• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Favorite Cover Songs?

Giraffes

Tangle In This Trampled Wheat
Simple enough; post some of your favorite covers! Professional or YouTube made. :D

"I Want You" - The Tallest Man on Earth (orig. Bob Dylan)
"Hurt" - Johnny Cash (orig. Nine Inch Nails)
"Wouldn't It Be Nice" - She & Him (orig. Beach Boys)
"Common People" - William Shatner (orig. Pulp)
"Hallelujah" - Jeff Buckley (orig. Leonard Cohen)
"Simple Twist of Fate" - Jeff Tweedy (orig. Bob Dylan) They took down the vid for this one. D:
"Crazy" - Ray LaMontange (orig. Gnarls Barkley)

I'll post some more later if the thread picks up. :D

NIN original of Hurt is better. I'm probably the only one to think that.

Blackfield's cover of "Thank U" by Alanis Morrissette.

Sympathy for the Devil - Laibach (pretty much all of Laibach's covers, really)
White Rabbit - Patti Smith (and the rest of Twelve)

Both better than the originals (Rolling Stones and Jefferson Airplane, in case your knowledge of classic rock is abysmal).

I've been listening to Silence's version of The Hall of Mirrors (Kraftwerk) on repeat for a while, so that too.

This is the song that introduced me to Franz Ferdinand. It did a fairly good job, methinks.

Apocalyptica/Rammstein's "Helden", cover of David Bowie's "Heroes". (It's in German, obviously.)

Also Charice/Lea Michele's (the Glee cover) Telephone (Lady Gaga)! I might actually prefer it over the original.
Schue and Dr Horrible did a great job with Aerosmith's Dream On, too :>

Vixie ♥;450424 said:
Also Charice/Lea Michele's (the Glee cover) Telephone (Lady Gaga)! I might actually prefer it over the original.
Schue and Dr Horrible did a great job with Aerosmith's Dream On, too :>

I actually really don't like those covers. :[

Okay, Glee covers first. Toxic, 4 Minutes, It's My Life / Confessions, Pt. II, Stop! In the Name of Love/Free Your Mind, and I Want To Hold Your Hand are probably my favourites just in terms of quality covers. It's really hard to pick because there are so many - I have over 100 Glee songs heh - but most of them aren't really what I'd consider covers, just different people singing the same song. Very few changes. I love most of their mashups, though. Especially the ones I mentioned. :D

Right. Non-Glee covers. Scissor Sisters do a pretty epic Comfortably Numb cover. Verry different. Mika has an awesome cover of Poker Face. I also love Boyce Avenue's covers of Disturbia and 4 Minutes. Anddd last one, Philos has an awesome cover of Defying Gravity.

I really like The Vitamin String Quartet's covers of everything, ever. Not to say they're better, but you haven't heard Bon Jovi/Lady Gaga/U2/Pink Floyd/R.E.M./Muse/Queen/I could go on until you've heard them on string.
This oh god this. I especially love VSQ's cover of Welcome to the Black Parade and their Muse covers ♥

For some reason I like Miser's version of Zombie (originally by the Cranberries) better. Some of the covers from the Pop Goes Punk series are pretty good (I like Mayday Parade's When I Grow Up and Silverstein's Apologize the best) but when the singers start screaming the lyrics it starts to sound horrible :/

Suffocated - Orianthi (originally by Sound the Alarm)
Hush - Deep Purple (originally by Joe South)
Rhiannon - Superfly (originally by Fleetwood Mac) (the original's still good, though)
Ghost Riders in the Sky - Children of Bodom (originally by Burl Ives)
Cat Scratch Fever - Pantera (originally by Ted Nugent)

Back
Top Bottom