• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favorite Character Ever?

PLAY KLONOA 2. NOW.
Though I'd have to say I like Leorina as a character a bit more.

This. I really liked Leorina. If they had taken the time to flesh her out just a bit more, she would've been MUCH better than she already was though.

I'm still looking for a copy of the game, but I want to play it, myself, it's just that it's hard to find a copy and it's even harder when you live in the PAL region.

This is true. It must suck living in PAL regions, since they generally get shafted from most of the good games. It's like most developers and publishers look at PAL regions, and say "Screw you all, I don't wanna go through all the trouble to make my games compatible with 50Hz screens."

I like a lot of characters, but a favorite? Hmmmm... Well, all the characters in TWEWY are in interesting(especially minamimoto), but at the end of the day, i have to say that my favorite character in probably link.

snapshot20080602035344.jpg

OSAKA.

'Cause she is awesome.

Locke, Sabin, and Edgar from Final Fantasy VI. Epic motherfuckers they are.

Also, I prefer Mario over Luigi, mainly because Mario isn't a pussy.

Locke, Sabin, and Edgar from Final Fantasy VI. Epic motherfuckers they are.

Also, I prefer Mario over Luigi, mainly because Mario isn't a pussy.

Exactly what makes Luigi a pussy though? If anything, he's probably got more courage than Mario. Mario's just all gung-ho and "Wheeee" like a 5 year old, which I find to be just plain annoying.

Anyways, on-topic; Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia, and Shing Meteoryte from Tales of Hearts. These two characters, are two perfect examples of what a main character in an RPG should be.

Yuri, while he's still young, breaks the norm of "random 16 year old saves the world from random world ending catastrophe". Instead, gives us "21 year old former-knight who made a name for himself through petty crimes saves the world from the leader of the knights, and not so random world ending catastrophe". Granted, those both do sound random, but you'd actually have to play the game to understand that the story compliments his character very well, and it does a nice job of showing how the party works to catch up with the villain. Plus, he's not annoying, or immature, or a plain asshole, always eating, or an idiot idealist; he's pretty much impossible to unnerve, going everywhere with a straight face, he's sarcastic, and almost always seems to know exactly what's going on and where, having a good grip on any situation that comes to him, usually with the help of his companions. Plus, he actively follows his own path of "justice", taking the path of a common criminal by dirtying his hands and murdering two people that the law couldn't touch, effectively turning him into a hypocrite. Oh yeah, and did I mention that the way he fights is fucking badass? Best swordsman I've ever seen in an RPG.

Shing's character is pretty much summed up in his official character description: he's got an insatiable curiosity for the world around him, and lacks personal experience of the world, as he's only been in his hometwon until the start of the game, so he lacks the delicacy in his speech and the things he does that other people have, at one point trying to quote one of his party members, but failing miserably, trying to say that he's a coward, and that he's got peanuts for ball, but instead calling him a bunch of food names.

But unlike other RPG characters, who constantly make mistakes and are too stupid to do anything about them, let alone even notice them, Shing actually notices the mistakes he makes, properly reflects on them, and does his best to fix those mistakes. He also makes a nice punching bag for the other characters, frequently getting beaten, and at one point is forced to stab himself when the villain has control over his body when he's still inside of Shing. But that just goes to show how truly tenacious he is.

Plus, he gets the best quote ever:
Shing said:
Gramps always said to help a pretty lady! And if she's got a big chest, help her at the cost of your life!!

And this adage even comes into play at one point in the story as well =P
Oh yeah, plus, he's voiced Tetsuya Kakihara, same guy who did Simon in Gurren Lagann.

Ok, as of now, I'm pretty damn sure my favourite character of all time is the King of Sorrow, from Klonoa 2, and I have a pretty good explanation why.

To begin with, he was behind pretty much everything, he was the one who led you through the game the entire game, even thought he did by controlling the Prophet Baguji. He was also the first character to appear besides Klonoa, and you hear him several times, as his echoing cries for help is heard several times through the game. And the there's his theme song, the best video game song ever, because of how it isn't just his theme, it coverts his history and personality into music in such an incredible way. And as much as he's accused for trying to create chaos, all he wanted was to be remembered, for his kingdom to be remembered, he wanted everyone to remember sorrow.

And his design is just adorable, and his voice actor/actress is just amazing. <3

Well, if you ask me, the awesome-est character ever created by mankind would have to be Ike from the Fire Emblem series. And no, not Ike as he appeared in Brawl (that's the watered-down version =P) the real Ike, as seen in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. He owns. xD

As for a girl character... eh I guess Fire Emblem again. Lethe is pretty. =3

Back
Top Bottom