eventually reached a point where she was more of a prize than the Vaporeon, and eventually overwhelmed myself, Avsa, and three comrades of ours."

At this, he pointed in the general direction of three more imprisoned pokemon: a Sigilyph with an interesting color scheme, a large Krookodile, and a Ninetales.

"I would assume that you were in the same group as that Rhyperior, the Mandibuzz, the Sharpedo, and that Cofagrigus that were brought here along with you, Hydreigon," the Dusknoir continued, "and I didn't see your trainer, mind you, but I have no doubt that-"

"Myles!?"

The three heads had spoken so suddenly that the Dusknoir was taken aback. "Well, if that is his name, I would assume that he is wherever they are imprisoning the humans. Given that you and your cadre arrived not too long after me, your trainer is probably nearby mine."

The Hydreigon was only half listening (or rather, one-third listening.)

"Myles is here..."

"and if they are treating him as..."

"someone that ambushed us might..."

Struve stopped himself. Then, the middle head slumped in defeat.

"There is nothing we can do to save him, and that is what is going to hurt him the most."
----
It was the voices.

There were many voices, all going about in what seemed like an endless cycle. Saying things about being the first to go, losing pokemon, torture, going after-

Eventually, the voices were too much for Caitlin to ignore, and she awoke.

That's what it felt like, of course, but when she actually opened her eyes, she saw more or less total darkness. She could still hear the voices, though. It seemed like that was all she could hear.

Hoping that she could learn a little about what was happening, Caitlin started to get up, only for something to stop her movement. She tried to get up three more times, and on the fourth try, she realized this was getting nowhere, and decided that maybe one of her pokemon could help.

"Mohtrek," she said, "would you mind picking me up? My limbs don't seem to be responding at all."

No response. "Mohtrek," Caitlin said, turning to face behind her shoulder where her Sigilyph usually floated, "if you're making a joke, it's not fun-"

The word died in her throat as she saw nothing but a stone wall.

It came rushing back to her by then.

"That's right," she recalled, "those green freaks kept attacking and attacking, and eventually..." she looked around the stone room, "well, I guess those bastards succeeded."

Furthermore, the fact that her Sigilyph (and, from the lack of any other non-human sounds nearby, her Dusknoir) were nowhere near her indicated that it wasn't just Avsa that they were targeting.

"Wait a minute," she realized, reaching toward her belt, "if they're not here, then are any-"

Nothing.

"Damn!" she growled, "They really were ready for this, weren't they?"

Her eyes scanned the cell, and hovered over its occupants in particular. Some of them looked like they'd been in the place for months, and others looked like they'd only just been brought in.

Eventually, she saw that her closest cellmate was a tall, thin boy, wearing what appeared to be a jacket of some kind. From what Caitlin could tell, his lack of any words so far indicated that either he was unconscious, he just didn't want to say anything, or he was dead.

"If I had Zrantox, I could find out for sure," she muttered, "oh well; guess I'll be doing it the hard way..."

The boy was close. Not close enough that Caitlin could reach him with either restrained arm, but close enough that she could try and wake him up by kicking him.

She did so, kicking out at the nearest part of the boy's body: one of his legs.

The effect was immediate: the boy's eyes opened, and without warning, the boy let out a loud yell in pain.

Perhaps three seconds after he had woken up, the boy stopped the yell, and immediately tried to grab the leg that Caitlin had kicked. Thanks to his restraints, this failed, and the boy winced as the leg suddenly stopped from the chain.

Now, a sensible person would have known that kicking someone to wake them up was high on the list of bad ideas, as it could result in any number of unknown effects. A sensible person might have also noticed that one of the legs of the boy was bent badly to one side, and thus kicking him there would be even higher on the list of bad ideas, (unless you were the sadistic type.) And anyone would have known to, at the very least, not talk to the boy, and let them realize what was happening to them on their own.

Unfortunately, Caitlin wasn't in the most sensible mood, not when she was in an unknown stone room, separated from her pokemon, especially the one that seemed to be able to reason with her the most.

"What the hell was that all about?!" Caitlin yelled at the boy, "just because someone kicks you in the leg you freak out like that? What kind of a freak are you?!"

The boy looked at her briefly, and then closed his eyes, and started frantically saying one word under his breath: Struve.

"Kid, our pokemon aren't here," Caitlin said, assuming that Struve was the name of one of his pokemon (it certainly sounded like one,) "the scumbags that imprisoned us here took them all from us."

Upon hearing this, the boy's eyes widened, and he simply sagged in defeat.

"Useless," Caitlin muttered, "I hope the rest of these cellmates are actually smart enough to figure out a way out of wherever the hell we are."

In the darkened room, the silence didn't last long - a frustrated growl echoed against the metal chambers eerily.

*BANG*

Something struck one of the metal walls with a significant force. Another, howling, growl emanated.

*BANG*

You could just about hear the frustrated swearing - you could tell whoever was doing this was in pain, whether or not you had the capability of sensing feelings.

*BANG*

One last time, followed by a shallow *whump* and laboured breathing. You couldn't see in this light, as an absolutely battered Riolu lay on the ground of her cell. She was covered in blood and bruises, and one of her eyes had actually swollen shut from a particularly bad hit - she had fought to the bitter end, having to be taken down quite a bit more forcefully than her captors probably would have hoped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"dammit... DAMMIT!" Anastasia yelled to herself, too weak to summon anything audible. "Weak.. have to gang up.. sneak up.. where.. did they put me... dammit..."

She could feel the ground beneath her - though it could barely be called that - bare metal, cold, and slick to the touch. Her own blood, she presumed, it was easy to feel that she had been shredded nicely.
"Didn't even bother to patch me up.. probably want me to bleed out.." *Cough* "Cowards..."

~Nanka~

Nanka sighed in relief as someone directly responded him. It was a girl's voice, hadly older than 15 was his guess. He realised she was put in his cell, and replied.

"My name is Nanka, you?" He thought for a second, and then asked "what is the last thing you rememer doing befoe you were brought here?" Nanka's tone was still hushed, as he believed that this ws a prison of sorts, and that there'd likely be some sort of guard patrols.

"Ah, too much TV perhaps...I hope Kevin's Ok..."

Nanka looked straight at the source of the feale voice and made out a femanine figure, taller in stature than he had expected, but of average build for her age. Her clothes were worn and tattered, not surpring, he could feel the same about his own. He sighed slightly as he thought as to how his pokemon were.

-------
~Hytanix~

Hytanix noticed the three new pokemon added to the cell, and the call of inquisition by the one.

"I'm here, with my freinds." Hytani replied, his tone level, and somewhat thoughtful. "I am Hytanix, a Hydreigon. My freinds, currently asleep, consist of Spatz the Raichu, Ricolan the Lucario, Avery the Swellow, Clyde the Tyranitar, and Hastion the Aggron. You are?"

Jake noticed there was no response to his statement. He listed to hear bits of dialogue popping up around him. He tugged at the chains again...his hat tipped off his head and floated down to the ground. The soft "POOF" sound the bowl-shaped hat made as it hit the dusted ground echoed oddly over the talking and then went silent.

The irony that someone would steal his friends...no his family from him, beat him unconscious, drag him to some dungeon, chain him to a wall yet place his hat upon his head in such a kind manner. "So...we all lack Pokemon and we all seem to be chained up in a similar manner. Anyone have a plan on how the hell we can get out of here."

no...you...you can't...

With a start, the voices around Leon, no louder than whispers, woke him from his troubled sleep. Wherever he was, he knew he was sore, uncomfortable, and cold.

He voiced his only thought, perhaps a little bit loudly.

... "What the hell...?"

As Leon tried to regain a small bit of composure, he looked down at the his belt. Mainly, the six empty slots on it. Feeling panicky with a hint of deja vu thrown in, Leon turned to whoever was next to him and asked the poor soul a question.

"Alright. Do you have any idea where the hell we are, and why my pokemon are missing?"

Jake turned to see a man next to him who he just noticed. He nodded. "It seems like we were all ambushed, imprisoned and had our Pokemon taken away. Welcome to the club stranger...the name is Jake Reynolds."

He sighed at the end of the sentence...imprisonment was fine for him since he could wait but his Pokemon were another matter entirely.

"My name's Johnna. I just remember someone shoved some wet rag into my face and everything went black. I was headed to my next contest. Surely you must know of me. I'm Johnna Gale, the famous contestant?" She hoped he knew who she was. But then again, she was only known to the contest crowd.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm Flutter, a Butterfree. This is Helen the Luxio and B the Eevee. We were here with Miss Johnna... do you know where our masters are?" The old insect pondered, furrowing his brow.

Struve turned all three of his heads to the other member of his kind.

"Good to see..."

"another one of our kind..."

"in this place. Our name is Struve," the head introduced, "and the Rhyperior is Ccapac, the Cofagrigus is Supay, the Mandibuzz is Aslla, and the Sharpedo is Chacu."

Another head faced the Dusknour, who gave another soft laugh. "I must have forgotten my manners. I am Zrantox, you have seen Avsa, the Sigilyph is Mohtrek, the Ninetales is Kadin, and the Krookodile is Jutlin." After a pause, he addded, "I am afraid I have never heard of your trainer, but I was in hiding for the past half year."

"Would it be rude to ask why?"

The Dusknoir - no, Zrantox, looked at Struve, "It was, at the core, protecting my trainer."

"Ah, we'd know all about such an action," one head noted, "we'll pry no further."

Yes, Struve knew all about what it meant to protect his trainer.
----
It was safe to say that Myles Osller was going to have the worst day of his life.

Bad enough to be knocked out by someone and brought to a prison of some kind. Worse that he was separated from his pokemon and imprisoned right near the worst possible inmate, who seemed to be unaware of his leg injury.

"I should have known something like this was going to happen," he fumed, "a cripple like me doesn't deserve to live among anyone willing to help... even Struve and Supay have been taken from me."

~Nanka~

Nanka smiled hesitantly and replied,

"No, I'm sorry, I don't folow contests much, I'm- I was much too busy with my ranch, but I guess that's different now. I suppose it's a good thing the rest of my pokemon are in my PC, and can only be accessed by..." Nanka stick his hand into hs shoe, and pulls up the sole, retrieving a small card, "...by having my trainer card. As for te wet rag, chloroforme it's a convinient sedative, I sometomes use t to calm down an unrly pokemon, though with extreme moderation..."

Nanka lets out a sigh, he hated this situation, he hated that he wasn't able to tend the pokemon that had been left in his care, but he guesssed that that didn't matte now.

"I don't hugely expect you to know me, and I'm still surprised that they found my ranch...but none of that matters now. Damn! What is it with people today, kidnapping even the least likely candidates for Rocket sympathies..."

Nanka let out a growl very reminiscent of Clyde, and furrowed his brow as he scrunched up. He was frustrated, tired, cold, and hungry. Amazingly, though, he was not scared, his rage at the moment woldn't allow fear.

"Let's just hope our pokemon are beter of then us..." Nanka says in a less then hopeful tone.

--------

~Hytanix~

"Ah, so weve all been dumped in one cell, and are restrained in a fashion to revent our escape. This is curious." Hytanix thinks for a second, then resumes, "No, I am sorry, but I do not know where our masters are, but it is likely that they are kept a distance away."

"No, they're close enough, but just." A tired and unfazed tone rises from Hytanix's right. "Sight may not penetrate these walls, but little can completely obscure my sight."

Hytanix laughs slighty and replies,

"Well my freind it appears you'e awoken, how long I may not know as you always keep you eyes shut. Amazing a Lucario you truly are." Hytanix replies, a clear, but almost completely unseen grin spread upon his main head, the other two looking about.

"Spatz and the other three are stil asleep, so lets leave'm that way, no need to have Spatz get all worked up, or Haston and Clyde make a foolish brutish attempt to escape."

Hytanix nods simply, a warm feeling in his heart, now knowing his master's proximity.

Chains rattling uselessly, more and more other Pokemon calling out, identifying themselves... But why was there still darkness? What had they done...

"Who's... there..." Hera called out, albeit possibly futily. She felt nearby her... anger... she was too weak still to be able to tell what anything was, but she knew she felt anger. Perhaps maybe... she could gather just enough energy to reach out to the source...

Behind her blinders, the Gardevoir's eyes glowed, in a weak attempt to reach the Riolu next to her with her mind.

-------------------

Azurra closed her eyes, listening to the people natter and wonder where they were. Chains rattled next to her, and there was some indescript shouting. She looked again to see the white-haired girl struggling, fighting as if it would make a difference.

"...Don't even bother, you're locked in here tight."

"What do you mean don't bother?!" Angel roared over another attempt to pull the chains from the wall, "They knocked me out and threw me in here for no reason!!"

Vera snorted. "Y'all would do well t' listen t' the lady... no use wearin' yerself out now."

"Listen, lady, I will do what I want, when I want, and there is no way-"

"Quiet..." Azurra seemed to be looking her over, as if she was contemplating. Her hair in particular had caught her interest.

Spike groaned and awoke with a bit of a stagger. His head was still spinning from the drugs used to knock him out. Where was he now? How long had it been? The last he knew, he was on a boat, traveling home to visit with his family, but now? Everything was dark, but he could already tell he was trapped, a prisoner in an unknown place, for an unknown reason. What the heck was going on? He looked around, hearing a voice nearby speak a name... Johnna Gale. The name sounded familiar, but it took a moment for him to remember why... yes, they had met in Sinnoh during a contest! He didn't remember who won, but they had both done well... "Johnna?" He suddenly spoke up. "What are you doing here? Do you remember me... Spike?"

________

Luminita slowly awakened, lifting her head to take a look around at her surroundings. It was dark and cold, and she knew right away she was not alone. There were way too many other Pokémon there... She waited for a little while to let herself adjust to her new surroundings, then lifted her head up overtop of most of the others. The room was filled with other Pokémon, of many different species... there was even another sea serpent, though this one was much larger than she was... beautiful, but in a way, scary... But just as she was about to shy away in a corner somewhere, she noticed a very familiar figure... Anastasia, her favorite little chewtoy, laid weakly on the ground nearby, in a small puddle of blood. Someone else must have chewed her up and spit her out! That was inexcusable! Luminita slowly slithered her way over to the beaten up Riolu, carefully curling her body up around Ana, whimpering softly as she began to lick the Riolu's wounds, tasting the bittersweet blood dripping from her body. But what could she do to help. "I'm sorry, Ana... I'm weak... I couldn't help you... Please, forgive me..." she whispered to the poor pup.

((Hey Kali?.. Anna's sort of in a cage, keeping in mind she went off in a blaze of glory, they'd want her a bit more secure, hence the whole metal walls, metal cell floor thing, I doubt she could be reached..
There's also that.. uh.. well I kind of briefed you on her character on MSN - she's not very liable to be a chew toy. I hate feeling like I'm overbearing here, it's just.. yeah.))

"Oh what.. now... urrgh..." Anna swore to herself as her head started to throb - she could recognise the feeling, psychic feelers, worming their way in, messing around with her head. What, were they torturing her now? No, it wasn't an aggressive act, she could tell that much - but at this point, it really didn't matter much. Her built-in automatic response had kicked in, trying to block off her thoughts to the intrusion. She moaned softly - it wasn't persay a response, but she knew someone else was there now, and it wasn't as easy as it should have been to say something coherent.

"Johnna Gale?" Jake stated out-load. "I thought you would least be able to get out of being captured...at least based on what I heard about you."

The man groaned loudly and just sat where he was. He started to think about what this was all about. To his knowledge Team Rocket was ousted from any position of influence within the Johto and Kanto regions with all resources locked away. How could a prison go unnoticed? How can mass kidnapping go unnoticed? Unless...it wasn't a Rocket plot. Honestly, it seemed too dark to be a Rocket plot...too evil...

Whoever did this has an agenda to get rid of everyone locked in these cells and do something sinister with their Pokemon. Rocket enjoys toys like spinning tile floors and vacuum packs...chaining up people in prison isn't their style.

Hearing something about contests, Liza finally decided to speak up. "Johnna, right? You participate in contests? I-I participate in contests too...I'm Liza. Hearing the conversations around here I see we've all gotten our pokemon taken...oh, Celesta...I can already tell she's going to be complaining..."

She heard another voice complain, one slightly off to her side. Believe me, you aren't the only one thinking that...

((Are all of us in the same cell?))

Caitlin stared coldly at the boy that she had woken up. He hadn't said a single worthwhile thing since his learning that their pokemon were there, so Caitlin had stopped listening to what he was saying, and tried to find a way to break out of her restraints.

Naturally, she hadn't. Doubtless that her assailants remembered how defiant she was during their last battle, so the enemy had her locked completely down. And she doubted that she wouldn't be getting out until one of the other imprisoned somehow freed themselves and then freed her.

"Either that, or wait for one of my pokemon to find me and break me out," she considered, "but after seeing how strong of a battler I was, I seriously doubt that they would take the slightest chance of having any of mine go free... especially Avsa."

So here she was, looking at the most useless-looking person she'd seen in her entire journey, and from the sound of things, the other imprisoned were doing no better.
----
Zrantox heard the sound of one of the pokemon waking up. After a few moments of trying to move, the pokemon spoke, in an almost complete deep monotone: "Would someone explain what exactly is happening?"

"Ah, Mohtrek, you've awoke," Zrantox greeted, "if you must know, we've lost that battle earlier, and our attackers locked us here and Caitlin somewhere else."

"And I take it that writhing mass on the ground is Avsa?"

"Yes, and Jutlin and Kadin are to your right. To my left is a Hydreigon known as Struve, whose companions and trainer were also captured. Elsewhere in the room are other pokemon in similar situations, including another Hydreigon."

"I see," Mohtrek said, "and do we have any idea why others ended up in the same proverbial boat as Caitlin? Did they have pokemon that those green-clad fellows were after?"

"No, it is simply that these trainers rubbed the green-clads the wrong way. So, in retaliation, they did the natural human thing and brought us all to wherever this is."

The Sigilyph ignored Zrantox's jab. "And we're certain that Caitlin is here? Whatever they have restraining me is preventing me from taking advantage of my psychic abilities."

"Yes, I saw her before they locked me in here. It's an interesting thing: I and Caitlin were the only ones still fighting after you and Avsa fell-" at this, the Vaporeon growled a little more harshly, but Zrantox ignored her, "-and they managed to surround Caitlin, knock her out, and then they threatened to kill her unless I came quietly."

"They did what?"

"I know, I was surprised myself. Not at their actions, mind you - it is typical human cowardice to use one of their own as a shield - but the fact that they completely ignored Avsa."

"Why would they take her hostage, then? Surely they must have realized that you could have rescued her, albeit at the likely cost of your post-life."

Zrantox paused to think. "I find it possible that they did not wish for any more harm than necessary to come to me. It's very likely that they felt more of a need to remove me from the battle while still keeping me alive."

"This is all interesting," one of Struve's heads remarked dryly, "but then why would they attack us? Myles always avoided talking to anyone."

"It's more than likely that it was simply wrong place and wrong time," another head decided, "which, of course, we can't tell him. The last thing he needs to know is that he was attacked without a tangible reason."

"Agreed," the third head nodded. Zrantox started to ask exactly what they were talking about, but thought better of it. The Hydreigon had respected his privacy, so he should respect theirs.

Back
Top Bottom